Single Day Rainforest Pass $ Increased today!

I think it was included previously - which, frankly, is how most spas work - book a treatment, get access to the spa - but isn't now.

My husband was invited to use it for his massage on our cruise last August. If it is no longer included, we will no longer be purchasing a treatment. Their treatments are so overpriced compared to spas back home

My husband was invited to use it for his massage on our cruise last August. If it is no longer included, we will no longer be purchasing a treatment. Their treatments are so overpriced compared to spas back home

Rainforest Room is separate and not normally included with other spa treatments.

The showers and the sauna that is in the shower/change room is free and open to any cruise adult passenger.

SW

Don't forget - the spa is run by a third party vendor, not DCL.
I think few would think not managed by DCL through contract though all are run and provided by Steiner.

Steiner may have exclusive rights to sell their services and products on-board under the Senses banner and although I don't think anybody here knows the explicit details of the agreement between DCL and Steiner, DCL would exert considerable control over their running of services on-board like they would all other contractors and contracted services (Steiners annual reports details the ability of cruise lines to terminate their agreements for not meeting defined service standards and the gross receipt value held back by a cruise line for services charged on-board before net proceeds being passed on).

IMO this is not Steiner arbitrarily deciding to increase a services cost and one DCL would have had input to, for what happens on-board and the charges and service impact for such reflects upon DCL and not who they contract to provide.

I have only been in the Rain Forest room on the Magic. I understand the larger ships have the Verrandah with Hot Tubs and the heated loungers. So, I can’t believe that it would be $34 on all ships, since clearly the larger ships have more amenities. JMHO!

I have only been in the Rain Forest room on the Magic. I understand the larger ships have the Verrandah with Hot Tubs and the heated loungers. So, I can’t believe that it would be $34 on all ships, since clearly the larger ships have more amenities. JMHO!

It has ALWAYS been the same price across the ships.

It has ALWAYS been the same price across the ships.

Thanks for info.

It may have been, but it probably shouldn’t.

Twice on the Magic, I saw people asked for their money back because they thought it would be like Dream/ Fantasy. They both were very strong at expressing how different they were.

Just an idea DCL!

Just to backup the OP, I called DCL today for some stateroom decorations and did confirm that the price of the Rainforest day pass without any scrubs, has indeed almost doubled at 34 bucks pp

Without scrubs? It doubled in price and you don't get the scrubs? Ridiculous. The first year I went that they were offering scrubs you could come back and get as many as you wanted to try during the duration of the cruise. I just bring my own now - Wegman's has some lovely ones.

Ah man. I kept putting off calling to buy some for my Oct cruise because I enjoy the Rainforest Room, but guess I am out of luck now. I can't see paying that much.

Too steep for us also... we both enjoyed it so it would be $68 for the two of us. We don't stay very long, maybe an hour, and certainly didn't have time or inclination to go back more than once a day. We'd already decided not to get the week long pass as we went 2-3x total last time... there just isn't THAT much there.

Sorry, but that's a ridiculous price, especially on the Wonder. I just sailed on the Royal Princess for a week in June and their version was about $130 for the week. I'm booked on Holland America Nieuw Statendam in 2 weeks and just paid for their version, which is $139 (for one person) or $219 for two. I love Thermal Spas/Rainforest/Enclave, but will not pay $238 for a week. Not happening. And from what I remember, the Wonder doesn't even have a hot tub! I'll just go the adults area hot tub instead and save my money.

The room is supposed to be very little talking. Small conversation. Yet it is not a quite zone at all, if you want that. Book a private room. I will have my mild conversation in the sauna, steam room and also let out a yelp or a giggle in the showers. Hot to cold is no joke.

While I get the lounge area to be quite. People also need to be mindful of others as regards to wait time. A brief nap 15-20 but not much longer or you bet your butt I will be making some notices.

Especially now that I had to pay x amount more. Lol

That is quite a hike but in line with what resorts charge for such facilities if they aren’t included in some other purchase or fee. I will probably still do it for 1 day at that price. It’s worth it for just me for a day. However, for more people or more days, it becomes questionable. I can’t really take advantage of the week pass, unless I ignore my family for the entire cruise😂

I may have missed it but have the length of cruise pass prices also increased?

Last edited:
Do you still sail with DCL at all? :hyper2:

Well... Hello, DCL police!

My 3rd cruise with DCL was in 2017 and... I bought Rainforest Passes on each DCL cruise I've been on.

As I said... probably a hundred times by now... we are currently taking a break and trying other cruise lines (we have tried Carnival for 2018-2019, and now we are trying RCCL in 2019 and 2020... But the plan was always to alternate between cruise lines in order to experience different things.

As a matter of fact, I almost booked with DCL in December 2020 but since my girl friends could not afford DCL, we went with the majority and booked with RCCL. We will however, have a WDW pre-cruise stay as a WDW stay was our priority over sailing with DCL (this way we get Disney AND a cruise).

DH and I are waiting for the new DCL ships come out in order not to repeat the same experience over and over. So that brings us to 2021.... And as you already know, it's not possible to even book them for the moment.

So... Yeah. I still "sail with DCL", even though I do not have a booking for 2021 at the moment.

DH and I had a fabulous day at the Laniwai spa at Aulani last year, and had thought about doing a spa afternoon on our next DCL cruise. I have been hesitant because I am wary of the high pressure sales I have heard about in the Senses spa onboard DCL ships. (Yes, I know I can just say no, but I prefer not to be asked at all.) Without looking to far into it, I assumed that (like most other spas, including the spa at Aulani) use of the spa amenities was included with a spa service. To hear that it's not AND the price has gone up by nearly double is disappointing. I think we'll have a spa day at home before or after our cruise and save the money for another experience.

Does anyone know if we can still us the showers in the spa for free?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter