Sean & Elaina **Where Dreams Come True** Planning Journal UPDATE 7-9 Pro Pictures!

Well no big updates for now.......I am continuing to work on the confetti.......slowly:rolleyes1 I still need to book a florist........I have one in mind but I just haven't found/made the time to go book her. I also need to make an appt. with the Bakery to go in and pick flavors etc for the cake- but they are out of town for the rest of the month so the soonest I can do that is in November....oh well plenty of time.:)

Today is the 8th month mark until the big day........i'll keep you all posted!:goodvibes

I guess the girl at David's Bridal might have known what she was talking about, but I also bought my dress from David's Bridal and had it for nearly 9 months before my wedding and I never aired it out at all except for the couple times I got it out to show someone.

If I were you, i'd be very leery of taking it out if you have pets. My sister got her bridesmaids dress from David's for my other sisters wedding and she would hang it out to airdry and by the time the wedding came she had places where the cat had had fun with it's claws.

I guess the girl at David's Bridal might have known what she was talking about, but I also bought my dress from David's Bridal and had it for nearly 9 months before my wedding and I never aired it out at all except for the couple times I got it out to show someone.

If I were you, i'd be very leery of taking it out if you have pets. My sister got her bridesmaids dress from David's for my other sisters wedding and she would hang it out to airdry and by the time the wedding came she had places where the cat had had fun with it's claws.

my cats LOVE my crinoline/hoop skirts, i found them sleeping in them last night...not good!

Ok so DF and I went today and met with the florist. 2.5 hours later we had chosen [well i had chosen LoL] the floral arrangements for the wedding. We ended up ordering:

4 arrangements for the arbors and bridge archways
2 standing arrangements for the ceremony
1 bridal bouquet
1 tossing bouquet
1 BM bouquet
2 boutenires one for DF and one for his BM
3 Bouteniers for our dads [stepdad included]
2 mothers corsages
2 grandma corsages
and an assortment of loose roses for the centerpieces.

Almost all of the flowers are pink/white roses, with an assortment of other flowers in the standing/arbor arrangements [same colors]. Overall i'm pleased with what we ordered and the florist was so wonderful to work with! It ended up being about $1200 total [after tax] but I was quoted $1500 by another florist for some of this stuff [not including the standing arrangements] so I figure I got a pretty good deal. :cool1:

We also have a meeting with the bakery next friday to go in and do some cake tasting!! Woo hoo!!!:banana: This will be DF's favorite part! LOL :rotfl: Well thats all for this update!

Just caught up with your PJ. First off, congratulations!

So sorry to hear about the reception venue but glad that there seems to be a resolution.

Love your dress, and love your color scheme. And I am not just saying that - this is one of the color schemes I am thinking about using.

Suggestion for the confetti and the numb thumb - is there any way you could get some premade confetti (plain) in one of the colors - maybe navy or white - to fill in? This way you won't have to punch out so much. But I do love it. This is another idea I also have for myself :thumbsup2 .

And for your tables, have you decided anything yet? Since you want to stay away from the Disney sweetheart names, maybe you could just number the tables with a castle place card type of thing??? You know, maybe do cut outs of a castle or different castles on some nice heavy white card stock, number them in navy and spray them with glitter or something...

Happy planning princess:

Ok so DF and I went today and met with the florist. 2.5 hours later we had chosen [well i had chosen LoL] the floral arrangements for the wedding. We ended up ordering:

4 arrangements for the arbors and bridge archways
2 standing arrangements for the ceremony
1 bridal bouquet
1 tossing bouquet
1 BM bouquet
2 boutenires one for DF and one for his BM
3 Bouteniers for our dads [stepdad included]
2 mothers corsages
2 grandma corsages
and an assortment of loose roses for the centerpieces.

Almost all of the flowers are pink/white roses, with an assortment of other flowers in the standing/arbor arrangements [same colors]. Overall i'm pleased with what we ordered and the florist was so wonderful to work with! It ended up being about $1200 total [after tax] but I was quoted $1500 by another florist for some of this stuff [not including the standing arrangements] so I figure I got a pretty good deal. :cool1:

We also have a meeting with the bakery next friday to go in and do some cake tasting!! Woo hoo!!!:banana: This will be DF's favorite part! LOL :rotfl: Well thats all for this update!

Wow that is a good deal! My DF is also only really excited about the cake tasting, which is about a year away at this point! hah

Thank you so much for your compliments! :grouphug:

Lisella: I am seriously considering just having tables numbered such as 1-14 and having an image of the castle on each card next to the number......simple yet elegant and it will definetly go with our theme! I have to admit there have been some times when i've doubted my color choices [thinking they might clash or be too abnormal as far as wedding colors go] but the farther I get into the planning the more i'm glad I picked what I did.

I also looked into getting some pre-maid confetti as I have seen Castle confetti online......however this was only sold in packages of about 3 ounces and it was silver- n/a in other colors. Also it was very expensive...like 2 or 3 dollars for a package. I like doing my own....it gives me a project to work on when i'm at a standstill for everything else. :goodvibes

I'm using a variety of darker shades of pink with just a few light roses for the flowers so that the pink in the flowers won't be overpowering. Thanks again guys!

Ok so time for an update! Sean and I went to Disneyland November 16-19th and had a great time! It was awesome seeing the park decorated for the holidays! We loved the Nightmare before Christmas Mansion! Here is a pic of us in front of the castle:
PB180072.jpg

So 2 weeks ago Sean and I picked out our cake. It's going to be a 3 tiered stacked cake with pink roses comming down the side like this one and then it will have our castle cake topper: http://www.arribas.com/istar.asp?a=65&image=/istarimages/mp/06186000!EG-386.jpg Our bottom layer is going to be white cake with lemon custard and our top two layers are going to be chocolate cake with chocolate chip mousse filling. :banana: The bakery is going to also put little Mickey head dots on our cake!!:cool1:

This weekend my mom and I took my sister [MOH and only attendent] to Davids Bridal to pick out her dress. I had already picked out the dress so we just had to make sure it looked good and fit which it did! Here are some pics of the correct dress and color but not the right size:
PB240123.jpg

PB240124.jpg

Here are some pics of my sister in the correct dress size but wrong color:
PB240110.jpg

PB240108.jpg

I'm thinking of having her hair twisted on the sides and then clipped up sorta like this:
PB240113.jpg

Sean and I also picked out our rings and now I have pics of those too!

Here is a couple of my E-ring with my wedding band; my wedding band is white gold 1 carat TW:
PB250139.jpg

PB250148.jpg

Seans ring is white gold:
PB250141.jpg

And the 3 rings together:
PB250143.jpg

Well thats about all for this update! It's comming along, although more slowly then it was in the beginning. But now we have all the big things picked out besides the music so I guess thats a good thing! Until next time!:goodvibes

Thank You!:goodvibes I'm really excited about all the progress we've made so far with the planning!

Oh I forgot! Confetti continues lol :rotfl2:

Ok once again I need some help from you creative Disney brides! I really hate the idea of walking down the Isle to "Here Comes the Bride". I thought about using "Ever Ever After" from Enchanted but I can't find the instrumental version and everyone tells me a] it'll be really hard to time the music just right and b] it's best to use a song without words. So do any of you have a song Disney or otherwise that you could reccomend? Thanks!:goodvibes

our recessional is to bittersweet symphony, i'm walking down the aisle to a super secret song, so i can't tell you that, but i love something different, bittersweet symphony is fantastic, though, not very traditional.

Thanks! I appreciate the idea! Bittersweet symphony is really a lovely song, i've even heard that one before! Though i'm not sure it's a "walk down the isle song" Definetly great for the recessional though! Were already using "A Whole New World" from Aladdin so that won't work......LOL Any other ideas anyone?

Thank God For Amazon! LOL I found the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD on there and I'm pretty sure i'm going to use "Beauty & The Beast"! This is my all time favorite Disney song [and my favorite movie] I've wanted to use this song somehow in the wedding but DF is paranoid that it compares him to the beast......which it doesn't. But now I can use it without there being any words so it'll be ok! Woo Hoo! I also ordered the Wishes CD:goodvibes Thanks sooo much everyone for all your help with everything!:grouphug:

I just caught myself up with your whole PJ and your wedding is sounding like it will be AMAZING. I love your confetti so much!! And your dress looks like it was made for you. I can't wait to see what you decide for your hair. Congratulations on everything and I can't wait to read more. :)

Awww! :grouphug: Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm really hoping everything will come together at the end! I'm very excited to see the final result!

Maybe some of you can help me with a problem i'm having.....I would like to have an image of Cinderellas Castle on the front of our wedding programs. The problem is i'd like to use a Sketch of the castle.....not a photograph somone has taken. I'm having a hard time finding an image that suits my purpose......ideally i'd like it to be black and white but depending on the image color could work also. If anyone could help me find somthing i'd really appreciate it. Thanks!:goodvibes

I ordered our invitations and thank you notes yesterday!:cool1:they should be here in about a week maybe two.

I was wondering how soon you guys started recieving wedding gifts? I wasn't going to order our Invites until January but when we registered at Bed bath & Beyond they asked if they could ship gifts to us starting that day. So I went ahead and ordered the invites/thank you notes just in case somone sends a gift early. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter