Slide Mounts

PrincessNancy96

Scrapbook Mom
I'm fairly new to all this so I'm curious..

Do you make your own slide mounts? If so what type of paper do you use? Card stock and than cover other paper and embellishements?

Or is it just easier to go and buy them and than cover and embellish??

I just buy mine from bargainpack.com they have them in all colors and are like 8/$1.00. then they can be embellished or i use them plain sometimes because of the pretty colors.

I was wonder this too. My LSS had plastic ones. Do you just use them that way or cover them or use them as a template?

I use them as is -- I'm not big on altering things -- and my LSS has a slide mount die that can be used to make a slide out of pp. I have been wanting to check to see if Sizzix has a slide mount die because I think I would use it a lot. :teeth:

--Katie

because i can get them so reasonably i just use them like that. i tried using them as a template but they were too hard to cut out evenly. i got a xyron personal cutting system with the slide mount diecut but using that product is a whole different story!!!

sakura-panda said:
I use them as is -- I'm not big on altering things -- and my LSS has a slide mount die that can be used to make a slide out of pp. I have been wanting to check to see if Sizzix has a slide mount die because I think I would use it a lot. :teeth:

--Katie

I have the Sizzix one that's called "Frame, Slide Mounts & Coin Holder." I've used it quite often already. I noticed recently that they have a larger one now - both are the large size & run about $14.99 before coupons etc.

I found an old box of white slides in the garage that I've gotten alot of mileage out of! I like to embellish them w/ ribbon, etc., and then print out a date/place, or title. I've also purchased the colored variety and done the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter