**September 2019**

We have stayed offsite as much as onsite. It is still a fun trip! If you have a small party it might be cheaper to uber back/forth to your hotel than pay for parking. Plus it's quicker!
I stayed offsite my first 2 trips "back" to Disney - this trip is mostly to see Illuminations one last time so wanted to do it the cheapest way - and we rarely go to DS so I figure at night we can take the DS bus from the park and then walk thru back to the hotel. We are flying so no worries about parking - may even Uber to parks in AM if buses aren't running quickly enough.

Same here with my wife... We are at 25 days out and I keep looking at everything and thinking of changing stuff... she is like, stop changing stuff and lets just go with it lol

LOL I just did this last night! Changed a few of our reservations that I had gotten up early to get! My fiance's eyes were starting to glaze over when I was telling him about all the changes I made and why I made it. All he said was, "sounds fun." :rotfl2:

Just booked a couple of weeks ago...
Aug 31-Sept 1 - CB
Sept 1-Sept 7 WL

I've never booked this close to the trip before! I feel like I'm missing out of part of the fun not being able to be on a Happy Dance thread and plan with you all!!! And it's so close to the trip, I feel like ADRs and FP planning is half out the window anyway! But we've never been at this time of year before, and we haven't been in a long time, so a LOT has changed so there will be some things that are familiar but plenty that will be new to us!

My first post here in this thread.

My wife and I are taking our two sons (4 and 20 months) on our first trip as just the 4 of us. Our oldest has been three times. Once for a one day, and two other times with each side of the family for a week each.

We are staying 7 nights 9/21-9/28 at PO Riverside. Got the free dining package back in the spring. Absolutely cannot wait. My wife and i have talked about taking this kind of trip with kids back when we were just dating college.

We have ADRs for Chef Mickeys (Brunch) , Ohana (Breakfast), Tuskers (late breakfast turned to lunch), Storybook Dining (dinner), Garden Grill (lunch) and Crystal Palace (lunch)

You are going to have such a great time! Definitely grabbed some amazing reservations. Ohana and Storybook Dining are two of my favorite. Such wonderful interactions at both. The Evil Queen was incredible! And stitch had my whole family smiling from ear to ear!!

20 days out for us! Still been able to keep the secret from my DD! Changed our plans (yet again) last night! Decided to do The Spirit of Aloha show one night instead of Storybook dining. Me and my fiance did Storybook on our last trip and loved it, but we decided to try something new.
I also bought our Halloween shirts for the MNSSHP and new ears for DD and I!! We're going as Oogie Boogie (DH), zero (me) and Sally (DD). I found her a cute light weight Sally dress to wear. I also ordered a forky tank top for DD!

I usually start throwing things in a tub as soon as I book to prepare for packing. I haven't even started and it's driving me crazy! DD is at her Dad's this weekend so I may start getting things together, then hide the suitcases downstairs.

Just thinking about it, I'm sad that we all won't be in the same thread eventually! I look forward to chatting with you guys everyday. I know we still got a month of good feels together but DANG. It's coming up fast.
We will just have to have a post September trip thread.

Just means we have to plan a September 2020 trip.
These are the shirts I have had made for my trip in 12 days. Forky is my dd's :oops:

Attachments

• 93CF60DA-87E9-4FED-B3B3-5A8DE7181AEF.jpeg
    93CF60DA-87E9-4FED-B3B3-5A8DE7181AEF.jpeg
    42.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2EDFBF41-5CFC-4447-BA92-DACCEED62B4F.jpeg
    2EDFBF41-5CFC-4447-BA92-DACCEED62B4F.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 19
Hey everyone in the September Group!!!!! I booked a last minute work trip and can't go near Orlando and not do something Disney. My wife and I will be there Aug 30-Sep 1. We are staying offsite this time and it will be our first time together at the parks with no kids! We are super excited. Sorry I'm late to the thread, but I wish everyone an awesome trip. (posting in both months :) )

Playing the waiting game with Southwest paid off! We held off buying flights assuming we'd just drive down and then last night Southwest posted some seriously discounted flights on our travel dates!
Thanks so much for posting this!!! I usually check to see if our flight cost went down and hadn't in awhile. I did today because of your post and was able to get a credit of $114 for each person to use on a future flight!

Thanks so much for posting this!!! I usually check to see if our flight cost went down and hadn't in awhile. I did today because of your post and was able to get a credit of $114 for each person to use on a future flight!
That's great!

So glad to hear my discovery has helped others as well!

It's getting real friends! All of our trips are actually going to happen. I'm longingly looking at airplanes on my drive to/from work. 8 more days and I'll be that person on an airplane headed to WDW! Best start to September ever! I hope everyone has an amazing time :jumping1:.

Playing the waiting game with Southwest paid off! We held off buying flights assuming we'd just drive down and then last night Southwest posted some seriously discounted flights on our travel dates!

Checked our flights. Trip down is now $277, back up is $147. OUCH.

Ok so for anyone who would like to share their choice I have a possible dilemma; we are only in for 3 days and we know we want two of them to be at Epcot since this is a farewell illuminations trip after all, but we cant decide what our middle day should be.
Do we do HS or AK. Now we dont care at all about SWGE, and will be doing a full day no hopper, and are offsite so FP arent a big factor. We are two adults no kids involved The overall consensus is to do AK since we could do AKL midday easily, bigger park, more last min FP options (given new tiers at HS ) but I want to be sure I am not missing any considerations. Any input would be welcome!

Ok so for anyone who would like to share their choice I have a possible dilemma; we are only in for 3 days and we know we want two of them to be at Epcot since this is a farewell illuminations trip after all, but we cant decide what our middle day should be.
Do we do HS or AK. Now we dont care at all about SWGE, and will be doing a full day no hopper, and are offsite so FP arent a big factor. We are two adults no kids involved The overall consensus is to do AK since we could do AKL midday easily, bigger park, more last min FP options (given new tiers at HS ) but I want to be sure I am not missing any considerations. Any input would be welcome!
Not a bad plan! We are sort of in the same boat. However on our trip, we will only have time for a park 2 days and I let my wife pick, she chose MK & AK. The AK choice was surprising at first; but the more I built our plan, of course I became more excited for what I love about AK. We booked last minute (within the past 2 weeks) and I was able to get every FP I wanted, except of course FOP. Happily, on our AK day, we can get in at 7am, so we will just go to FOP and wait (if a line forms). I'm only typing all this to say I agree with you and think it's a great plan!

On another note related to Illuminations, it might be too late, but you may consider a cruise during the show one night.

Look forward to knowing what you eventually decide.

Not a bad plan! We are sort of in the same boat. However on our trip, we will only have time for a park 2 days and I let my wife pick, she chose MK & AK. The AK choice was surprising at first; but the more I built our plan, of course I became more excited for what I love about AK. We booked last minute (within the past 2 weeks) and I was able to get every FP I wanted, except of course FOP. Happily, on our AK day, we can get in at 7am, so we will just go to FOP and wait (if a line forms). I'm only typing all this to say I agree with you and think it's a great plan!

On another note related to Illuminations, it might be too late, but you may consider a cruise during the show one night.

Look forward to knowing what you eventually decide.
I booked 3 days ago and we go in 3 weeks! Never booked so last minute or gone for so short so everything is different. I also really wanted to do the animation class at RPW since normally we stay at Pop and walk to AoA for them but wont this trip.
I still have to buy tickets and then I can set FP.
So excited!!

7 days away. Arriving Aug 31st staying until Sept 8th. ( think it qualifies for Sept) BLT for 3 days than BWV for the rest. Still not sure about SWGE only 1 day planned for HS. If we can get in ok. its going to be there for a long time (Ago IAGF,FA...)
Que the music

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter