SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

ok I know how we are getting here when we check out of AOA but how would we get to the airport when our flight is super early in the morning?

Hi all. I'm trying to find some additional information about SOG. We've never stayed there but have stayed at WDW several times. Can a veteran's wife and grandkids stay at SOG? Or does the Veteran need to be staying there and on the reservation, as well?

Also, can you book SOG as a package through WDW with tickets, etc?

Thank you!!

Hi all. I'm trying to find some additional information about SOG. We've never stayed there but have stayed at WDW several times. Can a veteran's wife and grandkids stay at SOG? Or does the Veteran need to be staying there and on the reservation, as well?

Also, can you book SOG as a package through WDW with tickets, etc?

Thank you!!

Have you visited the shades of green webpage? It has the specific requirements.

But no on the second question. You need to book through shades of green and tickets can be purchased through their ticket office.

Have you visited the shades of green webpage? It has the specific requirements.

But no on the second question. You need to book through shades of green and tickets can be purchased through their ticket office.

Yes I visited it. It said that "sponsor's" spouses can book it. I don't know if a veteran is considered a sponsor or if that's something else. Hence why I came here to ask.

Yes I visited it. It said that "sponsor's" spouses can book it. I don't know if a veteran is considered a sponsor or if that's something else. Hence why I came here to ask.

Is he a veteran or a retiree?

If he is a retiree and you have an ID card you can sponsor. If he is a veteran without an ID card I do not believe you can sponsor. And to my knowledge you can only book those rooms during September and January and he has to present his DD214.

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, but can someone give me an idea of how much it is to UBER from MCO to SOG?

thanks!

We are staying at SOG in Sept 2020. Since I have a family of 6 we wanted to get my oldest son an adjoining room at SOG. So we would do one regular room with 5 of us (already booked and linked to my Disney experience and linked to our names) and one sponsored room with my 18 year old son. My question is what name do I book the room under and how does that work with fast passes? Am I able to book a second room and link to MDE without it causing double booking issues? Hopefully this makes sense. All of this has been confusing for me as we normally stay at a Disney Resort and have never dealt with a sponsored room at SOG.

We are staying at SOG in Sept 2020. Since I have a family of 6 we wanted to get my oldest son an adjoining room at SOG. So we would do one regular room with 5 of us (already booked and linked to my Disney experience and linked to our names) and one sponsored room with my 18 year old son. My question is what name do I book the room under and how does that work with fast passes? Am I able to book a second room and link to MDE without it causing double booking issues? Hopefully this makes sense. All of this has been confusing for me as we normally stay at a Disney Resort and have never dealt with a sponsored room at SOG.

Hi, we are doing the same in January. Have a room for my husband (sponsor) and myself, and an adjoining for our sons. All rooms at Shades will be booked under the sponsor's name. Both of the rooms we have reserved are linked under my husband's name to my MDE account. We have stayed at Shades several times over the last few years, and have never had an issue with making fastpasses for all of the members of the party at the 60 day window. But if you do have any issues, reach out to Disney technical support. They are very helpful and have always been able to resolve any issues we ran into with getting the Shades rooms linked correctly to my MDE account.

Have fun at Shades, you are going to love it!

Hi, we are doing the same in January. Have a room for my husband (sponsor) and myself, and an adjoining for our sons. All rooms at Shades will be booked under the sponsor's name. Both of the rooms we have reserved are linked under my husband's name to my MDE account. We have stayed at Shades several times over the last few years, and have never had an issue with making fastpasses for all of the members of the party at the 60 day window. But if you do have any issues, reach out to Disney technical support. They are very helpful and have always been able to resolve any issues we ran into with getting the Shades rooms linked correctly to my MDE account.

Thank you! We stayed at SOG a couple days in 2018 and fell in love. The location, price, room size, and calmness sold us!

Does anyone know if they have done a refurb or update to the rooms in the original section? We have stayed in the set of rooms next to the garage the last couple times we went. They were newer. We haven't been in a few years and want to know when I book my rooms for next year what to request. Thank you

What did you end up using? We arrive in a few weeks and I was thinking about prime now. My issue looking at the webpage is that they have no cases of water. However, I am wondering if that’s a supply issue due to Dorian.

I do t remember the PX having big cases
I’m sorry, I just saw this. We are going down for Halloween.

Can anyone share their experience with the Raytheon character breakfast? What was it like? Which characters were there?

we have 3 rooms booked under my step fathers name (sponsor) and in MDE they all show up with him as one of the room spots, which doesn’t leave enough “spots” for me to link the rest of our family members. Do you call Disney to manage that? Or SoG?

we have 3 rooms booked under my step fathers name (sponsor) and in MDE they all show up with him as one of the room spots, which doesn’t leave enough “spots” for me to link the rest of our family members. Do you call Disney to manage that? Or SoG?

My husband is linked under both of the rooms as well, which leaves one of the party not being "linked" on a room in MDE. We have had that occur in the past without any issues. When I called Disney tech support the first time that it occurred, was told that is because of Shades putting all rooms under the sponsor's name only, and as long as all party members are sharing plans, you will be able to make fast passes for the entire party at the 60 day window whether they are "linked" to the room or not.

But any issues with MDE, you should reach out to Disney Tech Support.

Ok, back a few days ago from a wonderful stay at Shades of Green. We were on the Palm side. Everything in the room was new and or refurbished. Extremely comfy beds. The food at both Manginos and Garden Grill were fantastic. Breakfast for 2 adults and 1child ran $35, while we would typically spend $50 at Manginos for dinner with me having a beer or two.

Here are updated Manginos menus.

The pool was fantastic!

We looked out over the golf course.

The Wi-Fi is pretty weak in the rooms. We had to go to the lobby if we needed to be online or want to make a call (cell reception is bad in there as well).

The Magnolia spa was wonderful and I highly recommend it.

Busing was a little weak. They really only go to two parks, you have to use the TTC for MK and Epcot. We took Lyft a BUNCH of times which was not very expensive.

We used Sunstate for round trip airport transportation. Ride to the resort was fine, though we got a van (not the town car I booked) both times. The way back was in a rickety old van and the driver was a maniac, talking on the phone and trying to set a speed record. I wont use Sunstate again.

Overall it was a fantastic stay, though I am thinking about a split stay with POFQ next time to get the best of both worlds.

While we were there, our resort reservation fell out of WDW's system of the THIRD time and they started sending me emails threatening to cancel my FP's. Because we had already checked in, they could not do anything about it. That was annoying. They told me not to worry about the FP's, and they never did cancel them, but it was still a bit nerve wracking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter