September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

The DVC 25th Anniversary Aladdin will likely be handled like the Actors Fund benefit shows. Sometimes they do a Sunday night or Monday when the theatre would normally be dark. Tickets are not usually handled through Ticketmaster or Box office. You call in to the Actors Fund to get them. I Don't know if my nerves can take another day like the last day of calling in for the DVC cruise. I thought the 2013 Alaska cruise call in day was trying, but this was too much! We'll see what develops, I guess.

The Aladdin show sounds good but would have to be a matinee for me. I don't intend to stay overnight in NYC for this cruise. I'm too happy to be able to drive not to fly to a cruise port to spend extra money staying overnight. Just looking over the new additions to the Palo menu, the scallops dish looks great!

Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina
pekollie

Today we finished packing our candies for the upcoming Wonder cruise!

Anyone else interested?

Bobbi

If anyone else is coming in to NYC early & is interested in the Statue of Liberty, going to the pedestal or climbing the stairs to the crown, those tickets for September for the Statue of Liberty were released today.

Bobbiwoz, I've been agonizing over the Candy Exchange because it sounds like such fun but my travelmate is diabetic. I've never done either a Candy Exchange or the FE. I was all set to do an FE on the 2/7/16 Wonder cruise from San Juan to Miami but had to cancel because of the Zika virus. My DD is pregnant and we were going to stay in PR to visit with my other DD and her family who live there for 4 days beforehand. I sent my gifts (they contained the cruise dates) on to a DISer who was nice enough to distribute them for me. Now I have a beautiful FE (never been used) to hang for the Candy Exchange so I might as well jump in.

I can't tell you how very excited I am that I have this cruise to look forward to. It can't come fast enough.

Hope this picture works. As of approximately 9AM Eastern time today, here is our countdown! Whoop! Whoop!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 9
If anyone else is coming in to NYC early & is interested in the Statue of Liberty, going to the pedestal or climbing the stairs to the crown, those tickets for September for the Statue of Liberty were released today.

Thanks for this. We booked crown tix for Tues.
Looks like we're driving in the day before. Now all I need are Lion King tickets and place to sleep.

Bobbiwoz, I've been agonizing over the Candy Exchange because it sounds like such fun but my travelmate is diabetic. I've never done either a Candy Exchange or the FE. I was all set to do an FE on the 2/7/16 Wonder cruise from San Juan to Miami but had to cancel because of the Zika virus. My DD is pregnant and we were going to stay in PR to visit with my other DD and her family who live there for 4 days beforehand. I sent my gifts (they contained the cruise dates) on to a DISer who was nice enough to distribute them for me. Now I have a beautiful FE (never been used) to hang for the Candy Exchange so I might as well jump in.

:grouphug: To your family for having to cancel the other cruise. The Candy Exchange also would include snacks, and I know I would be happy to give your cabin something you both could enjoy, and I would give your information to others in your group. Our local candy manufacturer does make "sugar free" options, or would a local chip manufacturer be a better choice. Or, can you give suggestions?

HI Bobbiwoz = Yes, please put us down to participate. Thanks!

Yeah!

By the way, I am a retired math teacher/professor at various high schools and U of Cincinnati, Go Bearcats! How did you pick your Disboards name?

Last edited:
Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina
pekollie
Tinked
Mathmagicland

Yeah!

By the way, I am a retired math teacher/professor at various high schools and U of Cincinnati, Go Bearcats! How did you pick your Disboards name?
I love the Disney cartoon "Donald in Mathmagicland" - it is my all-time favorite that is not a feature length. I can't count how many times I've watched it. :love::donald: It is so fun & great in how it presents math to kids & people in ways they probably do not think of as being math. I also have several pieces of animation art from the cartoon.

I love the Disney cartoon "Donald in Mathmagicland" - it is my all-time favorite that is not a feature length. I can't count how many times I've watched it. :love::donald: It is so fun & great in how it presents math to kids & people in ways they probably do not think of as being math. I also have several pieces of animation art from the cartoon.

Nice!

Thanks Bobbiwoz. I don't think any adjustments would really be needed. I mentioned it to her and she is really excited. BTW, is there any news or rumors on what Disney has planned for this member cruise?

ok where is everybody?

I think we discussed this a while back but now that we're getting closer, has everyone decided where they're staying precruise?
we have not.

Patricia and I are at the Martiott in Times Square. She used her Martiott points for us.

Patricia and I met on last year's DVC cruise. She's coming from Oklahoma to Cape May to spend a few nights together before the NYC stay.

Who knows anything about buying tix to a NYC play the same day? I understand we may not get seats together but NY prices for things we looked at are crazy!

I've a WDW trip that's coming up, and it happens that Beautiful, the Carole King musical, traveling troupe is in Orlando when we're there and we got tickets!

As far as our 1 day in NYC, I am considering a Circle Line cruise around Manhattan. Lived in North Jersey growing up and never did that.

I have good memories of eating at Carmine's near Times Square. Anyone else interest in meeting there? In previous years, there's been a TTOTW meet, I will miss that! Maybe a lounge meet at the Marriott. I don't have to go out the night before.

ok where is everybody?

I think we discussed this a while back but now that we're getting closer, has everyone decided where they're staying precruise?
we have not.

Yep, Casa de Canetti. So nice sailing out of one's own home port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter