• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

Speaking of that hug…did he change his clothes before walking in the door and getting that close to them? The kids and Robyn didn’t wait to find out if Kody was “safe” to touch. I didn’t notice, but were his shoes still on? Are those rules for everyone else, but not Kody?
I assumed that he stayed at Janelle's for a decontamination period before he headed back to Robyn :rolleyes:?

Can someone explain what "teflon-queen" means? Haven't had a chance to watch the newest episode yet.

I assumed that he meant, “ you all Blame Robyn for everything but nothing sticks to your mom.”

Which was just another example of how stupid and shortsighted Kody is. Janelle and Christine are devoted moms who are much loved by their children. Slamming his mom did nothing to help the conversation or relationship.

As far as why Kody quit even calling his kids often, I think it was partly anger and punishment, but I think he also became very comfortable in his monogamous life with Robin and her kids. He was fine ignoring them all with the pandemic as an excuse until filming started.

He was fine ignoring them all with the pandemic as an excuse until filming started.

makes me look back at all those times he seemed way over the top involved in the going's on of his adult children (i'm still skeeved he was present for the bathtub birth of his one grandchild) and wondering if it was all for filming opportunities.

I just thought of something else from this episode.... Did anyone catch on Christmas Eve someone was talking about Robyn‘s kids and how the yoin g ones were so confused as isolated they didn’t even remember who their siblings were? ***? How do you not realize all these kids are considered your siblings?

I guess I understand the complexity of such a huge family and gathering in Covid, but during the entire summer couldn’t they have gatherings at Coyote Pass? Or if being a family was so important to everyone couldn’t they all take a half hour out of each night and everyone Zooms each night at 7pm? Even have a schedule Monday night is Janelles family turn to share their news, Tues Christines family, etc.

Covid has brought a lot of people to realize the importance of their family, and some it has shed to light they really don’t want to be a family.

I just thought of something else from this episode.... Did anyone catch on Christmas Eve someone was talking about Robyn‘s kids and how the yoin g ones were so confused as isolated they didn’t even remember who their siblings were? ***? How do you not realize all these kids are considered your siblings?

I guess I understand the complexity of such a huge family and gathering in Covid, but during the entire summer couldn’t they have gatherings at Coyote Pass? Or if being a family was so important to everyone couldn’t they all take a half hour out of each night and everyone Zooms each night at 7pm? Even have a schedule Monday night is Janelles family turn to share their news, Tues Christines family, etc.

Covid has brought a lot of people to realize the importance of their family, and some it has shed to light they really don’t want to be a family.
Hello…never heard of Facetime?? No excuses…

So I’m finally watching the Christmas episode. I’m just going to bullet point this, because I don’t think I can make my thoughts flow. Plus, all my thoughts have a common theme.

Did Kody really…
*Tell his son that saying he’d take care of his mom if she got COVID was the “wrong answer?”
*Also basically complain about having to care for his wife if she got COVID, saying that he wouldn’t be able to do it?
*Ask his son why he was upset after he poured his heart out to him?
*Not hug his son when he was BEGGING for interaction?
*Basically completely ignore his son’s concerns?
(That entire conversation was so disheartening.)
[disclaimer - I’m not saying funerals aren’t important. Please don’t read that into these next comments]
*Say a funeral was more important than his family being together for the first time in nine months?
*Ignore all his protocols for a funeral but couldn’t do the same for his daughter’s surgery?
*Demand respect when he gives none?
*Basically say he controls everything, and that even questioning him (or really even just having a conversation about things) is disrespect?

There’s more. Oh, so much more. But those are the main ones I can articulate.

Last edited:

I just rewatched the episode. I don’t think that Ari forgot who Savannah is. I think Kody just put that spin on it. Ari asked whether her present was from “her or her” and pointed to Savannah and Breanna. She obviously knows who Breanna is. Once she was told it was from Savannah, she immediately said thank you to Savannah without any apparent confusion. It didn’t appear that Savannah needed to be pointed out to her. I think it was just a Kody sob story about how Janelle and Christine are tearing the family apart.

So I’m finally watching the Christmas episode. I’m just going to bullet point this, because I don’t think I can make my thoughts flow. Plus, all my thoughts have a common theme.

Did Kody really…
*Tell his son that saying he’d take care of his mom if she got COVID was the “wrong answer?”
*Also basically complain about having to care for his wife if she got COVID, saying that he wouldn’t be able to do it?
[disclaimer - I’m not saying funerals aren’t important. Please don’t read that into these next comments]
*Say a funeral was more important than his family being together for the first time in nine months?
*Ignore all his protocols for a funeral but couldn’t do the same for his daughter’s surgery?
*Basically say he controls everything, and that even questioning him (or really even just having a conversation about things) is disrespect?

There’s more. Oh, so much more. But those are the main ones I can
Definitely all of this. Plus, he just jumps into his truck and leaves his son alone out in the middle of nowhere. He doesn’t watch for him to get to his truck and makes sure that it starts and Gabe gets out ok. Gabe is still raw with emotion, too. Just ok, let’s go and makes himself scarce.

The more I think about Sunday’s episode the more I’m seeing stereotypical deadbeat/absentee parent behavior in Kody.

Don’t accept any responsibility for the poor relationship that you have with your older teen and adult children. Instead blame the moms. I mean it couldn’t be that you’re never around, do not stay in contact, let the moms handle every parenting situation so it must be their moms trash talking you.

Kids/ young adults know the score. They know who has been there. Hence, Christine is more important to Janelle’s kids than seeing Kody. Christine has been present and important in their lives. Kody has been absent.

Granted, keeping up with 18 children and 4 wives would be challenging but once Robyn was in the picture, it was clear that Kody wanted to be in one house and everyone else was an obligation. A pandemic gave him license to ignore the obligation more and more.

makes me look back at all those times he seemed way over the top involved in the going's on of his adult children (i'm still skeeved he was present for the bathtub birth of his one grandchild) and wondering if it was all for filming opportunities.
I kind of think it just depends on how much he likes the kid. And how obedient they have been toward him.

That's 100% on Robyn and Kody. It was up to them to give those kids access to their siblings, even if it was just virtual access. Or at the very least to be talking about them. That certainly makes it seem like all of Kody's other kids were just out of sight and out of mind.

Did Kody really…

There’s more. Oh, so much more. But those are the main ones I can articulate.
Feel better? ;)

I know I always do after putting it all down in writing after each episode.

One interesting thing nobody else has mentioned. When they came back from the funeral Jenelle met with Robyn on her patio and said (in talking head) something about Kody isolating at her house until they can get a negative covid test result. Said he stayed with her 10 days. And...there is Robyn coming over to bring ornaments. As if that was needed. She just couldn't handle her man being elsewhere that long.

Kody reminds me of a male lion in a pride. When his sons get close to adult age he banishes them. He only protects and is in charge of his ladies and their little babies. So Gabe will not get what he's seeking from Kody. He will only get nipped at and chased away. Kody is king of his ladies and his homes and his babies. And his adult sons are seen as a challenge to that kingdom. They need to go off and seek their own kingdoms in his mind. Boy, I'd love to hear Gabe and Garrisons thoughts on polygamy and if they plan to live that life.

Does anyone else find it interesting that Gabe (or Garrison), the 23 year old was able to purchase a house in Flagstaff for $320ishK and yet every single wife had a hard time finding an affordable house?

i'm guessing that it helped not 'needing' the biggest and most attractive house! i saw a few photos online-about 1400 sq. feet, 4 bedrooms, smallish backyard, not new by a long shot and i'm thinking somewhat of a fixer upper. PERFECT for a first home for a single young man. he's always seemed ready to put work into a project so i'm sure he will get stuff taken care of-and with 4 bedrooms he can easily rent some out to help with his mortgage payment. i don't think kody ever succeeded in finding anything i would consider affordable-at least one of wive's homes ran them $890K.

Definitely all of this. Plus, he just jumps into his truck and leaves his son alone out in the middle of nowhere. He doesn’t watch for him to get to his truck and makes sure that it starts and Gabe gets out ok. Gabe is still raw with emotion, too. Just ok, let’s go and makes himself scarce.

So awful.

It is astounding how the man can still shock me.

It is very clear Kody thinks if you are 18 you are a functioning adult and parenting is over. I guess it's possible you no longer need or wish for any parental guidance, but it seems shortsighted to think you'd have that many kids and none would need or want your involvement.

It is very clear Kody thinks if you are 18 you are a functioning adult and parenting is over. I guess it's possible you no longer need or wish for any parental guidance, but it seems shortsighted to think you'd have that many kids and none would need or want your involvement.
Unless you are having a baby... then you are a mandatory necessity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter