She said, "I will never enter that cave"

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
And she loved it!!!!! Yeah!:lmao:

Just returned from VWL. Would have bought some of my, I mean our, points there. But unfortunately life is about compromise and my partner "apparently" detested the thought of that resort.

So I took charge and at least booked a vacation there. Fantastic. Peaceful. Lovely.

I wish I could give constructive words but I'm still overwhelmed by the place.

VWL lovers.....

I'm so flippin' envious.

Funny how that happens... DH and I weren't too sure we would like VWL ("It doesn't look like Florida", "We've got pine trees at home who wants to look at them on vacation") but we tried it and, well, if you look at my signature you can see what happened next. We just stayed there for the second time a few weeks ago and it was even better the second time around!

I'm really glad to hear you (and especially your partner) enjoyed it as much as we did! Yes there are lots of pine trees and no it doesn't "feel" like Florida -- it feels like you were transported to one of the Great Lodges of the Northwest and it's Disney magic at it's finest!

Lovley...so pleased your partner enjoyed their stay here.

Hey Lisa, you sounded like my DH before our first trip to VWL.

But he actually enjoyed it(I really got tired of the faces he was making before we got there, "Yuck you guys(me,and 2DS) are making me stay here.

And I thought the theme part was just right and we picked a time when it didn't seem like the villas were too busy.

She said, "I will never enter that cave"

I knew VWL was the cave. And I cringed as I opened the thread. Glad it was enjoyable! Thanks for sharing!

IMO, this is one of the best things about the DVC resorts: no matter what the theme is, Disney does it so well that you're transported to whichever location the decor suggests! Yes, initially, VWL and AKV come across as "darker" than the others, but that's the style, whether in the northwest or in Africa! BWV-style is what I saw in Atlantic city (at least before gambling came; haven't been there in a while :laughing: ); and certainly OKW delivers a laid-back tropical atmosphere! Having never been to Saratoga Springs, NY, I can't vouch for the authenticity of the decor, but it's done so well that I don't care if Disney exercised "poetic license" with the design. :goodvibes

What I don't understand are those who won't even try anything different before making up their minds that they don't like it.:confused3

And she loved it!!!!! Yeah!:lmao:

Just returned from VWL. Would have bought some of my, I mean our, points there. But unfortunately life is about compromise and my partner "apparently" detested the thought of that resort.

So I took charge and at least booked a vacation there. Fantastic. Peaceful. Lovely.

VWL lovers.....

I'm so flippin' envious.

I too was drug kicking and screaming to VWL - I don't like the woods, I did not like the theming. Now we own 100 points there.

In fact we will be there in 6 days! Love the place!!!

Watch out...next thing you know, you'll be trolling the resale sites looking for a contract. :lmao:

But seriously, I'm glad you both enjoyed it. It's a wonderful place to stay. :goodvibes

VWL lovers.....

I'm so flippin' envious.

I'm happy that you had a great trip and enjoyed VWL. No need to be envious as you can come stay whenever availability awaits!

Or you could do one of those sneaky little add ons as others have suggested. ;)

I'm just glad you went ahead and tried it out and that you both enjoyed it. Variety...spice of life....all that stuff. Nice to try new things out now and again and get those pleasant surprises. :)

Hey Lisa, you sounded like my DH before our first trip to VWL.

But he actually enjoyed it(I really got tired of the faces he was making before we got there, "Yuck you guys(me,and 2DS) are making me stay here.

And I thought the theme part was just right and we picked a time when it didn't seem like the villas were too busy.

Oh no Starr. I'm not your "cave hatin now lovin' '" husband's twin. :rotfl: Not me. My partner is.....

She was the one who protested so loudly, and yes faces and all, "there is no way our money is going there" when I said, "VWL is it". And then suddenly like magic, two years later, she's sitting on the balcony smiling every time a rabbit goes by, choosing to stay in the room to relax, suddenly intrigued by the history of lovebugs of all things, saying, "can't we just stay here today". All incongruent to "dark and depressing" I'd say.

I always knew I would adore it. I remember seeing the signs that VWL was coming and almost screaming in glee. Would have bought our initial contract there in an instant. Love the CR/WL/FW triangle. VWL and BWV (and of course CRV if it comes). Yep that would have been it.

Oh well. I'm absolutely blessed to have any DVC resort.

Oh no Starr. I'm not your "cave hatin now lovin' '" husband's twin. :rotfl: Not me. My partner is.....

She was the one who protested so loudly, and yes faces and all, "there is no way our money is going there" when I said, "VWL is it". And then suddenly like magic, two years later, she's sitting on the balcony smiling every time a rabbit goes by, choosing to stay in the room to relax, suddenly intrigued by the history of lovebugs of all things, saying, "can't we just stay here today". All incongruent to "dark and depressing" I'd say.

I always knew I would adore it. I remember seeing the signs that VWL was coming and almost screaming in glee. Would have bought our initial contract there in an instant. Love the CR/WL/FW triangle. VWL and BWV (and of course CRV if it comes). Yep that would have been it.

Oh well. I'm absolutely blessed to have any DVC resort.

Sorry Lisa, looks like we both had to deal with the faces!:rotfl2: The best part was the kids were excited to go(they had watched the Great Hotel show on VL) and here was DH making faces:headache: .

He actually said again this morning, "You know I like VWL more than I thought I would, we could stay there again." :lmao:

It's our absolute favorite! VWL is the only place my husband wants to stay. So glad you liked it!:love:

BeckyH

Oh no! This is terrible news! I thought at least there would be one DVC that I would not be that interested in staying in (though I do want to try them all)--VWL has always been last on my list due to theming. We live in Maine...so I mean, come on...the whole flippin' state is themed with pine trees, moose, and bears on everything! So I always thought--no way do I want to see all of that on my vacation!

Now I suppose I'll have to book it! :lmao: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter