• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sharing soda at TS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliesmom

Mouseketeer
I was chatting the other day with a coworker who recently returned from a trip to WDW and was shocked at the cost of food. We use a number of money-saving strategies while traveling (i.e., having groceries delivered and eat breakfast in our room, if we do a character buffet we usually scheduled it for around 10:30-11am so it's breakfast + lunch, drinking ice water with meals, ordering large CS meals to split such as at Tangierine Cafe etc.) and was sharing some of these for their future trips.

This coworker brought up the cost of soda at TS restaurants and suggested the idea of "splitting" sodas at TS restaurants where refills are free where essentially one person orders a soda, shares with others and then the soda is refilled throughout the meal.

I was a little taken aback by this and have never heard of "sharing" sodas before, and while I doubt there is an official policy, I can't imagine this is technically allowed? Just curious if this is something any fellow DISers have heard of?

I don't know how much sodas are now, but I can't imagine passing my Diet Coke over to DH every 5 minutes to save 3.00 or so! :laughing:

I've never heard of it at Disney, but quite a few local places that tend to attract tween/teen crowds have rules against it so your coworker obviously isn't the first one to think it up.

Disney is pretty reluctant to risk upsetting guests so I doubt any restaurant cast member would call out a family doing this, but I can't see it being worth the bother. We never all want the same soda, and we've had too many servers that made themselves scarce when we were in need of refills.

Isn't this kind of why they went to the RFID-chiped mugs at the resort QS - because people were abusing the drink stations? Not exact, but similar?

It's things like this that make places charge for refills.

I tend to agree if the cost of soda is going to be such a huge deal, maybe they need to evaluate where they are dining or what a Disney vacation will entail. While I can't say there is an official rule, the refills are of course meant for the person who is paying for the drink not the rest of the table. I would think that's pretty obvious and suggest ordering water if one doesn't want to pay $3 for a soda.

Also in OP post they said “one person orders a soda, shares with others” does this imply that one soda was shared with more than 2 people? :scared:

Also in OP post they said “one person orders a soda, shares with others” does this imply that one soda was shared with more than 2 people? :scared:

They probably have a sleeve of cups in their bag and whip them out, then pour from one glass but all drink from their paper cups.

Classiness at its best.

They probably have a sleeve of cups in their bag and whip them out, then pour from one glass but all drink from their paper cups.

Classiness at its best.
I mean as long as they have their pinky’s out it’s still classy right?.... right? :badpc::sad2:

7a3f272a-7d77-4ffb-b038-e598f290cba1_100_h_6.gif
I mean as long as they have their pinky’s out it’s still classy right?.... right? :badpc::sad2:

Made me think of my fave movie !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter