• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Siracha sauce?’s

LOL. Some of the so called hot sauces are 450, so 2200 is HOT. That being said, I'll be glad when this spicy craze goes away and I can go back to enjoying what the food, not the hot sauce, tastes like.

Why are you purposely eating food that’s spicy if you don’t like spicy food?

LOL. Some of the so called hot sauces are 450, so 2200 is HOT. That being said, I'll be glad when this spicy craze goes away and I can go back to enjoying what the food, not the hot sauce, tastes like.
Why are you eating food with spice if you don't like spice? It isn't hard to avoid.

Siracha is relatively mild compared to other hot sauces, even Tabasco. Some of my kids use it like ketchup. Dd23 and her friends have hot sauce eating competitions, and my boys have hot pepper eating challenges (they worked at a garden center). I have jalapeños and scotch bonnets in my garden. Siracha is flavorful with a little heat.

If you don't like spicy food, I get that it might be spicy to you, but when describing hot sauce, sriacha is absolutely a mild one. If someone wanted to start trying hot sauces, sriacha is a safe start.

As for the waiver, the poster must have been mistaken. No one is giving a waiver for the equivalent of a jalapeno.

Is it possible they are messing with you? Really, maybe they’re just joking around?
I once put plain DelMonte canned tomatoes in a bowl and told my mom it was salsa. She went on and on about how spicy that salsa was

Is it possible they are messing with you? Really, maybe they’re just joking around?
Or maybe it’s a combination of not being fed spicy food and genetics, so it’s very spicy to them? The older my kids got, the more I cooked with more heat. We usually get an order of mussels when ordering pizza, I now ask for hot instead of sweet.

Why are you purposely eating food that’s spicy if you don’t like spicy food?
I'm not. But I have had a lot of food that isn't SUPPOSED to be spicy that is being prepared as spicy. I thought fettiuccine alfredo would be safe choice, but one restaurant put so much spice in it I couldn't eat it.

Oh they do that to get me to TRY spicy stuff. But siracha apparently was too far over the spice line for them to have me try it. They out and out said don't try it.

I don’t see online that Panda Express sells it. What brand taste similar to Panda Express ? I’m on my way to visit her at college and would love to show up with a bottle. Thanks in advance
I don't know that I have ever even seen sriracha at Panda Express.

I'm not. But I have had a lot of food that isn't SUPPOSED to be spicy that is being prepared as spicy. I thought fettiuccine alfredo would be safe choice, but one restaurant put so much spice in it I couldn't eat it.

I fail to see how that's part of the "spice craze" – whatever that actually is – but OK!

I fail to see how that's part of the "spice craze" – whatever that actually is – but OK!
Not sure what you are not seeing. Restaurants the last 10 years have shifted to spicier offerings. That's fine for the restaurants that note in the description that it is spicy. My concern is foods that are not normally spicy are being made spicy now, without any notation in the menu. Just a walk down a supermarket aisle these days reveals a lot more shelf space dedicated to spicy sauces.

So spicy that they tried to close the plant because the FUMES were making people sick. https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...iracha-factory-under-fire-for-fumes-city-sues I did see that on news
Really? I do know the plant was putting off fumes, but the sauce itself is not very spicy at all. Been eating it for years and have never, ever had anyone bring up a waiver.

We use it to dip sandwiches, top asian dishes, like fried rice/noodles, etc. and we use more of it than a tabasco, etc because it is fairly mild.

OP, if your daughter likes it, it's very easy to find and I've even seen funny keychain with small tubes attached. That would be a fun gift for a college kid!
what kind of sandwiches? I have no idea what to put it on except what’s being posted on the is thread
oh she would love one! Where can I buy one!
Do I just searched sriracha keychain

I don't know that I have ever even seen sriracha at Panda Express.
She said it was in a packet type

what kind of sandwiches? I have no idea what to put it on except what’s being posted on the is thread

She said it was in a packet type
Personally I only really eat grilled cheese or tuna sandwiches, so I dip it in the sauce. My husband would more likely spread it on top of his mayonnaise on his roast beef or turkey sandwiches.

If you need suggestions it's fabulous on eggs and omelets. A little sauce and some sharp cheddar on top is super tasty.

To be clear, I have no problem with it being on the table. I have no problem with people who want to add it to their food. I'm just concerned how much food is being prepared too spicy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter