San Diego

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
We have two days in San Diega after our DLR stay. (More like a day and a half). We want to do the zoo for sure and I'm leaning toward Old Town. Want to check out Seaport Village too. We are staying at Kona Kai.

Anyone have tips or advice? Any good places to eat?

Take your Trader Sam's mugs to Bali Hai and see if you can get a drink in them.

I'd check out Cabrillo Point before Seaport Village.

Zoo and then Balboa Park museums? La Jolla? Cabrillo Point is a good suggestions. I would skip Seaport Village. Unless you like history Old Town is kind on a snooze as well.

Will you have a car? What do you like to eat?

We went to the zoo in June. We arrived at park opening and stayed until 5:00. I would recommend taking the bus tour of the zoo first so you can get a nice overview of the park in the beginning. Our favorite part was seeing the pandas (long line but worth it) and the lemurs. It is an awesome zoo! It has a lot of hills so use that in your planning. Take the skyway to the top and work your way down seeing the exhibits. Terrific zoo! We walked over to Balboa Park when we were done but just walked around and enjoyed the buildings and landscaping. The traffic was not too bad going to and from Anaheim even during rush hour. It was "moving" traffic not stand still. Hope that helps some.

We ate at Albert's a sit down restaurant in the Zoo for lunch . Really good but there were plenty of counter service locations. We stayed at hotels within walking distance of Seaport Village but wouldn't have gone out of our way to get there. If you are there during baseball season a Padre's game is an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter