Secret Green Club - whatever number thread

Brandi, that's the truth, I just came back from a week of vacation, spent about half of that in Orlando with my folks, including the Huey Lewis concert a week ago Saturday and the final day of SWW at Hollywood on Sunday. Then came home and spent a few days just me and my girls. It is hard to imagine it, but when I started posting on here we were planning our first trip to Disney in 2007 and my girls were 9 and 7 years old. Today they are 17 and 15! I kinda miss the little kids they were in the pics from that first trip, missing teeth and all.

Brandi, that's the truth, I just came back from a week of vacation, spent about half of that in Orlando with my folks, including the Huey Lewis concert a week ago Saturday and the final day of SWW at Hollywood on Sunday. Then came home and spent a few days just me and my girls. It is hard to imagine it, but when I started posting on here we were planning our first trip to Disney in 2007 and my girls were 9 and 7 years old. Today they are 17 and 15! I kinda miss the little kids they were in the pics from that first trip, missing teeth and all.

You know I have no idea how came to be on this thread, someone invited me from another thread I was on. I want to say it was T, but I am not positive. I know I used to wear my green mickey head proudly on my backpack, all over WDW. That had to be back in 2009 or 2010. My youngest is now 22, man time flies.

You know I have no idea how came to be on this thread, someone invited me from another thread I was on. I want to say it was T, but I am not positive. I know I used to wear my green mickey head proudly on my backpack, all over WDW. That had to be back in 2009 or 2010. My youngest is now 22, man time flies.
I'm pretty sure it was T that invited me on the secret green too, I had "met" her on an actual Disney theme park thread. I spent 3 days reading through the original thread pages, laughing hysterically at posts by Cynderella and DisUnc especially. Actually someone recently posted on FB one of the 2006 posts by DisUnc talking about his nephew's first swiping of the lime green Mickey heads, so funny.

I'm pretty sure it was T that invited me on the secret green too, I had "met" her on an actual Disney theme park thread. I spent 3 days reading through the original thread pages, laughing hysterically at posts by Cynderella and DisUnc especially. Actually someone recently posted on FB one of the 2006 posts by DisUnc talking about his nephew's first swiping of the lime green Mickey heads, so funny.
Yep, I saw that too.
We had some serious fun times but it seems everyone is just so darn busy these days!

Ok so since i'm super bored AND strangely curious myself, i just did the MOST convoluted search and found a post explaining this madness .. this "thread" started on May 2 2006 (or is that Feb 5th ... being a canuck i get confused), my 1st post to this crazy group ...July 24, 2006! I know that i hadn't been around long under this screen name since i had forgotten my original password. When we went in 1999 i stumbled across this wonderful resource and proudly displayed lime green ribbon (paint chips did NOT exist yet). The boards were still a new site but i used it to find amazing deals AND some great friends. I quickly became known as "slightly GIF crazy!" and eventually began doling out lime green prizes whenever someone reached some bizarrely created milestone (anyone remember what constituted a "milestone??) And just because we are still stumbling along i think we need a CAKE

Ok so since i'm super bored AND strangely curious myself, i just did the MOST convoluted search and found a post explaining this madness .. this "thread" started on May 2 2006 (or is that Feb 5th ... being a canuck i get confused), my 1st post to this crazy group ...July 24, 2006! I know that i hadn't been around long under this screen name since i had forgotten my original password. When we went in 1999 i stumbled across this wonderful resource and proudly displayed lime green ribbon (paint chips did NOT exist yet). The boards were still a new site but i used it to find amazing deals AND some great friends. I quickly became known as "slightly GIF crazy!" and eventually began doling out lime green prizes whenever someone reached some bizarrely created milestone (anyone remember what constituted a "milestone??) And just because we are still stumbling along i think we need a CAKE

I have no idea when I came onto the scene. But you guys have always made me feel welcome, I have always loved this group!

I have no idea when I came onto the scene. But you guys have always made me feel welcome, I have always loved this group!
I agree, this has definitely been a welcoming group and a wonderful group of people, both online and IRL. Jacqueline, I love that cake, it is GORGEOUS! And please do post more of the wedding pics, I love seeing them!

HATE the way DIS treats words and pictures .. never work out quite right! here's john & myself with the girls just after their 1st look, then a couple of shots letting you see what true love really looks like. AND what do you do when the forecast calls for rain but the sun shines brightly and you already bought some funky umbrellas? Use them and create an awesome album cover:P
arboretuem family.JPG married.JPG 1st dance.JPG album cover.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, Brandi! We go on our mini vacation tomorrow, come back Monday. Tomorrow's my birthday, so we're celebrating with family and disney!

HI everyone, John and I had a mini-break out west ... he had to work in Vancouver so i went with him for the 1st 5 days and we spent time on the island, went to Victoria etc. I'm actually just getting ready to cross the border to visit a certain limey

OH Happy birthday Kristi

HI everyone, John and I had a mini-break out west ... he had to work in Vancouver so i went with him for the 1st 5 days and we spent time on the island, went to Victoria etc. I'm actually just getting ready to cross the border to visit a certain limey

OH Happy birthday Kristi
Thanks, Jacqueline!

<sigh> i just realized what i was doing a year ago ... besides recovering from the worst bout of the flu i've ever been dealt... i was packing!!! Waah i wanna go back NOW!! Stupid exchange rate puts the likelihood of that happening between the-twelve-of-never and SERIOUSLY?? BUT Heather has promised a visit to the Disney store!!!

OH Happy birthday Kristi
Sounds like a lot of fun. I need to go there for a visit.

<sigh> i just realized what i was doing a year ago ... besides recovering from the worst bout of the flu i've ever been dealt... i was packing!!! Waah i wanna go back NOW!! Stupid exchange rate puts the likelihood of that happening between the-twelve-of-never and SERIOUSLY?? BUT Heather has promised a visit to the Disney store!!!
I get these memories on my facebook, about what was happening 1 year ago, 2 years ago, etc... Some times I am surprised it has been a certain length of time, and others I am like, "is that all?"

Time is flying bye for me.

Life is just too darn short.

Please come visit me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter