September 28, 2016, DVC Member Cruise on the Magic!

Welcome!:welcome:

Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina

Bumping this up! Anyone else interested?

Bobbi

hi Bobbiwoz - I am thinking about it, still new to this part of cruising. I think you said group sizes would be smaller?

I would keep the number under 12. We had 32 rooms on 2015's MC, there were 4 groups of 8. I do try to keep folks on the same decks together.

Bobbi

Well it looks like I spoke too soon about the snow last week. Whoa!!!

S. Jersey has 20"+. It's a winter wonderland outside.

Bobbi how are things in Cape May?? My parents have a condo in N. Wildwood which thankfully is not ground level. But the flooding is really bad in their area.

I saw even the Lobster House has flood damage. Been thinking about everyone who lives down there. So many without power right now which is the worst case scenario combined with flooding and ice cold weather conditions. The winds were incredibly strong at the shore.

JQ and Iron Man dug us out in 2 rounds - 1 yesterday during the storm to get a jump on the snow and finished up the remainder this morning. They are already on the road which isn't too bad. Nobody is out yet this early.
Iron Man was making good use of his Member Cruise ski cap from our Alaskan Cruise while shoveling. I'll have JQ post some pics.

How is everyone else making out??

I'm glad to hear that you're already dug out. Enjoy the sights, I'm sure there are some beautiful vistas!

Our good news is that we spoke to our Cape May neighbors today, and there's electricity and no damage on our street! We were certainly concerned, but are lucky. I've seen city flooding in Stone Harbor and other shore towns and hope the tides go back to normal soon.

When we drive to Cape May, we have to go through the western end of the PA Turnpike, and that was closed for hours. We've decided to leave for Ohio maybe tomorrow, maybe on Tuesday. We fly out of Philly on Saturday for the DCL cruise. We dodged a bullet.

How is everyone else?

Bobbi

Let us know how Cape May is doing.
That So. Caribbean cruise is fast approaching. I guess I didn't realize how close your sail date was.
Can't wait to hear all about it. What airline are you flying into San Juan on?

First and foremost, our house, my sister's and our cousin's home in Wildwood have all been spared from the bad storm! Winds are still pretty high and chilly!

We especially like non stop flights in winter, so we went with American because there one out of Philly to San Juan, so we went with that!

Bobbi

Bumping this up! Anyone else interested?

Bobbi
Hi All

Finally after the holidays and snow... started to think about the upcoming cruise! We will be joining you all on this awesome cruise. Would love to participate in both the FE and Candy exchange. Thanks!!

Candy Exchange interest
In May, I'll ask for cabin numbers, number of participants in each cabin and if there are any allergies. Looking forward to trying and sharing local treats! We usually include something about the history of what we are sharing.

Bobbiwoz
Pattipook
Alaneeray
poison ivy
DizDays
Missy1897
Jmedina
pekollie

We are also on the southern carves cruise using the DVC discount. Here's the Wonder in Port!
image.jpeg

We are in the San Juan airport!

Great Southern Caribbean cruise!

Looking forward to some chat here!

Wow. can't wait to hear all about it. What excursions did you do? How did you like the ports? How was San Juan?

We did river tubing in Granada, tea at an historic home that was the house on a rum plantation in Barbados, and snorkeling in St. Kitts. The days that we did not do an excursion, mostly I spent time at the pool. I like to do water exercises and also I spent time chatting with fellow cruisers. There were many DVC people on board. We had lots of nice conversations.

Bobbi

We discovered an interesting possible activity for the day before our cruise. If anyone has never been to Yankee Stadium, Tuesday September 27th is Yankees vs Red Sox! Warning! The rivalry is strong, and the crowd can get rowdy. But big fun! If you have Master Card, today is the first day for individual ticket sales⚾️.
Pitchers and Catchers Report to Yankee Soring Training tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter