Selling DVC - Comparison of Title Companies

When we sold, magicvacationtitle.com has an online notary service that provided everything from notary to witnesses. It was a $150 service that we declined as we knew we were able to get notary services at our local bank.
Considering all the negative things I hear about them, that might be the ONLY service they offer that doesn't take forever.

We recently sold several of our contracts. Here's some of the main differences between the Title companies that stood out to us:

Magic Vacation
- Required 5 pages to be notarized for each contract. Most notaries were charging $15 per signature, so at 2 signatures per page, that adds up to $150 in notary fees per contract. This resulted in several hours waiting on notaries to sign our contracts. And the costs add up quickly.
- Required 2 witness signatures for each contract. Arranging for this was not easy and resulted in a few delays.
- Required us to send them copies of our photo IDs.

First American
- Required 3 pages to be notarized for each contract.
- Did not require any witness signatures.
- Did not require copies of our photo IDs.

Don't know why the Title companies have different requirements. Not looking to bash anyone, but just sharing our recent experience.

Magic Vacation Title is terrible. Anyone who tells you otherwise either had a one-off lucky experience or is affiliated with the site sponsor. The site sponsor owns https://magicvacationtitle.com/ through a non-arms length relationship.

If you go the closing time thread you can see the data for itself.

Last edited:
The UPS Store is, hands-down, the absolute best place to get docs notarized. There are literally thousands of them, you don't need to make a reservation (just call to make sure the notary is working/not at lunch), they don't charge for witnesses, and if a witness IS required, as long as there's another employee working when you're there, they will act as a witness. Keep in mind too, that Florida allows the notary to also serve as a witness, so you only need one extra person on a Florida deed (regardless of where you are getting your docs notarized)..
UPS Store has been my go to for a few years as my bank will not notarize at any of their branches.
However I needed 2 witnesses for a document a few weeks ago and UPS store said they had a new policy to not provide witnesses even when they had the employees there, which they did. They had done witnesses for me years ago. Even with many UPS stores offering the service it still can be a struggle in places.

DVC Title and Escrow provides a free online notary service for their contracts. We just sold a contract with them as the Title Company, and it was super easy.

yeah we just offered on a contract with fidelity and it was accepted, my first request was NOT magic vacation title!! never again.

UPS Store has been my go to for a few years as my bank will not notarize at any of their branches.
However I needed 2 witnesses for a document a few weeks ago and UPS store said they had a new policy to not provide witnesses even when they had the employees there, which they did. They had done witnesses for me years ago. Even with many UPS stores offering the service it still can be a struggle in places.
I just went to my local store to get my latest Aulani docs notarized. Called them at 11:45 am and asked when I could stop by and was told anytime between then and when they close. I mentioned I needed a witness, and they said "no problem, we have plenty of people on today". 15 minutes and $50 later and I was out the door and off to the FedEx location to drop off my docs. They did charge a fee for the witness (only needed one as the notary can also serve as a witness in California and Florida). Here is the breakout:

IMG_8254.jpeg

Looks like the witness fee is pre-programmed into their POS, so it's definitely an "official" service, at least at my location.

I just went to my local store to get my latest Aulani docs notarized. Called them at 11:45 am and asked when I could stop by and was told anytime between then and when they close. I mentioned I needed a witness, and they said "no problem, we have plenty of people on today". 15 minutes and $50 later and I was out the door and off to the FedEx location to drop off my docs. They did charge a fee for the witness (only needed one as the notary can also serve as a witness in California and Florida). Here is the breakout:

View attachment 784118

Looks like the witness fee is pre-programmed into their POS, so it's definitely an "official" service, at least at my location.

It has to be based on locations as my local UPS, also doesn't provide the witness. However, my credit union does it so we just use them, and they do pull someone else to be the witness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter