• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

seven dwarfs mine train

surgefest

DIS Veteran
What has the wait time been like for this???? Also how quickly does the line tend to move for this ride??? Thanks for any information!

What has the wait time been like for this???? Also how quickly does the line tend to move for this ride??? Thanks for any information!

Wait times will be long (60-90 mins is normal) and the stand by line is slow, due to the FP+ line.

i assume its so high right now because of the huge crowds. Good to know though, that the stand by lines are slow moving. Anyone else have any input??? How is the ride at night?? As with most outdoor attractions, is it a different experience at night??? Did it take from the wait times on other attractions? just curious if it spread things out at all.

We did not ride last year due to the long lines but I was told by others all the interactive things to do in line really helped pass the time. If you are able to do FP at 60 days out this may be a ride to do that with if it is a must-ride for your family.:)

i assume its so high right now because of the huge crowds. Good to know though, that the stand by lines are slow moving. Anyone else have any input??? How is the ride at night?? As with most outdoor attractions, is it a different experience at night??? Did it take from the wait times on other attractions? just curious if it spread things out at all.

Wait times are high all the time, because it is new.

We were able to ride it standby in December during a MVMCP. The wait when we entered was around 30 minutes. We found that the line really bogged down around the interactive areas and made it move slow. I don't know about the higher wait times but I'm sure that they are a great way to pass the time.

We rode it at night and it was great! Haven't rode it during the day to compare but rides at night always seem faster and more fun to me.

Even at RD expect to wait. I also found that the interactive stuff slowed the line down. I honestly didn't even wanted to touch it after seeing a sick kid caught all over the screens in the jewel game :eek:. All I think of it now is germ pool.

Can someone tell me what its like? I assume the visual is amazing because it is afterall, Disney. But what besides a new attraction makes it in such high demand?
Is it that incredible?

It looks a lot like Big Thunder Mt. Railroad

If you are curious about the wait times for this or any other ride, just download a wait time app or visit a website that monitors these. That way you can keep an eye from home to get a sense of how the crowds filter through and what times of day are shortest.

Can someone tell me what its like? I assume the visual is amazing because it is afterall, Disney. But what besides a new attraction makes it in such high demand?
Is it that incredible?

It's okay. It's kind of cool, but it's definitely a kiddie coaster. It's nowhere near as intense as BTMR.

It's long waits because it's new, the crowds have little affect because everyone is going for it

Stand by lines move quick. It's one of the quickest stand bys at the parks

The ride is a lot better at night. You can see everything better and the best part is it feels a lot faster.

Is it that incredible?

The best part of the ride for me is that its smooth as silk. No bumping or jarring.

Does anybody know what the wait times will be like very late in the evening? I'm talking about after the fireworks and upto midnight. I visit on Feb 18th and mk has a closing time of midnight even though I wouldn't expect it to be a super busy day.

Does anybody know what the wait times will be like very late in the evening? I'm talking about after the fireworks and upto midnight. I visit on Feb 18th and mk has a closing time of midnight even though I wouldn't expect it to be a super busy day.

Actually that entire week will be pretty busy. It is President's week (so school vacation for a lot of the Northeast) and Princess marathon weekend at the end of the week. That being said, we were there last year, the same week and rode the headliners at MK during the fireworks and electric parade most nights and rarely encountered waits longer than 20 minutes in SB. This was before 7DMT opened so can't comment on that ride specifically. If I remember correctly, some of the nights they even extended the park hours to 1 am that week, so keep checking the hours, too.

we were just there during Christmas week and wait times were 90-160 minutes starting from 8:30 till at least 10pm. I made sure we used FP for this ride 60 days out, when I tried to change times 30 days out, there were no more FP times available.
I am not someone who likes roller coasters or thrill rides but I was able to do this ride. DS and DH said it is no comparison to space mountain or BTM. Its like a coaster between barnstormer and BTM. However, seven dwarfs has a better scenery.

Actually that entire week will be pretty busy. It is President's week (so school vacation for a lot of the Northeast) and Princess marathon weekend at the end of the week. That being said, we were there last year, the same week and rode the headliners at MK during the fireworks and electric parade most nights and rarely encountered waits longer than 20 minutes in SB. This was before 7DMT opened so can't comment on that ride specifically. If I remember correctly, some of the nights they even extended the park hours to 1 am that week, so keep checking the hours, too.

Thanks, I was thinking president day would be the week after it seems early this year. It is also British school holiday time as well. We have always visited MK on a Wednesday and never found the crowds too bad.

we were just there during Christmas week and wait times were 90-160 minutes starting from 8:30 till at least 10pm. I made sure we used FP for this ride 60 days out, when I tried to change times 30 days out, there were no more FP times available.
I am not someone who likes roller coasters or thrill rides but I was able to do this ride. DS and DH said it is no comparison to space mountain or BTM. Its like a coaster between barnstormer and BTM. However, seven dwarfs has a better scenery.

I'm not able to get any fp yet as I won't be buying our tickets until we arrive. I was hoping that very late on would be the best time for this ride. We have been to MK numerous times but not since this opened. I will leave it until last and hope for the best.

Every time we walked by or checked through the app there was a very long wait time.We had 2 fast passes for it and only used one.the fastpass line was also long.We didnt use the second fastpass however.After waiting 45+ in fastpass line the first time we decided it wasnt that good of a ride to wait that long again

If you are curious about the wait times for this or any other ride, just download a wait time app or visit a website that monitors these. That way you can keep an eye from home to get a sense of how the crowds filter through and what times of day are shortest.

Can you recomend a good app or website, if this is allowed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter