Shuttle launch

jag90

Mouseketeer
As of now the shuttle is scheduled to launch on thursday 1/16 between 10 - 2. We will be boarding the Wonder at that time. Has anyone ever seen a shuttle launch while at the port? I'm just wondering about the view. It should be pretty good.

I've never seen a launch from the port, but you can see the space center from the port (left) side of the ship when it is docked. Should make for almost "front row" seats. Wish I could be there....

We saw the shuttle launch while eating our embarkation lunch on deck nine. It was pretty exciting! We had a great view but get a seat early as everyone was up there watching. If you have a veranda and it is on the correct side of the ship you can watch it from there too. Just look for the white tower with the blue circle on it and keep watching it. It seemed like it went right over us, really neat!

How cool will that be! We seen the launch last year from the Space Center veiwing station and thought it would be a once and a lifetime experience for our children (6) & (3) -mainly the 6yr old as it was also our first time seeing it. And now they may see it again just a year later. I hope it launches and the weather is good for it! It is such a great experience!!! Keep our fingers crossed.

It must be an incredible site. If it doesn't go on Thursday, maybe we might get to see it on Saturday. What are the chances of that? Not likely.

Have fun!
Tina :bounce:
Magic Western 1/18/03

Read an article in our newspaper today that the shuttle launch has been delayed 24 hours. I guess they are shooting for Friday now.

Congrats to anyone who gets to see it! I'm still hoping they'll delay til Sunday! ;)

The shuttle is scheduled to launch at 10:39am on Thursday 1/6/03. It has been cleared for launch.

Hopkins: If they scrub the launch after fueling, you stand a pretty good chance for a Saturday launch because of turn around time.

(Later edit. Looks like you have NO chance of a Saturday or Sunday launch. If it doesn't fly Thurs. or Fri., they have a four-day stand-down to service time critical payloads.)

GBG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter