Sergeant-at-Arms of the camping boards

The town I live in is a historic old village with a lot of Civil War history. The downtown is filled with quaint little shops I can't afford to shop in. One of them sells fancy soaps, and as a gimmick several years back they installed a little bubble machine outside the door to blow bubbles and draw attention. The politicians running the town, affectionately known as the heritage Nazis, actually passed a "bubble ordinance" outlawing the blowing of bubbles on public sidewalks as the bubble residue could actually cause someone to slip and fall. In reality they thought the machine was tacky and didn't fit their elite image of the town. But, the ordinance drew so much attention and created such an uproar that it ultimately lead to the mayor being voted out of office the next year.

We need Kim as mayor here. Bubbles for all, and no BS.

I have a little over a hundred left to raise. :thumbsup2

I can't offer any advise here, but I looked at your thread and when I saw SIXTEEN pages I quite after two. I just hope you get it worked out and raising six after doing just two boys my hat is off to you whatever you do. Have one more and form a baseball team and rake in the dough ... Just Kidding here.:rotfl2:

Larry

The politicians running the town, affectionately known as the heritage Nazis, actually passed a "bubble ordinance" outlawing the blowing of bubbles on public sidewalks ...

That's it. I'm packing my bags and moving to wherever bubbles are allowed to roam free.

Bubbles for all, and no BS.

Dave if you run for office on that platform I'll vote for you as many times as I can. :upsidedow

This message brought to you by the "Bubbles for All" party - Mr. Bub Ble, Chairman.

images

"I'm Bub Ble, and I approve this message"

The town I live in is a historic old village with a lot of Civil War history. The downtown is filled with quaint little shops I can't afford to shop in. One of them sells fancy soaps, and as a gimmick several years back they installed a little bubble machine outside the door to blow bubbles and draw attention. The politicians running the town, affectionately known as the heritage Nazis, actually passed a "bubble ordinance" outlawing the blowing of bubbles on public sidewalks as the bubble residue could actually cause someone to slip and fall. In reality they thought the machine was tacky and didn't fit their elite image of the town. But, the ordinance drew so much attention and created such an uproar that it ultimately lead to the mayor being voted out of office the next year.

We need Kim as mayor here. Bubbles for all, and no BS.

Heritage Nazis? Bubble Ordinance? A dethroned mayor due to said Bubble Ordinance? :rotfl2: GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALIVE!!!!

I'm on my way Dave!!!! This bubble phobia must stop!!!! It's bubble haters gone wild!!!

Together we can stop the insanity....YES WE CAN!!!! :lmao:

I just hope you get it worked out and raising six after doing just two boys my hat is off to you whatever you do. Have one more and form a baseball team and rake in the dough ... Just Kidding here.:rotfl2:

Larry

:thumbsup2 Agreed and I'm not kidding. ;)

That's it. I'm packing my bags and moving to wherever bubbles are allowed to roam free.

Apparently bubbles roaming free was the problem to begin with.:laughing:

WHEN BUBBLES ATTACK!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! THE CHILDREN WILL JUMP AND FLAP THEIR ARMS WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!! RED ALERT, RED ALERT!!!!!

Reprint of a gov't warning during the 50's. I revised it just a little, bubble, nuclear, all the same. And who knew you could survive just by ducking & covering.

Duck and Cover is the suggested method of personal protection against the effects of a bubble attack. This will protect you in the event of an unexpected bubble attack which could come at any time without warning.

You know, I went over to the Theme Park board and read the bubble thread. It was my second DIS mistake in the past few days...the first being going to the Budget board to read Momofsix's thread.

I gotta say, and I bet Momofsix would agree with me, that I need to stop venturing beyond the camping boards. Those people on the other boards are NUTS! There is no sense of common decency, no friendships that I can detect, just mean, snipey people.

Bunch of buttheads.

Reprint of a gov't warning during the 50's. I revised it just a little, bubble, nuclear, all the same. And who knew you could survive just by ducking & covering.

Duck and Cover is the suggested method of personal protection against the effects of a bubble attack. This will protect you in the event of an unexpected bubble attack which could come at any time without warning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiI62AZTQw8 :thumbsup2

You know, I went over to the Theme Park board and read the bubble thread. It was my second DIS mistake in the past few days...the first being going to the Budget board to read Momofsix's thread.

I gotta say, and I bet Momofsix would agree with me, that I need to stop venturing beyond the camping boards. Those people on the other boards are NUTS! There is no sense of common decency, no friendships that I can detect, just mean, snipey people.

Bunch of buttheads.

stay where it is comfy and warm....:cloud9:

Bunch of buttheads.

At least the Bubble thread was good for a laugh.

Buttheads!? :lmao: Careful...you don't want any of those pesky Dis points on your record.

They are NOT the same as DVC points. :laughing:

Now I'm hurtin'. :rotfl2:

If Duck and Cover can save Bert the Turtle from the A-Bomb, it should suffice should there be a bubble attack. :rotfl:

If elected Mayor, this will be implemented immediately. :thumbsup2

stay where it is comfy and warm....:cloud9:

And we can have hot cocoa w/tiny marshmallows.:goodvibes

Your not kidding. That was redicerrrrus.

Redicerrrrus? That may be my new favorite word. ;)

ETA: This Google Ad at the bottom of the page nearly made me bust a gut! :rotfl2:

Make Gigantic Bubbles
The Bubble Thing makes 10-20 foot Bubbles for loads of Family Fun!
www.Chinaberry.com

And we can have hot cocoa w/tiny marshmallows.:goodvibes

I would like mine with peppermint schnapps, please!

The Snipe-O-Meter on the other boards has been off. the. charts. lately. Seriously bad - waaaaaaaay beyond the usual nonsense. Used to be the no-no list was pretty much...

pool hopping
parking at resorts
line cutting
saving parade spots
refillable mugs

...and a few other random topics.

These days you can't even generally mention...

bubbles
saving money
the weather
Christmas decorations
parties
or even kids!

...at Walt Disney World!! :faint:

What the Fort?!

Seems that a few people desperately in need of a Kungaloosh (or 12) have nothing better to do these days than perch on their soap boxes and give the rest of us "what for." And I'm seeing some of the same names popping up over and over on some of these threads.

When they're done installing the new parking gate at the Fort, can we install one here to keep the crank-pots out??

Now I'm hurtin'. :rotfl2:

If Duck and Cover can save Bert the Turtle from the A-Bomb, it should suffice should there be a bubble attack. :rotfl:

If elected Mayor, this will be implemented immediately. :thumbsup2

The sad thing is that they actually were naive enough to think that it would protect you! :scared1:

ETA: This Google Ad at the bottom of the page nearly made me bust a gut! :rotfl2:

Make Gigantic Bubbles
The Bubble Thing makes 10-20 foot Bubbles for loads of Family Fun!
www.Chinaberry.com

Isn't targeted advertising wonderful! :rotfl:

You all are nonsensical and unworthy of this board, and I'm telling my bestest pal Lawrence about you. You'll be in for it then!

I would like mine with peppermint schnapps, please!

:dance3:

Nothing goes better with chocolate than peppermint!

The sad thing is that they actually were naive enough to think that it would protect you! :scared1:

You mean Duck and cover won't really protect you from the A-Bomb? Poor Bert. :sad2:

What about bubbles?

You all are nonsensical and unworthy of this board, and I'm telling my bestest pal Lawrence about you. You'll be in for it then!

Maybe the two of you could buy matching bubble guns and play war. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter