Segway Tour ?

Momof2

Mouseketeer
Hi,

DH & DS will be doing the Segway tour next week. We're staying at the Boardwalk so they are hoping to enter through World Showcase to get to Guest Relations at 8:15. Has anyone done this tour while staying at a Boardwalk Hotel - will it be possible to walk right through before the park is officially opened? Also, where does this tour "end"? DD and I want to be able to meet up with them and spend the rest of the morning together? Any chance we could see them on their tour to take pix of them? Thanks for any info.

We are doing this in December, so I am interested in an answer also. We are also at Boardwalk. I was told that since we need to be at Guest Relations near the front of the park and since we have a car we should drive (don't want to start with that long walk). We have stayed at Boardwalk in the past and had early morning PS at the Princess Breakfast in Norway and they checked our name on a list and let us in from the International Entrance. I am assuming that the Segway Tour will work the same.

We stayed at the Boardwalk last year and while the International Gateway is great once the park opens, they would not let us in until official opening time. You may have to take a bus (assuming you don't have a car) and go to the front gate to get in early for your tour. Call guest relations and see what they say or maybe someone else has been able to talk their way in but the gateway was closed and the CM's were very strict about no entery until official opening. We tried to walk trough the IG to get to the monorail so we could go to MK and we were told we had to wait until 9:00. (We decieded to go back and take the bus which takes you right to the front of MK entrance). After 9:00 they let you walk through the World Showcase although everything is closed back there until 11:00 or the official opening time of the WS, but you could get to front for the attractions and fast passes in Future World. For the record it takes about the same time to walk to either Test Track or Mission Space from the International Gateway or the front gate. The international Gateway is normally empty and easy to use while the main gate of EPCOT is usually crowed at opening time. You will love the walk to the Gateway from the Boardwalk especially if you stopped for a fresh baked item at the Boardwalk Bakery and a refill mug of coffee. And then the walk through WS in the morning is so peaceful, what a great way to go into EPCOT.

They did let all of us whose names were on the lists for PS breakfasts, but our names had to be on the list. They will not let people in who just want to walk through.

We did the segway tour in June. WE also stayed at the BWV and had no problem getting into the park to get to guest realtions on time throught International Gateway. In fact we never have had a problem getting in before 9. You may bring a camera with you and they have a place on the Segways for you to store it. During your ride in the WS there is an area that is coned off for you to be able to ride at your own will. At this point any of the Cm's tha t come with you will gladly take your picture with your camera. We had both a still and moving.

Also on your way back you will return to Innovenations from where you started. You will go in the door(the same door that you go out from)(next to where visiting bands or coral groups preform) that faces Imagination and if you have someone with you to take picture they will be able to get some of you there riding.

If you have any more questions I will be glad to answer them for you. tell them they are going to love it.

I can't help you with the "can we get in via the WS for our tour" question. DH and I took the tour in July and came in thru the front gate. There was a sign at one of the turnstiles that said "Princess Breakfast" or something similar. It was the turnstile far to the right (I'm not sure it's always that one). We went there and told them we were arriving for the Segway tour. The CM had a computer printout of attendees for both the breakfast and the Segway tour.
Also, where does this tour "end"? DD and I want to be able to meet up with them and spend the rest of the morning together? Any chance we could see them on their tour to take pix of them? Thanks for any info.
The tour group meets in Guest Relations, but then goes to a practice room in the same building as the Fountain View bakery (I think that's the name of it; I don't have maps right here by me). You spend about an hour practicing there before venturing out into WS. After making loop of WS (which takes most of the second hour of the class), you end up back at the same practice room where you started. WS isn't open at that time, so the only way you could see them on tour would be to just sit someplace in the UK, Canada or the path back to the prractice room waiting for them to come thru.

In August we took the Segway tour. We were not even allowed into the main parking lot until 8 am. We did get a great parking place, however. We walked to the gate and since the Segway list was late arriving, we were held at the gate until the CM had approval to let us enter the park. This was at the far right in the line with all the folks going to the Princess Breakfast. For Boardwalk people, I would check with the front desk and see if they can drive you over to the main entrance.

The tour starts and ends at Segway Central, in the same building with Fountainview Bakery. You will spend about an hour building up your "Segway skills," and then another hour traveling about World Showcase. The CMS took pictures of everyone on their Segway in Italy with Spaceship Earth in the background. Our pic turned out great. I still have to work on how to add it to these posts.

I wasn't sure I would like this backstage tour, worried about learning how to use the Segway--well it took about 2 or 3 minutes to get the hang of it. And DH -- well let's just say he's wanted to use one since he first saw them and is still raving about the tour.

Have fun!

Glad you all posted. My bf is looking foward to this immensly. I'm nervous, though.. but I'm sure it'll be easy to get the hang of :)

I really do not know. When I booked mine is was basically when they were first starting this. Now they have added a second one in the morning, so I guess it has become a popular tour.

If you want to do this , I would suggest you make it as soon as possible. You can always cancel with a certain time frame.

I have done the Segway tour twice! Yes, it is that good!
In March, we stayed at the BW and had absolutely no problem going through the IG with a tour confirmation number.
In June, we were at the Contemporary, where we took the monorail to the front gate at Epcot. We did have a moment of panic trying to find our way through the mob who thought we were cutting line! I don't know why the sign didn't say "Segway", it just said "Princess Breakfast". Thank heaven we put 2+2 together & checked in there!
The Segway tour goes clock-wise around WS, starting at Mexico & ending at the bridge that goes from France to the UK. You could meet your group at the rope where they enter the UK, to take action shots. Then the tour goes slowly, single file through the people waiting for WS to open, back to Segway headquarters at Innoventions. Be prepared for people to video you, take pics of you and stare! Be sure to get any discounts that you are eligible for. AP, AAA, Disney Visa, etc. Call 407-WDW-TOUR for more info.
Enjoy!:wave2:

DS(16) and I just did the Segway tour this week. One of the best things we have done at Disney!! Definitely a "lets do it again" moment. We drove to Epcot, but people did enter from the IG without a problem. The first time you get on the Segway, its a little strange, but the second time you get on its amazingly easy. Have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter