San Diego to DL - stop at which Beach? I haven't a clue

lillady718

Earning My Ears
Ok on our 3rd day in California, we'll be making our way from San Diego to Anaheim. Where would be a good beach to stop at?

PLUS
I've never ever been to a beach before?
What's the norm?

Parking area? Come dressed in your swimsuits? Entrance fee ?

I'm thinking we'll just be there less than an hour. You know take some pictures, dip our toes in the water, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice :earsgirl:

We did this a few years ago,and after reading an article in Family Fun magazine, we decided to go to San Clemente. It was really nice! It was fairly easy to get to the beach from I-5, and there were signs to help. There is a small lot for parking, or you can park on the street. You just walk across the railroad tracks and you are on the beach. There is no charge. Our kids changed into their suits in the car. DH and I just waded in the waves with our shorts on. There was a public restroom there - maybe a bathhouse - don't remember for sure. There were also outside showers for rinsing your feet. One word of caution - the Pacific Ocean is Cold! San Clemente also had a pier with great views and fishing. There's a seafood restaurant on the pier where you can eat with the waves coming in underneath you.

We really liked San Clemente and found it very family friendly.

If you google San Clemente, there are quite a few web sites. THe San Clemente SB site has an aerial view of the beach and pier.

Thanks ! It sounds neat
And handy access!

So how far would you guess it was from this beach on to Anaheim?
(Have to get our rental car in by 1p.m.)

We were surprised at how cold the ocean was. Another warning: you will get sunburned very quickly so put on some really strong sunscreen.

I'm not really sure how far it was from San Clemente to Anaheim - maybe 1-11/2 hrs. We drove up the coast for part of the way instead of taking the highway, so it probably took us longer. Someone from S. Ca. might be able to give you a better time estimate.

Yes, we also got sunburned pretty quickly that day. We were there for maybe 5 or 6 hrs. total (walked on the pier, ate lunch, spent some time on the beach) and it was enough for us to get a nice taste of a CA. beach and get our feet in the Pacific Ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter