slo’s FRIDAY 4/14 poll - Going to the Zoo

Going to the Zoo - When was your last visit?

• This year - 2023

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • December - July 2022

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • June - January 2022

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • December - July 2021

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • June - January 2021

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • 2018 or before

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • I’ve never been to a zoo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I think it was 2019 at the San Diego zoo. Ever since Covid I’m thrown off by what year we did what. I’ll just say it was about 1/2 year before covid.

last year.....maybe Oct.
I buy DD an annual pass. It lets her take another adult and up to 4 kids. I go as the extra adult sometimes.
We have a local zoo that 50 years ago it was little more than a duck pond and 4 or 5 animals. It was great, go shopping , stop in at zoo for 20 mins. It was free, but asked for donations.

And then it grew. Now it’s big enough to spent several hours there. And something like entrance fee of $15-$18 per person.

Every year we buy a family plus membership, ….us, 6 grandchildren, a few guests beside. But still only go every few years. We just think of it as a donation, not that we’d “ be getting our money’s worth “.

We have the free zoo, an amazing one, in St Paul. Absolutely love the place, and, since the Conservatory is there with all the humidity and palm trees, I spend a lot of time there in the winter. So...it was within the last month that we were there. If you are ever in St Paul, don't miss it!

If you're going to come to Ohio to visit a zoo, you need to come to Cincinnati before Columbus. The Cinti Zoo is rated 3rd top zoo in the United States and during Xmas it's voted the #1 zoo for their decorations.
Thank you for this….since we’re in Indiana, going to Ohio is very doable 🙂👍🏼

We were at our local zoo (Cleveland) two weeks ago. When the kids were younger, we used to have a membership. Now that they are the ripe old ages of 11 & 9, we only go on Mondays with nice weather, if they are out of school--since it is free to residents of the county.

The Columbus Zoo is worth a trip. We go at least once a summer. If you happen to consider the Cincinnati Zoo you should really do a day at the Newport Aquarium, too. It's just over the OH/KY border.

It's been so many years I can't remember, that is unless you count AK, which I am very adamant about not being "just" a zoo. We have a tiny little local zoo with things like chickens and goats but I haven't been there since my son was little, maybe 30 years. I live about a hour and half from Atlanta and have never been to the Atlanta zoo. We tend to go more to aquariums then zoos.

I'm not a fan of most traditional zoos. I think the last time I was at the LA Zoo was as a summer camp counselor with a group of campers. Cousins enjoy regular visits to their zoo for exercise and enjoying the animals, too.

I last was at our local zoo (Cleveland) summer 2021 for the Asian lights festival (I think that is what it’s called). It’s very pretty, although if you only go after dark, you’re really not seeing any animals.

Like you @slo, I also enjoy watching the Secrets of the Zoo, although I usually catch it on Animal Planet. They have different city zoos featured at different times.

I have not visited a zoo since school field trips (which ironically enough were to the Columbus Zoo).

DH and I are members of the Philadelphia zoo. We live about a 10 minute drive from the zoo. I think the zoo is excellent and the membership benefits are well worth the cost. Especially because we live so close it's great on a nice day to just go for an hour or two. The also offer a variety of after hour events that are well done. But I'm also zoo person and like to check out zoos in other cities.

Last time I went to the zoo was years ago. I think it was the one in Osnabrück, Germany. I'm thinking of checking out Zoo Tampa this summer. I've never been before but it looks really nice.

OTHER:

I can’t remember the last time that I went to an actual zoo. Probably on a field trip with one of my children’s classes.

The Animal Kingdom Park has been my zoo for the last 12 years. The last time I was there was in 2017.

I love the zoo!!! I think my latest visit was June 2022, with my cousin's little girls. I've been to several around here (MA & RI) and also Utica, NY, the Smithsonian National Zoo, and of course Animal Kingdom (which I think does count - it's kind of a "Zoo+").

We love zoos and are lucky enough to live a half hour from one and an hour from another that we go to a few times a year and when we are on vacation if that city has a zoo or aquarium we just have to visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter