September 2022 discounts ?

Joining in on the wait. We are going towards the end of August and hoping for a discount at the Contemporary but not expecting one.

Currently paying rack rate at Beach Club, for early Sept. :crazy2: Crossing my fingers hard for a discount here (and kicking myself for not renting points earlier).

Following, I have early September and late October booked. Could really use a discount this time around.

when should discounts be released normally for sept?

I don't know that there's a hardfast pattern, but looking at MouseSavers, it looks like last year they did a ticket promotion (that included September) on 01.05, and then did a room only discount (including to Sept 29) on 05.03.21 (general public) . In 202, the room only rate ( for the public) was in 01.06.20. They also did a "magic is here package discount" on 09.01.20 for dates STARTING in September ( not much room for planning on that one) . Before that, it looks like July they had discounts for Disney Visa cardholders and then Gen Public in July.. each year seems all over the map. I subscribed to mousesavers ( I hope it's okay to put that here) so I could at least get the newsletter for any discounts. I just keep looking every day out on the Disney site. it still hasn't changed though, it's only dates through July 7.

How successful have you guys been with booking a room prior to a discount being released, and then having them apply it retroactively?

How successful have you guys been with booking a room prior to a discount being released, and then having them apply it retroactively?

We always have booked in advance, and the 3 times that we have gone ( over the last 10 years) we've gotten pin codes in the mail / email. I called right away, and they were able to apply it right to our package. So I don't pay our vacation in full until we absolutely have to, just in case we are lucky enough to have the package price adjusted. fingers crossed for more luck though !!!

I've always been successful at snagging a discount. Sometimes that means checking twice a day for a couple weeks...but I've always been lucky enough to get one.

However, it feels like this is a new bag of tricks and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about getting a discount this time.

I've always been successful at snagging a discount. Sometimes that means checking twice a day for a couple weeks...but I've always been lucky enough to get one.

However, it feels like this is a new bag of tricks and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about getting a discount this time.
OMG this is so me !!! I told my husband, trying to get a discount is like a part time job..... I go out every day and play around with vacations, or looking up dining , all in the hopes.... but I'm with you, I'm not feeling totally confident about a discount this time. At least in the past, you kind of knew some kind of package discount would come out.

Zero for two with me. The type of rooms we had booked did not qualify for a discount and we didn't want another room type or a different resort. It can be a darned if you do and darned if you don't situation. If you book the room you want in advance and others do the same in hopes of a future discount to apply (depending on the resort and number of rooms), Disney looks and sees those rooms are already selling well, so no need for a discount. If you wait and don't book, then sometimes the rooms sell out quickly and you chance not getting what you want. Or, you book and the discount is only for a different view or location so you have to pay more to save or get a less desirable room. I think the people who have the most success with getting a discount applied retroactively are booked at values or moderates, where there are so many rooms. Maybe this year it will be different because all the resorts will finally be open. Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter