Security at toy story parking lot?

I'll be there starting tomorrow and always use TS. So if they're still using it and no one else reports back today, I'll report back with info tomorrow :)

Really intrigued and hoping they are still using this tomorrow so I can check it out!
That would be great. Thank you!

I'll be there starting tomorrow and always use TS. So if they're still using it and no one else reports back today, I'll report back with info tomorrow :)

Really intrigued and hoping they are still using this tomorrow so I can check it out!
Will you have your cat and the stroller with you? If so, please report on how the new bag check CMs do with her screening. TIA!

Will you have your cat and the stroller with you? If so, please report on how the new bag check CMs do with her screening. TIA!

Ugh, I wish I could do this. But she's not allowed on the buses even in her backpack carrier :(. I have to walk from TS when I have her with me. She is allowed on the tram, but I had such a horrific experience with that that I will never put her through that again. This reminds me I also need to do a cat specific kennel report at some point next time I kennel her :yay:

But now I'm curious about exiting with her to walk down Harbor. Will see if I can ask about this if it's not too busy (hah).

I'll see what I can get to add to the above amyg shared :D. Will check back in tomorrow... er, or I guess later today. So much for going to bed before midnight :confused3

Well, I have nothing to report because they weren't using the security at TS today. Or at least they weren't at noon-ish today when I finally rolled into the parks (I'm not good at early mornings...).

It is not that busy today. Barely any lines for entering the parks and I didn't wait in any line to get my ticket upgraded to an AP. So I'm guessing it's a "how the lines at security are doing on the Harbor side" thing. I'll keep an eye on it the next few days to see if they start using it again.

Side comment that's a little off topic, but... I'm getting double FPs due to MP. It still is letting me not just use but also book FPs for the tickets still in my phone plus now the Sig+ APs. I'm enjoying this double dipping :yay:
Someone else posted the same thing when she upgraded her ticket to an AP. Yay for pixie dust!
Will you be in the parks tomorrow? If so, we'll look for you and your panda!

Someone else posted the same thing when she upgraded her ticket to an AP. Yay for pixie dust!
Will you be in the parks tomorrow? If so, we'll look for you and your panda!

I'm tempted to "accidentally" have them scan the ticket if it's still on my app in the morning. You know. In the name of science and curiosity lol!

We will be! Here all week, drive home Saturday.

TS usually isn't bad, and lots of guests prefer to park there. But when you are used to parking at M&F and you get detoured to TS with no advance notice? That can be a very frustrating and time consuming experience!
I returned late for NYE and the primary entrance to the garages was blocked, but the reroute still took us there. Though we might be going through Toy Story.

As for the OPs question, the buses still take everyone to the bus loading area. Everyone coming from that side goes through the same security, including those walking in.

I returned late for NYE and the primary entrance to the garages was blocked, but the reroute still took us there. Though we might be going through Toy Story.

As for the OPs question, the buses still take everyone to the bus loading area. Everyone coming from that side goes through the same security, including those walking in.
Thank you!

So those who go through security at TS lot still go through more security at Harbor?

So those who go through security at TS lot still go through more security at Harbor?
That was what I saw, but they seem to be flexible about whether there’s screening at the lot or on the Harbor entrance.

I still haven't seen TS security up and running since I got here Monday even after reports of it operating over the weekend.

I did finally get a view of where the tents are when we parked near the back of Jessie today. Didn't get a huge chance to look more closely, but it seems only convenient for those parked in Woody and maybe Bullseye even. Jessie and Buzz look like quite a long walk to get to them from what I saw. Would love to see it open and operating because I want to know how they handle those two lots when the security at TS is in use.

Negative. Once screened at TS guests unload off the bus then walk along the southern most path way in the bus loading area and pre screened gusts are separated by walk up guests via a new fence. They walk right past the security tent and into the esplanade closest to the DCA side. No double security.

If TS security is NOT running, a large gate opens in that fence and TS guests are diverted to security lines with walk up guests just as it has always been.

TS Security has just been testing for only a few hours on select mornings...as of yesterday it is not operational 100% of the time so will be hit or miss for awhile as they work the kinks out ore demand warrants.

Word is that TS security will more of just a peak time thing that will be in place as needed and conditions warrant vs M&F where everyone is pre screened 100% of the time on the trams

Last edited:
So just so I understand.....

1- When TS screening is open it is a 'secure' area and people using it board separate buses. Then the 'screened' buses drop at a separated (by fence/gate) lane at the bus drop which has it's own entrance to the Esplanade. An 'unscreened' guest has no chance/ability to slip into that line.

2- A post above seems to indicate that people parking in TS can choose to use the screening area or board 'unscreened' buses and be screened at the entrance to the Esplanade in the usual way.

Do I have this right?

1- When TS screening is open it is a 'secure' area and people using it board separate buses. Then the 'screened' buses drop at a separated (by fence/gate) lane at the bus drop which has it's own entrance to the Esplanade. An 'unscreened' guest has no chance/ability to slip into that line.

2- A post above seems to indicate that people parking in TS can choose to use the screening area or board 'unscreened' buses and be screened at the entrance to the Esplanade in the usual way.

Do I have this right?
My understanding is that #1 is correct, but #2 is not - it’s either open or closed.

I haven’t used it yet, but a friend parked at TS last week and said security in the lot was not available, so it worked like it always has for her. Her impression based on how the area was set up was that it’s open in-lot and you use it, or it’s closed and you don’t. Since the busses would let off into a secure area, I don’t see how they could allow guests not to screen in the lot? Seems like a logistical issue to have different busses for screened vs unscreened guests?

My understanding is that #1 is correct, but #2 is not - it’s either open or closed.

I haven’t used it yet, but a friend parked at TS last week and said security in the lot was not available, so it worked like it always has for her. Her impression based on how the area was set up was that it’s open in-lot and you use it, or it’s closed and you don’t. Since the busses would let off into a secure area, I don’t see how they could allow guests not to screen in the lot? Seems like a logistical issue to have different busses for screened vs unscreened guests?
I'm going to the park tomorrow afternoon and will park at TS. So I'll report back if it is open. I'm hoping it is, I feel like tomorrow will be busy with people getting unblocked.

Do I have this right?

There are no separate buses. If TS security is open, you have to go though TS screening to get on the bus then you are dropped in a secure area bypassing Harbor security and walkup guests. If TS security is NOT open you just get on the bus and are then screened at Harbor side as usual.

There is not a choice on what bus you get on and pre-screened guests that went through TS checkpoint are fenced off from unscreened walkup guests in the bus turnaround area.

Last edited:
Is it still possible to walk into the TS lot (like someone staying at a nearby hotel on Harbor) and take the bus to the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter