slo’s FRIDAY 11/10 poll - K-Cups ☕️

K-Cups….Do you brew them at home & what type do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• I brew K-Cups at home often

Votes: 41 30.4%
  • I brew K-Cups at home sometimes

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I brew K-Cups at home rarely

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I do not brew K-Cups at home

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • I brew regular coffee

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • I brew decaf coffee

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I make hot tea

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • I make another type of hot drink (example: hot apple cider) - please post what

Votes: 18 13.3%
  • I don’t drink any type of hot beverage

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 13 9.6%

• Total voters
We don't have a K cup. I have used them in hotel rooms. We have a Braun drip coffee pot that we have had about 25+ years, I think it was the first thing we ever purchased off Amazon when they went into business in 1995.
Before we retired, we only made a pot of coffee on Thanksgiving and Christmas for the most part. When we retired we make a pot almost every day. And we keep instant coffee for when one of us just wants one cup. But we worked in TV newsrooms our entire careers, home of the worst coffee on the planet. It was hot, had caffeine and was free, that was all that mattered when you work 11 pm to 7 am.

We have a Keurig but it's almost only ever used by DS for fancy, flavored drinks or for serving the occasional cup of decaf to visitors. I drink A LOT of coffee, so it's made by the 10-cup pot, drip-style into a thermal carafe. We used to also have a Keurig system at my work but it's since been replaced by some other thing where you just push buttons for by-the-cup selections.

I don’t drink coffee and don’t have any kind of coffeemaker at home. We had a Keurig at work and one of the things they provided for us was hot chocolate, so I would drink that occasionally. I am a tea drinker and kind of picky about my tea.

Personally I find K-Cups to be the biggest scam ever.
For the most part they use pretty bad coffee IMO - and the cost per cup is just too high.
Yes they are very convenient but the selection of coffees is surprising limited in my experience.
We had them back in the olden days when I went into an office ;)

I do use Nepresso pods in some cases - you can get pretty good pods from espressotiamo - you can often get deals on the "expired" ones that pretty much last forever since they are in nitrogen.
I use them when I am stuck - like at a family members house or at a hotel if there is a machine.
I've been looking at a portable brewer that is smaller than a thermos but cant justify the expense currently. they are like $140 and I wont use it all that often so seems like a waste.

Then there is all the waste with those pods - everyone complaining about waste and plastic bags etc... but they rarely bring up k-cups or Nepresso pods. At least I I can reuse the plastic bags.
Oh and those refillable reusable k-cups - total PITA.

I prefer the ese pods but not really used in the states much - again I used to buy them from espressotiamo - but not for quite a while.

At home I invested in a super automatic espresso machine I've had for about 10+ years now.
I buy bulk espresso beans - again from espressotiamo or amazon depending on the price - unlimited options and whole beans last quite a while - The machine grinds them and makes the expresso and does a very good job.
I feel its come out cheaper overall than pods over the life of the machine.
Its hard to pay that money up front I know - but over time I feel I got my money's worth.

We exclusively use kcups. Dh & I don't care for the same brand so it works best for us. I usually drink one per day and dh drinks two. Everybody always says how expensive they are but we have them on subscription from Amazon and they're not that expensive especially if you compare them to buying coffee out every day. Back when we had a regular Mr. Coffee we would never finish a pot and so it was very wasteful.

We have a refillable kcup as well and occasionally we will buy some specialty coffee beans and grind them and make that in place of our regular kcups.

We had a Keurig before the unit was released to the public and loved it. After it went kaput, we bought another one. By that time, k cups began to get expensive and that coffee. maker did not last longs. I bought one more and after that one broke in less than a year - no more Keurigs. We have a Ninja Coffee maker which has worked well for years.

We never use K-Cups. I make a regular old pot of coffee, Folger's Classic Roast with a bit of salt sprinkled on top of the grounds like my uncle taught me to make it from his navy days. It's a Mr. Coffee. I sometimes make hot tea, but we have an electric kettle for that.

I have a Keurig and K cups at home and the office. Probably average three or four times a year in total. The kids will make hot cider or hot chocolate, the wife will make chai and my mother uses it more than the rest of us combined for her 4-5 cups per day when she's visiting.

We use a Keurig almost exclusively these days because DW and I like a variety of flavors. We also have a reusable container for it for ground coffee.

100% K-cup use at home. Big one in the kitchen, smaller one in the master bath.

I buy various brands depending what’s on sale.

I like the idea of another upstairs. Our bedroom is on the 3rd floor. I’ll suggest it to DW. We’ll need a small fridge for the creamers.

When I brew at home I use half-caf that I mix myself with whole beans. However, I often drink coffee out with friends which you didn't have as an option. K-cups are a big no for me due to the waste.

I use my good old Mr Coffee daily and will pull the keurig out on the holidays for guests to make their own hot chocolate, decaf or choose their own coffee flavor. Personally I haven't found a lot of kcups I like--french roast or midnight blend are the only ones that don't seem like weak brown water to me.

We used to keurig for years, but no longer. The cost became too much for me to justify, as well as the waste of all the little plastic cups. We have a smaller, regular coffee pot that works better for DH's two cups a day. The keurig is still there, but it's really just a hot water dispenser for tea or cocoa.

At 5:16pm (CST) the brewing K-Cups at home is winning at 41 to brewing at home at 34. This has been tight poll results today 🙂

We brew two, 12 cup pots of Folgers Black Silk (or Trader Joe's dark roast) in our Cuisinart coffee maker every morning for 4 of us. If anyone wants more coffee when that runs out, or wants coffee later in the day, we use K-cups. My rule of thumb is I have to be able to buy the K-cups for 50cents a cup or less. Right now for K-cups, we have Trader Joe's French Roast, Folgers Black Silk (DD's favorite), Green Mountain Dark Magic, and Starbuck's Sumatra. We also have the little "pack your own" k-cup basket that DH uses with Black Silk. OH! I just remembered- our coffee maker grinds coffee automatically, so on the weekends we set it up with beans at night and a "start brew" time and voila! Coffee from freshly ground beans is ready when we get up!

Yeah, we like dark coffee here!

Last edited:
My rule of thumb is I have to be able to buy the K-cups for 50cents a cup or less.
I try to do that too, but have been lazy lately. 😕 I do have good luck sometimes at Ocean State Job Lot (not sure how far up into Maine they go, but I remember one in Biddeford at least.)

Love my Nespresso !!!! and they make it real easy to recycle....send pods back with a prepaid UPS label on a bag. Always send a big bag back. Love my lattes and capps...... DH has his flavored coffee (Nespresso)... YUM.... :coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter