Shark bite at Cocoa Beach

kimmie

<font color=green>Sometimes I have senior moments
DD just got off the phone with a friend in St. Pete. Another of the girls' friends is staying at Cocoa Beach. Today, while playing in waist high water, she was bitten by a shark. As I write this she is in surgery to repair the tendons, etc that were damaged by the bite. I hesitate to use the word *attack* because I am not writing this to scare anyone. Just be careful if you are going that direction. Please send Pixie Dust for a full recovery.:)

I have heard that they young lady is doing fine and that the injuries were not life threatening. She was airlifted to the hospital, though. 'Tis the time of year for sharks being closer to shore as the waters are changing and warming up.

Everyone please be careful.

Yes, she will be fine. I have not talked with her Mom. I think I will call when they get back home. There were a few moms that were down there who are nurses, so I am sure they were right there to help! Funny how quickly things can happen!
I did hear that she may need therapy for her foot. We are going this weekend and the kids definitely want to stay away from the beach this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter