• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Size of Food at DW Parks - do you share?

We share meals all the time. Pecos Bills fajita plate (add an extra side of tortillas $2), the BBQ combo plate at Flame Tree BBQ, and the Chicken and Ribs plate at Cosmic Rays. There are also toppings bars for burgers at some restaurants which can beef up a burger that will be split in two.

Due to our budget, we a looking to at maybe sharing certain meals at DW Parks. I have seen vids of meals and sometimes they seem rather large for one person.

Do you share meals? How do you find the size of the meals?

Thankyou for all reponses.

40 days to go.... YAH
The size of the pre-plated meals at most WDW restaurants are the same typical sizes as at mainstream restaurants at home. They are appropriate for one person, not extremely light or extremely heavy. If you have no problem splitting meals at your local restaurants at home, you'll be fine doing so at Disney. If doing so would leave you hungry, then you'll be hungry at Disney, too.

We typically eat 2 table service meals per day at WDW, and one snack. We do not share meals. We are not overweight and we are not on diets, if that gives you any context. People who sit down for 3 full meals per day might be okay with sharing, but for us, two meals per day & a snack is just perfect, and pretty much mirrors the way we eat at home.

We share meals all the time. Pecos Bills fajita plate (add an extra side of tortillas $2), the BBQ combo plate at Flame Tree BBQ, and the Chicken and Ribs plate at Cosmic Rays. There are also toppings bars for burgers at some restaurants which can beef up a burger that will be split in two.

Thanks for the heads up on the extra tortillas! DH and I share fajitas from our local Mexican place all the time-he likes the meat and I the veggies. This looks like a good option for us with the extra tortillas :)

Our experience has been mixed. There are some places where we share - Flame Tree's BBQ combos, Tangerine Cafe's shawarma platter, 50s Prime Time's sampler plate, any of The Plaza's sandwiches (assuming you want dessert) - but also a lot of places where the portions aren't sharable without adding an appetizer or side to make the meal more substantial.

Our family does not share. We have not found any meals where DH and DS's would be happy if they had to share. Partly because we are good eaters and partly because everyone likes what they like and wants what they want. That being said, we seldom eat dessert (except for the Mickey bar as a snack later on!) and try to vary our meals daily between meals with fries and those without. I think the last time I tried to share a meal between DS's they were about 7-8 years old and it was not pretty ...!

We never share. For some reason I'm more hungry at WDW than I am at Home. We walk non-stop on our trip and I burn everything I eat off. Last trip I actually lost weight while eating 1 CS and 1 TS a day with deserts. Never had left overs.

I find the portions to be huge throughout WDW and often eat an app and a salad out of pure dining preference at TS. As mentioned, Tangerine Cafe and the nachos at RFC, I like to sit at the bar at the one at AK, are particularly huge. I don't usually do chain restaurants, but those are some good nachos, and 2 grown adults can't finish then even while grazing over drinks for a bit.

This is a topic that is so subjective here on Dis. DH and I don't share. I guess we could probably get by with ordering one of our burgers without fries and sharing those, but after a long, hot day of touring Disney, I couldn't imagine eating 1/2 a burger and some fries is all for my lunch.

This is a topic that is so subjective here on Dis. DH and I don't share. I guess we could probably get by with ordering one of our burgers without fries and sharing those, but after a long, hot day of touring Disney, I couldn't imagine eating 1/2 a burger and some fries is all for my lunch.

We wouldn't share a burger or sandwich either, but I've never had a burger at Disney.

We share sometimes. Also sometimes we'll get a few appetizers and desserts and call it a day (we're a family of 6) one thing I witnessed that made me very annoyed was a party of 3 sat at the same hibachi table as my family at Teppan Edo (sp?) the server asked for their order and they said to take ours first...I thought that was a little odd. We ordered then they ordered the EXACT thing we did....except...they then proclaimed that they were 'sharing' the meals. (There were 3 of them and they ordered 2 meals...). Well low and behold each member of their party received equal portions rice, noodles, and meats as my family!! So essentially they paid for 2 meals and my family paid for their 3rd by involuntarily splitting our divvied up portions with the non paying person.

We did share at lunch but I've always enjoyed the snacky stuff too. We would share a lunch but then have plenty of ice creams and pastries and things during the day. I miss that. DD is grown and DH isn't a sharer so I don't indulge in ginormous ice cream cookie sandwiches as often as I'd like to as I'd like to these days.

DH and I share all the time. Agreeing with a previous poster, I hate the feeling of being stuffed, especially in the September heat. We feel that most meals are big enough to split. The only QS that I won't share is the Mongolian beef from Sunshine Seasons, love that meal!!!

We tried this on our first trip to Disneyland but the problem was we never wanted to eat the same thing :crazy: After the first day we were ordering a meal each :crazy2:

I travel with extended family with good appetites...and sometimes we share, sometimes we don't. It really depends on the time of day, what we've done/snacked on before, and where we're eating. It's easy to share at 50's Prime Time, for example, because the servings are huge...but I won't share my sushi from Cali Grill with anyone who values their fingers.

Last edited:
We have found the last couple years that portions seemed to increase and we were throwing food away. Was just there a couple days and made a point of sharing and so glad we did.

Colombia Harbour House 3 of us shared 2 chicken nugget meals and we ordered an extra fries. DS1 got a meal minus a couple nuggets and his cole slaw. DS2 got meal (with slaw) minus 2 nuggets. I ate the 4 nuggets with the cole slaw and side of fries. All get free ice water.

Rizzo Pizzerio we got 2 Meatball Pizzas that came with caesar salads and waters. I took a 1/4 from each, they had 3/4 and DS2 and I had the salads.

We have shared at plenty of other places too and like PP stated. Share ... if hungry later share a snack. And we have also ordered kids meals.

My DH and I frequently share at WDW and sometimes even at home, too. Order whatever looks appetizing, add a side and a desert if the budget allows.

We never go to a park without protein bars in our bag. Split one of those if you're still hungry, or buy a treat to share.

You will be there during F&W. Those portions are small and expensive. Don't plan on staying on budget if you eat there!

You can use a grocery service such as Garden Grocer to have food delivered. Have breakfast items, snacks, fruit, veggies, etc. delivered. Bring an insulated lunch bag into the park filled with food. We found an insulated backpack at Wal-Mart for $7 for just this purpose. Bring a few plastic zipper bags from home to add ice from the machine to keep it cool.

The number one piece of advice: enjoy your trip! There is so much to see and do that you don't have to make food a priority.

The only place in Disney my husband and successfully share meals are at Epcot festival kiosks, where we each want to try a little bit of as much as possible, not necessarily fill up. We have attempted to share entrees (like at Flame Tree BBQ) and it was not a good idea...I was starving five minutes later!

I'm pretty small and can handle sharing things at home, irl...all the walking we do in Disney though?? I want my own meals, thank you very much! :mickeybar

While most food are shareable, all the standing/walking made us hungry! We ate at 3 Table Service restaurants during our day at MK, and we somehow still had stomach space for another restaurant at Disney Springs! I think we just like to eat lol

I either split an adult meal with my DS4, or we order two kids meals. Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. But kids meals offer the Mickey Check options which come with vegetables, grapes, carrots, apple juice, etc. "Healthier" options in terms of Disney food. I find we're usually full after splitting a meal without being stuffed - and I definitely don't want to walk around Disney stuffed. If we don't get enough to eat, I order more or we find a snack about an hour later. Splitting also leaves room for dessert!

So a adult can ordeal kids meal I am only asking because I eat like a bird

ETA paying out of pocket no dining plan for us

Fast trip plus dh is the only one that eats enough to justify it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter