September 30th, 2004 Wonder

Hi Jess!! I will be on my honeymoon as well. I have been to Disney World numerous times but this is my first ever cruise :Pinkbounc :bounce: (it is my soon to be husbands first cruise also.) Guess What. I am also from Pennsylvania. I live right outside of Philadelphia. I am 23 and my future hubby is 22. Are you guys going to Disney World also for the honeymoon or just the cruise?

~Michelle

prosephone,

Wait to your almost husband sees the Wonder compared to the Big Red.

If we're in port in Nassau, we tower over them so much they are you can look down their smoke stack.

My husband and I are originally from PA, too. My parents and G-parents now live about 70 from Erie. (outside Clarion) My husband grew up near Lewisburg, PA and I grew up on the NE side of Philly.

Pinocchio,

I think the girls would be fine around the ship. I plan to bring my two way radios but the boat seems to be safe. They won't let them off the ship without adults. (they would have to show room cards anyway.) Most of the time the kids like the club it's just that to swim or go to arcade they want want to leave.

As for notes, We could get DIS Lime green paper and leave little notes at each other doors. (They have a fish type clip outside cabin door where messages, etc can be placed.)

To answer, your door sign question, run a search on the boards and you'll see the stuff that pops up. The cabin doors are apparently metal so Magnets can be stuck to them. Especially since you have a large group, It would make it easier for the kids and adults to find each others rooms. People have gotten font's pretty much exactly like DCL's and you can download them.

I'll PM you our room number (I have to look it up at home.)

I haven't started packing yet but I have to start this weekend.
Still haven't got my docs though......

Hi all!

Congrats to Michelle and Jess :) We'll have to have a "we made it" cocktail along with "congratulations to the happy couples" cocktail :)

Goofy - Lime green notes sound good :) I will have to keep you guys posted on our room number - right now we are still at "GTY" on our room number since we had to reschedule our 9/3 sailing.

I am really starting to get excited!! I sure hope we can do CC!!
Cheers all,
Bridget

Michelle: Wow, I am excited! Someone our age also HMing. That is great! We are going to spend 7 days at the Polynesian after the cruise.

Goofyforlife: We tivoed the show on the Travel Chanel about the cruise line. He was in total awe after watching it, I can only imagine him seeing the real thing! I am driving down to Grove City on Wed, so I will be very close to your family. How funny is that?

Kalypso: Thanks for the congrats! I am so excited!!!!!!!

Prosephone - I am hoping all these HMers will encourage DBF to "POP" the inevitable question...but I'm not counting on it - LOL.

Brian likes to wait until you LEAST expect him to do something...and he knows I'd be suspicious on a romantic cruise:teeth:

I sure hope we have GOOD GOOD weather :sunny:

Got our cabin assignment - 6500.

We are the furthest cabin forward on Deck 6 - it's a handicapped access room - oddly enough, we did not request it so perhaps that assignment might change - it's supposed to be quite large.

So...if anyone is leaving notes as to where to meet? That's where we'll be :)
I'll let you know between now and sailing if it changes!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

I originally booked this cruise for me, my dh, and dd.

Our cabin so far is 7119.

I'm not sure but I think our cabin is only rated for three people.

However, I'm trying to help out my sis by taking care of her infant son that week and adding him to our ressie.

(Both my DS and my DBIL are in the Air Force. DBIL is overseas on 1 year tour. Ds has reserves that week. )

After contacting DCL, they have told me ship is booked and unless we change cabins he can't be added.

(But they did add that a category 2 suite was available)

LOL - Like I have that kind of money.

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Is there anyone on deck 7 or 6 with category 11 inside that is rated for four and only has 2 or 3 that would be willing to switch?

(If it were possible.)

Wish I could help Goofy, we are on Deck 6 but it is a cat 6.

On another note we just got a very substantial refund check from our travel agent saying that Disney prices have gone down. It was like getting 30% off of the original price of the cruise! We also got refunded for 30% of our week of park passes. Has anyone else experienced this?

:( We got nothing of the sort, Prosephone - and they downgraded my cabin from a 6 to an 8 when we rescheduled - when did they give you the refund??

Kalypso: What a bummer! We got our check about 2 weeks ago although our travel agent told up to expect a check about 2 months ago. We also booked the cruise in Sept of 03 perhaps that has something to do with it?

Prosephone,

Glad to hear about your "Windfall". ....

Think of it as an early wedding present from Disney......

Ah yes, Prosephone - that would definitely have something to do with it! We JUST booked ours about a month and a half ago...and I really can't complain a bit since the DCL rep was a total sweetheart when I called needing to change the 9/9 trip to the 9/30 trip. I'm now REALLY glad we did that...though I'm beginning to think the hurricanes are just never going to stop coming :(

:mad: NO HURRICANES ALLOWED!!!

I just cannot BELIEVE that it's now "Hurricane Jeanne"

Give us a BREAK already - man, I just want to NOT worry about this cruise!:sunny:

Bridget, don't lose hope. We still have a little time. Not much, but a little at least. Have you heard any updates on Castaway Cay? Has anyone gone there yet? Maybe we'll get diverted and have a "mystery" cruise. I love a good mystery. But I think I'd love Castaway Cay more...... :wizard:

Hi Janine! We will all just keep praying to the weather gods :):sunny:

I've heard that cruises are going to Castaway Cay starting from now on! So let's hope that Jeanne stays away from our little island and that on Saturday, October 2, we are all floating around the beaches :)

Goofy - did you resolve the room situation yet? I keep seeing that those room hold four - that's really odd....

Yeah let's hope I'm laying on a beach on October 2...:sunny:

(Since that's my birthday and all)....

but God does have a sense of humor. As long as there's no TD#12 we should be OK.

(knock on wood or my head at this point)

My room situ hasn't been resolved yet :(
(I did e-mail DCL yesterday...haven't heard anything yet.)

Please pixies......help
:goodvibes :angel: :goodvibes :angel:

Hey There--First time cruisers here. Me,hubby and four stow aways. I would like to meet some new people too. It sounds like alot of fun. Hope to see some of you on the boat.:earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter