Sister Wives

Interesting insight on this particular type of polygamy last night. :scratchin Meri’s plural family of origin was apparently also troubled, with what she described as “some of the wives” having left (makes you wonder how many there were?). And Christine’s own mother, who would have also been part of the “polygamy royalty” of their sect, left her plural marriage and children. It really leans toward being an issue of “this system just can’t work”, regardless of what a jerk Kody is.
I caught that, and had the same exact thought.

Interesting insight on this particular type of polygamy last night. :scratchin Meri’s plural family of origin was apparently also troubled, with what she described as “some of the wives” having left (makes you wonder how many there were?). And Christine’s own mother, who would have also been part of the “polygamy royalty” of their sect, left her plural marriage and children. It really leans toward being an issue of “this system just can’t work”, regardless of what a jerk Kody is.
It was an interesting fact about how many have left but I do think overall polygamy can work but it takes the right set of people. I remember an older episode where the Browns visited another polygamist family and the husband was telling Kody that if a wife is unhappy then he has to look at what he is doing to fix it. And of course Kody was saying that was crazy & it is the wives job. That is the fundamental problem with this family. KODY!

I watched the new episode last night. I could not believe that Meri made the drive to Utah alone when her mom was dying. Even if Kody couldn't make the trip, that "family" is huge! An older kid couldn't go along with her? That was a time when everyone should have put their differences aside and figure out a way for Meri to be supported and safe. It would have been nice to have another driver after she got the call from her sister. It was just really sad that she ended up alone during that time. At least Mariah and Audrey where there when she arrived in Utah.

I watched the new episode last night. I could not believe that Meri made the drive to Utah alone when her mom was dying. Even if Kody couldn't make the trip, that "family" is huge! An older kid couldn't go along with her? That was a time when everyone should have put their differences aside and figure out a way for Meri to be supported and safe. It would have been nice to have another driver after she got the call from her sister. It was just really sad that she ended up alone during that time. At least Mariah and Audrey where there when she arrived in Utah.
One of the sister wives could have gone. Isn't that supposed to be a benefit of polygamy? Having the support of sister wives.

One of the sister wives could have gone. Isn't that supposed to be a benefit of polygamy? Having the support of sister wives.
They really don't behave like sister wives at all. For a while now, the show really has just felt like a married guy with 3 ex wives.

This is exactly the sort of situation where I would expect a sister wife to step up. Watching Meri alone in the car crying for nobody except the camera was just awful.

In fairness, we don't know that everyone declined to support her; she may have preferred to go alone. She didn't make one word of complaint about not having anyone with her. Everybody is different; I've hit the road alone on extremely short notice under similar circumstances and honestly, it was easier that way than trying to coordinate having someone come along.

In fairness, we don't know that everyone declined to support her; she may have preferred to go alone. She didn't make one word of complaint about not having anyone with her. Everybody is different; I've hit the road alone on extremely short notice under similar circumstances and honestly, it was easier that way than trying to coordinate having someone come along.
That's a good point, I should have thought of that. Some people, strange as it may seem, don't like anyone to see them in times of struggle. That's like, when my mother had breast cancer surgery, Dad dropped her off at the front door of the hospital, then she called him when she was ready to go home. We thought that was terrible but she then told us she'd told him too-she didn't want anyone around her. Strange, but true.

So last night’s episode?

What the heck was Kody babbling about? Patriarchy? Head of household?
Like that’s the issue.
Janelle certainly didn't like that, did she? He appeared to be setting himself up as a martyr... like, look at all I've done as patriarch but nobody appreciates my efforts. He just keeps digging himself deeper and deeper.

Does anyone have a good memory with the conversations between Christine and Kody about the divorce? He seems to remember what he said differently than her.

Did anyone else find it interesting when Kody said that Christine had left the church a long time ago (or years ago)?

Did anyone else find it interesting when Kody said that Christine had left the church a long time ago (or years ago)?
I'm really not sure what his version of the church is. They certainly didn't gather for church together, even electronically like the rest of us did, during Covid.

I'm really not sure what his version of the church is. They certainly didn't gather for church together, even electronically like the rest of us did, during Covid.
I recall an episode shortly after they moved to Vegas where they gathered as a family for worship and Kody conducted services. I don't get the impression they have been involved with an organized church for quite some time.

I don’t think it’s been a real plural marriage for years. They’ve all lived in different rental homes, miles apart, and the kids haven’t seen each other anyway. Next week’s preview has Meri saying Kody told her just to move up to the bed and breakfast full time. So then there were two …

Boy I miss this thread. No cable. No Discovery Plus. No Kody. No comment.

So reading along and driving myself nuts.
What I would love to know the most is, How is Janelle? Is she saying much about the new dynamic? Or about Christine's choice to leave/her new life?

Boy I miss this thread. No cable. No Discovery Plus. No Kody. No comment.

So reading along and driving myself nuts.
What I would love to know the most is, How is Janelle? Is she saying much about the new dynamic? Or about Christine's choice to leave/her new life?
Janelle wasn’t shocked by the announcement since she and Christine had spoken privately about her plans. She bought a camper to move out to Coyote Pass since her rental home is now up for sale. She seems very independent and not bothered much by Cody’s absence from her life the past few years, in my opinion.

Janelle wasn’t shocked by the announcement since she and Christine had spoken privately about her plans. She bought a camper to move out to Coyote Pass since her rental home is now up for sale. She seems very independent and not bothered much by Cody’s absence from her life the past few years, in my opinion.
That offer from Christine to Janelle about renting her house after she moved to Utah seems to be very weird editing. Janelle (who obviously knew Christine's plans) had already bought the trailer by that point - obviously she wasn't going to tank those arrangements and move into Christine's.

I really hope Meri or Robyn offers Janelle storage space for her stuff. Did you hear Janelle say that there aren't any storage units available there? they both have decent sized houses and it would seem to be "sisterly" to offer to help out.

Thank you Dakota

I realize she knew about Christine's plans. But is she staying rather quiet about how she feels about Christine's move?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter