Sister Wives

Omg. First of all she didn’t physically cheat. Second of all, she is in a PLURAL marriage.
third of all. She is a human being.
C, mon. People can be unsure, shes allowed to be a fallible human.

I guess people have different views of infidelity based on their own experiences. To me, it's never an acceptable solution under any circumstance. Cheating doesn't have to be physical to classify as infidelity. Just my opinion.

I guess people have different views of infidelity based on their own experiences. To me, it's never an acceptable solution under any circumstance. Cheating doesn't have to be physical to classify as infidelity. Just my opinion.
Absolutely no gray area for me in what she did, either. By her own admission she would have left with the "man", had he actually been one. :rolleyes1 But then again, there may be a lot about the ethics of plural marriage I don't understand and perhaps what Meri did was within certain allowable standards? After all, didn't we just hear Kody invite Christine to find another man and bring him back to Flagstaff in order to prevent dismantling the family?

:confused: Confused about that whole issue with putting the kids to bed back in Utah. They were living communally then and isn't that what the other sister wives were for?
I would think so. But outside of Christine at some point being close with and watching Janelle’s kids while she worked, that doesn’t seem to have been how they operated otherwise. I would have liked to think that when Christine was pregnant (and apparently working outside the home) someone could have stepped up to help a little.

Is this timeframe when he was off courting Robyn? I can’t even wrap my head around that. Sorry honey, can’t help with all these kids. I have a date.

I am constantly surprised when the other wives don't know about something important, like the comments about telling the other wives Christine is leaving. It's quite a telling statement about how close they are NOT. If they had routine contact, they would have picked up on clues or actually talked about it.

I am constantly surprised when the other wives don't know about something important, like the comments about telling the other wives Christine is leaving. It's quite a telling statement about how close they are NOT. If they had routine contact, they would have picked up on clues or actually talked about it.

I feel like they stopped resembling a family when they moved to Flagstaff. It's basically a guy with 3 wives (because he rarely sees Meri), 3 families and a bunch more kids scattered around the country. There doesn't seem to be any cohesion among the wives. They don't seem to have much contact (especially during Covid isolation) and they don't seem to know what's going on with the others. Polygamy is portrayed so differently on Seeking Sister Wife. Those families actually live in the same houses, take care of the kids, cook together, etc. They act and look like families while the Browns haven't done so in years.

I think Cody uses covid as an excuse just to stay full time at Robyns’s. Even after Janelle’s entire household had covid, he still didn’t want to visit in case of one of them was reinfected. You’d think he’d admire his boys for having a good work ethic - not everyone can afford to just stay inside for two years. Having almost all healthcare workers in my family, we never had this luxury.

I think Cody uses covid as an excuse just to stay full time at Robyns’s. Even after Janelle’s entire household had covid, he still didn’t want to visit in case of one of them was reinfected. You’d think he’d admire his boys for having a good work ethic - not everyone can afford to just stay inside for two years. Having almost all healthcare workers in my family, we never had this luxury.
I've also heard Kody isn't vaccinated. So I can't take any of his Covid rants seriously.

Oh wow. I didn't know that.
Neither did I!

Anyone notice that Meri isn't in many interviews? I mean, is she even living in Flagstaff still? I follow her on IG and she's having lots of great adventures with her businesses so good for her :)

Ugh, Sobbin Robyn was at it again in this episode......

Neither did I!

Anyone notice that Meri isn't in many interviews? I mean, is she even living in Flagstaff still? I follow her on IG and she's having lots of great adventures with her businesses so good for her :)

Ugh, Sobbin Robyn was at it again in this episode......
You can tell Meri is at the B&B for hers. I have to keep reminding myself that the show is happening in 2020 but the interviews are more recent. They are all way past all that we’re watching now.

Kody is for sure an egotistical jerk but it takes two to tank a marriage. I was very frustrated that neither would take any accountability for their part in it. They are both masters at gaslighting each other. Both are toxic IMO. You can’t force someone to love you and that’s exactly what Christine tried to do. That said, Kody failed to be even a basic husband to her. Why he’s shocked that’s she’s over it is anyone’s guess. I do empathize with him about her taking Truly so far away. And I feel for Truly because she’s going from having a bunch of siblings to basically being an only child.

Janelle’s boys. One of them randomly came across my Tik Tok FYP the other day and he just RAKED Kody for what a crappy husband and father he is. I cannot fault them. Treats their mom like a second class citizen and wants to toss them out of the house in the middle of a pandemic. Like Janelle I’d choose my kids and my DH knows it. Kody seems stunned these moms are choosing their kids over him. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Robyn. Oy. You know I don’t have the hate some do for her but c’mon give me a break. She knows she’s the favorite. She knows her kids are the favorites. She’s the one with the real marriage license and no doubt thinks of herself as the real wife. You can *feel* that coming off of her. I think it’s not a coincidence that she’s complained about Janelle’s boys “picking on her” and Kody’s sudden animosity towards them. I’m just sayin.

Kody is something. He's so sure his kids don't like him because of the stuff going on with Christine. Yeah Kody, Ysabel hates you because of that and has nothing to do with you wanting her to stay in pain and not get back surgery. And because once she decided to have it he did absolutely nothing to be there to help her through it. Then he stands right there and says he's not sure he can help with her move to college because of Covid protocols.

Janelle saying her marriage was "adequate" was just painful to hear. Girl, grow a pair and follow Christine.

You can tell Meri is at the B&B for hers. I have to keep reminding myself that the show is happening in 2020 but the interviews are more recent. They are all way past all that we’re watching now.

Kody is for sure an egotistical jerk but it takes two to tank a marriage. I was very frustrated that neither would take any accountability for their part in it. They are both masters at gaslighting each other. Both are toxic IMO. You can’t force someone to love you and that’s exactly what Christine tried to do. That said, Kody failed to be even a basic husband to her. Why he’s shocked that’s she’s over it is anyone’s guess. I do empathize with him about her taking Truly so far away. And I feel for Truly because she’s going from having a bunch of siblings to basically being an only child.

Janelle’s boys. One of them randomly came across my Tik Tok FYP the other day and he just RAKED Kody for what a crappy husband and father he is. I cannot fault them. Treats their mom like a second class citizen and wants to toss them out of the house in the middle of a pandemic. Like Janelle I’d choose my kids and my DH knows it. Kody seems stunned these moms are choosing their kids over him. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Robyn. Oy. You know I don’t have the hate some do for her but c’mon give me a break. She knows she’s the favorite. She knows her kids are the favorites. She’s the one with the real marriage license and no doubt thinks of herself as the real wife. You can *feel* that coming off of her. I think it’s not a coincidence that she’s complained about Janelle’s boys “picking on her” and Kody’s sudden animosity towards them. I’m just sayin.
This was taped spring 2021.

Truely will actually be around more siblings in Utah than in Arizona.

It always irks me when a parent talks about "babysitting" their own kids. It was especially irksome when Kody said it, with the statement that he would rather pay $20 for a sitter and not miss a $200 sale. Part of being a real parent is taking care of your own kids, even when it doesn't fit your schedule. Just my opinion, tho, and I don't have any ill feeling for any parent that needs a sitter to do their job. None! However, I don't think he has ever been the kind of dad that takes care of them on a daily basis from how the family functions and he doesn't want to be in the daily custodial role. I saw it as just lip service and a wimpy excuse to not help with the kids.

This was taped spring 2021.

Truely will actually be around more siblings in Utah than in Arizona.
The first episode they said they were nine months into the pandemic. They were still taping stuff with their own phones. It feels like they’re jumping back and forth a bit. The timeline is confusing.

What siblings are in Salt Lake? I know a couple are in St. George but St. George and Salt Lake are four hours apart.

It always irks me when a parent talks about "babysitting" their own kids. It was especially irksome when Kody said it, with the statement that he would rather pay $20 for a sitter and not miss a $200 sale. Part of being a real parent is taking care of your own kids, even when it doesn't fit your schedule. Just my opinion, tho, and I don't have any ill feeling for any parent that needs a sitter to do their job. None! However, I don't think he has ever been the kind of dad that takes care of them on a daily basis from how the family functions and he doesn't want to be in the daily custodial role. I saw it as just lip service and a wimpy excuse to not help with the kids.
Considering how well Kody did "babysitting" Truely a few years back, the kids are probably much better off with the $20/hour babysitter.

The first episode they said they were nine months into the pandemic. They were still taping stuff with their own phones. It feels like they’re jumping back and forth a bit. The timeline is confusing.

What siblings are in Salt Lake? I know a couple are in St. George but St. George and Salt Lake are four hours apart.
This season was filmed in 2021. Christine moved to Utah in October of last year. Four of her children live near her in Utah: Aspen, Mykelti, Paedon and Truely.

And since Robyn has a nanny, I wonder why they also need a babysitter?

This season was filmed in 2021. Christine moved to Utah in October of last year. Four of her children live near her in Utah: Aspen, Mykelti, Paedon and Truely.

And since Robyn has a nanny, I wonder why they also need a babysitter?
I wasn’t arguing I was just going by the disclaimer at the beginning of the show and I believe it was Janelle saying they were 9 months into the pandemic. I was just pointing out the interviews seem well past the actual events.

I had no idea Mykelti moved to Lehi, I thought she was still in St. George. Still, having grown, married siblings in the same state is not the same as having siblings near your age in the same city. Of all the kids she was pretty much the last one to have all the moms and all the siblings around before everything went to hell. Robyn always kept her kids as *her* kids so I don’t think Sol had quite the same interaction. I don’t know, in all this for some reason she’s the one I feel the most for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter