Sanaa or Jiko?

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
This would be for dinner around 8.

Tiffins is earlier in the day at noon.

Which would you choose and why?

Have you looked at the menus? The differences are significant. But both serve excellent food so it comes down to which menu looks better. I've eaten at both and can go either way. The bread service at Sanaa is a meal in itself.

To me the real choice at WDW is if the food is any good as, IMHO, most WDW restaurants are mediocre at best.

Have you looked at the menus? The differences are significant. But both serve excellent food so it comes down to which menu looks better. I've eaten at both and can go either way. The bread service at Sanaa is a meal in itself.

To me the real choice at WDW is if the food is any good as, IMHO, most WDW restaurants are mediocre at best.

I am looking at them now.

I really like both, we usually choose Jiko over Sanaa, but every time we eat at Sanaa we question why we don't eat there more often. I don't think you can go wrong, just choose whichever menu appeals to you the most.

We haven't done Jiko, but have done Sanaa. The food is really good. Get the bread service! It is so good and I could have made a meal out of it.

We've done both and prefer Jiko, we just like the menu a little bit more. My DD's are pretty adventurous eaters, but the flavor profiles at Sanaa just don't work for them. Like others have said, service at both is EXCELLENT

Jiko for us. We enjoyed the Sanaa bread service, but our meals were pretty blah there (and I was super sad about it). Jiko was absolutely perfect. Everyone's experience will be different, though. I am pretty sure that you would have a great time either way.

OP, As you can see they both have a lot of fans and no detractors. IMHO, you can't make a wrong choice.

Thanks all! I have decided (for now) anyway to go with Jiko. I had been leaning Sanaa because I’m gluten-free and it looked like it had more options, but multiple reports I’ve read have said that they were able to get, say, the fillet with a different side than the macaroni, which is the only reason that dish isn’t marked gluten-free.

Just gives me another reason to go back - go to Sanaa. :)

You really can't go wrong with either restaurant, both are incredible. I will say though that Jiko is probably my favorite restaurant on all of Disney.

How much earlier in the day is Tiffin's?

We love both Sanaa and Jiko. Sanaa is probably our favorite 1TS restaurant, Jiko is amongst our favorite Signatures (and just to not leave Boma out, that is our favorite buffet). Signature restaurants are like an experience to us, where drinks, apps, entrees and dessert (even if shared) should be enjoyed. That would mean, to us at least, 2 heavy-ish meals in the same day. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. If your Tiffin's ADR is for like 11:30-12, I say stick with the plan you have. But if it is any later than that, I might reconsider Sanaa instead because the meal is a little more flexible, less heavy and has more options in case you aren't 100% recovered from lunch... if that makes sense.

Either way, you are in for quite a tasty day. Enjoy!

How much earlier in the day is Tiffin's?

We love both Sanaa and Jiko. Sanaa is probably our favorite 1TS restaurant, Jiko is amongst our favorite Signatures (and just to not leave Boma out, that is our favorite buffet). Signature restaurants are like an experience to us, where drinks, apps, entrees and dessert (even if shared) should be enjoyed. That would mean, to us at least, 2 heavy-ish meals in the same day. Which is fine, don't get me wrong. If your Tiffin's ADR is for like 11:30-12, I say stick with the plan you have. But if it is any later than that, I might reconsider Sanaa instead because the meal is a little more flexible, less heavy and has more options in case you aren't 100% recovered from lunch... if that makes sense.

Either way, you are in for quite a tasty day. Enjoy!

Yes. Tiffins is at 11:30 and Jiko is 8:20.

(I do think that reasoning is why I will stick with my BOATHOUSE lunch at 11ish, Spice Road Table 7ish dinner - the somewhat lighter later meal.)

The appetizers and sides at Tiffins are the real stars of the menu - in my opinion! So you could definitely eat light at Tiffins if you want the bigger menu at Jiko for dinner.

This would be for dinner around 8.

Tiffins is earlier in the day at noon.

Which would you choose and why?
I liked our meal at Sanaa. Good Indian food and we had a lovely view of the animals. After dinner we hung out by the firepit on the savanna outside the restaurant, watching animals with night vision binoculars they lent us. Only at Disney...

Hope you love Tiffins as much as we do.
Jiko remains one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We have ADRs at Sanaa in April and looking forward to trying it.
I agree at looking at the menus and decide based on that. Jiko is amazing and from what I have read, so is Sanaa. I don't think there is a bad choice there.

Hope you love Tiffins as much as we do.
Jiko remains one of our favorite restaurants at WDW. We have ADRs at Sanaa in April and looking forward to trying it.
I agree at looking at the menus and decide based on that. Jiko is amazing and from what I have read, so is Sanaa. I don't think there is a bad choice there.

Thanks!

Yeah...I think that's what makes it such a hard choice. I've really heard good things about both of them equally rather than one overpowering the other.

So for now I'm at Jiko...but reserving the right to change my mind. (Advantage of being solo - no one to argue with. Though the disadvantage is I'm the only one making the decision when it's a tough one like this.)

I have had dinner at Jiko and both dinner and lunch at Sanaa. Both are excellent, but I would probably choose Jiko since it will be dark when you are there, and one of the best parts of Sanaa is seeing the animals outside while you eat.

Thanks!

Yeah...I think that's what makes it such a hard choice. I've really heard good things about both of them equally rather than one overpowering the other.

So for now I'm at Jiko...but reserving the right to change my mind. (Advantage of being solo - no one to argue with. Though the disadvantage is I'm the only one making the decision when it's a tough one like this.)

That sounds like a good plan (love solo time for exactly this reason). I couldn't tell from your posts whether you have been to the lodge before, but if not, Jiko at Jambo house is the better choice imho (unless you plan on seeing both Jambo and Kidani anyway) the lodge is just beautiful, and much grander than Kidani is, I also agree with the pp that lunch at Sanaa is great due to the animal viewing opportunities from the windows.

That sounds like a good plan (love solo time for exactly this reason). I couldn't tell from your posts whether you have been to the lodge before, but if not, Jiko at Jambo house is the better choice imho (unless you plan on seeing both Jambo and Kidani anyway) the lodge is just beautiful, and much grander than Kidani is, I also agree with the pp that lunch at Sanaa is great due to the animal viewing opportunities from the windows.

Thanks! My parents and I did stay there a few years ago. We only did Boma breakfast for a TS meal there though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter