September '20 WISH Challenge - New Beginnings

View attachment 527465

Is it starting to feel like fall where you live? Cooler weather, trees starting to turn? In Pennsylvania fall means apples-I‘m going to drive out to one of our orchards tomorrow and pick up some honey crisps for eating and a bag of mixed seconds for applesauce. Do you have a healthy apple or pumpkin recipe you make this time of year? Or an item in stores that’s only available in the fall? I see Sabra has a pumpkin hummus I thought I might try. If you have a favorite, please share.

I’ll share two easy ones. I make applesauce in a crockpot-peel, core and slice about a dozen apples-a mix of sweet and tart. Add a splash of apple cider and cook on low about 4-5 hours. I use my potato masher to smush them up, but keeping it chunky. Serve warm with a half teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (7 calories).

Pumpkin Spread (67 calories per 1/4 cup or 2 points on WW)

Mix together:
4 oz light cream cheese
1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Can be chilled or serve immediately. I dip apple slices in it or graham crackers.
Yum, I'm going to have to give this a try... I"m almost out of my Pumpkin Butter.

Hello all,

I really enjoyed all of your Motivation Monday quotes :)

I am really having difficulty chatting with you all consistently :( I think it is just part of me struggling in all areas at the moment - and maybe avoiding some accountability - I am so up and down with eating at the moment and I don't like that I am having difficulty reigning it in. Knowing better and doing better is just hard some days :(

My sleep was disrupted Friday and Saturday nights - don't know why but found my self up for several hours in the early early morning. Then on Sunday night when I was sleeping better DD came in around 3.30am and then starting vomiting at 4am and she was up and down vomiting until lunch time :(

I know I am a negative nelly today :( fingers crossed for a better sleep tonight and outlook on it all tomorrow :)
September has been a very challenging month! It's good to see you pop in, hopefully it helps you as well.

I do love autumn. Sweater weather, I have been wanting to knit something... do I dare?

I did 4 of my 5 different things yesterday: I forgot to eat at the table, I was just having a sandwich so wasn't really thinking about it being a "meal". Today might be the last day for yard work, as we've got five days of rain forecast, so I'll be sure and get out and do something. Ah, rain, now that is a PNW autumn essencial.

This is apple country but I've never made my own applesauce, if I had a better (larger) kitchen I might give it a try but as it is it's just not pleasurable to do a lot of cooking. At least that's my excuse. On my country driving route there's a farm called Remminger's that I stop at now and then. They have a store with all kind of food products and are known for their pies. They also have u-pick pumpkins fields, and I wasn't thinking I'd stop in until I'm ready to get a few pumpkins but a nice apple pie does sound appealing. Hmmm....

Attachments

• 1600785189242.png
    1600785189242.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 2

That's a good thought about the MSG. I checked and they say they don't use it, and I couldn't find anything in the ingredient list that was on my known "don't" list, so it is still a mystery.

I get sick when ever I eat salad that came from a bag. If I cut everything up myself I am good. I don't know what they put on it to preserve it but what ever it is my body does not like it. It drives me nuts as I can't eat salads at most restaurants and have to find something else that is healthy.

Hello all,

I really enjoyed all of your Motivation Monday quotes :)

I am really having difficulty chatting with you all consistently :( I think it is just part of me struggling in all areas at the moment - and maybe avoiding some accountability - I am so up and down with eating at the moment and I don't like that I am having difficulty reigning it in. Knowing better and doing better is just hard some days :(

My sleep was disrupted Friday and Saturday nights - don't know why but found my self up for several hours in the early early morning. Then on Sunday night when I was sleeping better DD came in around 3.30am and then starting vomiting at 4am and she was up and down vomiting until lunch time :(

I know I am a negative nelly today :( fingers crossed for a better sleep tonight and outlook on it all tomorrow :)
:hug:

I'm with you at the moment. The only reason I'm not gaining weight is because I don't have time to eat at school. I guzzle a protein shake during my mask break while the kids are in specials, and I sit in my car at lunch time, taking another mask break while shoving a banana down my throat. I am NOT being accountable at all except for admitting that I'm not trying right now. I just can't do it.

Like you though, I come here when I can. You are all my lifeline right now. As long as you pop in once in a while and soak up the positivity and motivation, you're good. Take care.

:hug: Both of you hang in there. I was really bad back in the spring and towards the end of August. It will get better.

I do love autumn. Sweater weather, I have been wanting to knit something... do I dare?

View attachment 527512

I did 4 of my 5 different things yesterday: I forgot to eat at the table, I was just having a sandwich so wasn't really thinking about it being a "meal". Today might be the last day for yard work, as we've got five days of rain forecast, so I'll be sure and get out and do something. Ah, rain, now that is a PNW autumn essencial.

This is apple country but I've never made my own applesauce, if I had a better (larger) kitchen I might give it a try but as it is it's just not pleasurable to do a lot of cooking. At least that's my excuse. On my country driving route there's a farm called Remminger's that I stop at now and then. They have a store with all kind of food products and are known for their pies. They also have u-pick pumpkins fields, and I wasn't thinking I'd stop in until I'm ready to get a few pumpkins but a nice apple pie does sound appealing. Hmmm....
OMG. You absolutely must knit that cat outfit!

Thanks everyone for the undying support.

Today my almost ex-para called out again with more lies. I didn't even miss her. It was actually a relief not to have her there bellyaching and complaining about everything.

One of the things missing from the last time she was in school was very upsetting for me. Back in 2002 while on vacation in Cape Cod, I bought wooden letters spelling out my daughter's name and my last name. These letters were hand painted in different patterns, and were very unique. Hers are still in our old playroom spelling out her first and middle name. Mine have been hanging up outside my classroom door in every school I have ever taught at for the last 18 years...until I came into school yesterday. The letter "F" was missing. I was upset and took the rest of the letters off of the wall so that none others would disappear. I had a really hard time pulling the other letters off of the wall. Whoever pulled the letter off had to be strong and tall because they were placed high so that children couldn't grab them. I'm 99% sure that my para took it down to be spiteful. (I think I mentioned yesterday that she screwed up my MacBook and cracked the plexiglass on my desk. Other things are missing.) All this ridiculous behavior because I'm moving to kindergarten (she was given the option to join me) and me being out on Friday for a professional training day.

Anyway...back to the letter....yesterday I started searching the web to see if I could replace the missing letter. The letters are no longer being made, but there's a little shop in Maine called "Treehouse Toys" that had some left. I ordered it, and it will be here in 3 days. I'm so happy to have found the replacement.

My name written in those silly wooden letters will be over my door until my retirement.

Period.

Thanks everyone for the undying support.

Today my almost ex-para called out again with more lies. I didn't even miss her. It was actually a relief not to have her there bellyaching and complaining about everything.

One of the things missing from the last time she was in school was very upsetting for me. Back in 2002 while on vacation in Cape Cod, I bought wooden letters spelling out my daughter's name and my last name. These letters were hand painted in different patterns, and were very unique. Hers are still in our old playroom spelling out her first and middle name. Mine have been hanging up outside my classroom door in every school I have ever taught at for the last 18 years...until I came into school yesterday. The letter "F" was missing. I was upset and took the rest of the letters off of the wall so that none others would disappear. I had a really hard time pulling the other letters off of the wall. Whoever pulled the letter off had to be strong and tall because they were placed high so that children couldn't grab them. I'm 99% sure that my para took it down to be spiteful. (I think I mentioned yesterday that she screwed up my MacBook and cracked the plexiglass on my desk. Other things are missing.) All this ridiculous behavior because I'm moving to kindergarten (she was given the option to join me) and me being out on Friday for a professional training day.

Anyway...back to the letter....yesterday I started searching the web to see if I could replace the missing letter. The letters are no longer being made, but there's a little shop in Maine called "Treehouse Toys" that had some left. I ordered it, and it will be here in 3 days. I'm so happy to have found the replacement.

My name written in those silly wooden letters will be over my door until my retirement.

Period.
How stressful for you-as if you don’t have enough to worry about. I’m so glad you could replace your letter. And I bet you’re counting the days until you are in your new position.

Hugs to everyone!!! :hug:

I really want popcorn right now. But I am going to bed in 10 minutes so that will not be happening! :rotfl:

The soup was good (hard to mess up something without a recipe!), DS2's girlfriend came as planned for dinner, and then I had to dash to my room for a zoom meeting. It was long and I was "volunteered" to do something. Guess I'll work on that tomorrow. Kinda bummed about the meeting timing because we're watching Frozen 2 and I missed out tonight! Last night DS2 called in the middle of it so I missed out then, too! We only watch 30 minutes each night. Maybe if the twins play at the neighbor's tomorrow before dinner I can sneak back to see what I missed. I have seen it once before but it was a long time ago. I miss being an empty nest and just watching what I want as long as I want!

Woohoo - my husband planned a getaway for us this weekend.
Woohoo - I’m surviving at school and keeping up with the planning.
Woohoo - I’m still getting my workouts in each morning.
Woohoo - my daughter and husband have taken charge of dinners for the last two weeks (although they arent as healthy as I like...so the weight loss isn’t really happening. But I’m mostly maintaining, which I’ll take during this stressful time!)

(I think I mentioned yesterday that she screwed up my MacBook and cracked the plexiglass on my desk. Other things are missing.)
OMG! I missed some stuff I think. I am so sorry you’re having to deal with such childish behavior. These times are stressful enough for teachers. It’s sad to see someone go out of their way to make it worse.
It was long and I was "volunteered" to do something.
Ha! We call that being “voluntold” to do something. Gotta love it!

We call that being “voluntold” to do something.
We use that term “voluntold” in our district too ;)

Guess who called out sick for the 3rd day in a row?

Honestly I'm better off without her there. At least she can't lie to my face.

Have a great day everyone! I intend to do so.
Glad you are seeing the positive in all this! Enjoy your day!

View attachment 527465

Is it starting to feel like fall where you live? Cooler weather, trees starting to turn? In Pennsylvania fall means apples-I‘m going to drive out to one of our orchards tomorrow and pick up some honey crisps for eating and a bag of mixed seconds for applesauce. Do you have a healthy apple or pumpkin recipe you make this time of year? Or an item in stores that’s only available in the fall? I see Sabra has a pumpkin hummus I thought I might try. If you have a favorite, please share.

I’ll share two easy ones. I make applesauce in a crockpot-peel, core and slice about a dozen apples-a mix of sweet and tart. Add a splash of apple cider and cook on low about 4-5 hours. I use my potato masher to smush them up, but keeping it chunky. Serve warm with a half teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (7 calories).

Pumpkin Spread (67 calories per 1/4 cup or 2 points on WW)

Mix together:
4 oz light cream cheese
1/4 cup plain non fat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 T brown sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Can be chilled or serve immediately. I dip apple slices in it or graham crackers.
Sorry I missed posting yesterday. I was going to try to be kind a new recipe to share, but the day was busy (as most are with hybrid teaching). But I wanted to share that I agree with you that fall means apples! So many people jump to pumpkin everything that I feel we pass over apple season! And until I read you post yesterday, I forgot that one of my favorite snacks of apples and peanut butter (or sometimes I substitute almond butter). Yum!!!

I also love apple crisp, but there’s not much healthy about that! A bunch of apples with butter, sugar and cinnamon. But, yum!

And my neighbor makes a similar pumpkin dip, but I think she used a lite whipped cream instead of cream cheese. What I like about it is that I can have just one or two Nilla wafers and dip, then walk away from the dip. Instead of eating a whole slice of pumpkin pie (which is my absolute favorite!).

Woohoo... I got a new kind of litter box. It's about 18 inches deep and the entrance is thru the lid on top. Been wanting to try this style for a while but thought the older cats might not take to it - the kittens love it and so do I, litter isn't getting sprinkled around and it kind of keeps the smell in. And yah, poop is about the only thing I have to woohoo about so far this week.

I thought I did a good job of disengaging and resting over the weekend but felt tired, crabby and generally crappy Mon/Tues. This morning I am congested and feeling like I actually have a cold. Don't know how that could have happened with all the covid protocols, but somehow some germ seems to have found me. Dang it. At least it isn't something worst.

Already thinking about the weekend, the rain is supposed to continue into next week so I think doing something snuggly is in the cards. This is the time of year where I really wish I had a fireplace... and someone to cuddle with.

Sorry about the congestion @Oneanne. Could it be an allergy to leaf mold? - that’s what gets DH this time of year.

My WooHoo today is a smooth school day with the twins. Even the handoff to Grandma went well. Plus, we had virtual gym class, so I’ve already exercised!
We've just started to have rain, so its bit early for leaf mold, but that would make more sense than a cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter