Should I accept DCP 2018?

Discussion in 'The College Board' started by CiscoDel, Oct 4, 2017.

1. CiscoDel

CiscoDel Earning My Ears

I did accept the DCP and have already payed my registration. I'm just tired of rejected.. even here in NYC it very difficult to get a job in my field so i've been stuck with the same one for 3 years. I just got another rejection from the DPI and it's very upsetting, i just don't understand why I can't even get a phone interview and i believe my portfolio and skills are actually good enough for this. I would like a portfolio review nonetheless from someone in my field..

Another problem i have with the DCP is that I am a graduate student and regardless of me not knowing the program schedules and subjects of the DCP it just sounds so GenED making it a long shot for my school to credit this.

2. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

You may indeed end up feeling like the DCP is below your abilities and you can pretty much count on not participating in a job assignment that correlates to your current degree and anticipated Master's. My son is currently working in an entry level position in his field (non Disney) and will be working quick service at WDW in Jan. So in a way he may be losing opportunity by leaving his current position, however, he looks at it this way, if he puts in the sweat during the DCP it may get his foot in the door so to speak so that he can again apply for something in Disney Conservation, there really isn't much chance of him getting a position as a professional intern or a straight out professional position without having experience in the company. I think you have been finding that out. Go into the DCP with a good spirit, don't think of it as a problem, work hard, go above expectations and make impressions on your leaders. Take every opportunity you are given there, they also offer seminars on resume and interviewing skills. Go to those, you will get an idea of what they may be looking for. Perhaps you can also take an online class or two so you can still be considered enrolled in your schools program and also can continue to work toward your next degree.