slo’s MONDAY 2/19 poll - Cheerios 🥣

Cheerios - Do you eat them and what flavor do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• Yes - I eat Cheerios

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • No - I do not eat Cheerios

Votes: 33 30.0%
  • Regular/Original

Votes: 49 44.5%
  • Honey Nut

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • Multi-Grain

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Frosted

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Cinnamon or Apple Cinnamon

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Chocolate or Chocolate Peanut Butter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Blueberry or Very Berry

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other - please post your answer (there are other flavors that I don’t have room to post)

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
As a kid, plain Cheerios were my favorite cereal. I never have liked sugar or fruit added to my cereal and I never cared for sweet cereals, either. We usually have a box of plain Cheerios or Special K on hand.

We don't eat Cheerios, but our dogs do! We use the plain Cheerios as treats because they are low-calorie and the dogs just care that they're getting a snack.

If you're going to use Cheerios for puppy/dog training, make sure they are the real Cheerios and not a knock-off brand. The knock-offs use xylitol and other fake sugars instead of real sugar. The fake sugars can make a dog really ill and even kill.

I really don't like milk so I haven't eaten cereal since I was a kid(when I didn't get to choose what I ate.) When I did eat cereal it was usually Captain Crunch.
Ah Captain Crunch, the cereal that shreds the roof of your mouth. And if your survive that, the 17g of sugar put you in a diabetic coma. But delicious just the same.

I like the honey nut for breakfast. If I'm trying to keep sweets out of the house, I'll get a box of chocolate Cheerios. A small bowl makes a nice little dessert.

Ah Captain Crunch, the cereal that shreds the roof of your mouth
The secret is to let CC soak in the milk for just the right amount of time, it takes the sharp edges off.
Precision is everything, and likely something most people aren't up for before breakfast.:earboy2:

The secret is to let CC soak in the milk for just the right amount of time, it takes the sharp edges off.
Precision is everything, and likely something most people aren't up for before breakfast.:earboy2:
Well, that doesn't remove the 17g of sugar, but now that I am retired I do have the time to let the Captain soak.

I learned later that day that the box itself was from our last trip, but the cereal inside was stale so my mom bought store brand and put it in the real Cheerios box, thinking DH would never notice! He was SO RELIEVED!

I should add that, given the price of cereal, DH will now eat store-brand honey nut and store-brand multigrain, but if he is having original Cheerios, they MUST be CHEERIOS!
Like I posted earlier, I actually like store brand version of Cherrios because they have less sugar and a oatier flavor. Same with Corn Flakes, the Great Value ones have a bit of a malty flavor that is nice.
Slightly off topic, my wife's Grandparents got into an argument. Grandma got mad and poured the contents of his box of Post Raisin Brand into a bowl, picked out the raisins and put just the flakes back in the box. Grandpa notices, wrote a letter of complaint to post. Got coupons for two free boxes, so it kind of backfired.

Cheerios were introduced on May 2, 1941 and many of us were raised eating them. Some of us still eat them.
How about you……

Do you eat Cheerios cereal?
If yes….what flavor(s) do you enjoy eating?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I do enjoy eating Cheerios a few times a week. I mainly eat Honey Nut Cheerios, but I have been known to eat the frosted once in awhile.

View attachment 835230
Have you tried the Veggie Cheerios? I'm still undecided on them. Not sure if they are new, or I just saw them for the first time.

I can easily be a cereal junkie. I love cereal,. :laughing: But, so many carbs. I do like plain Cheerios, have not had the others. We currently do not have a box in the house. :(

I'm not a cereal fan for the most part, but I do like original plain Cheerios every now and then as a snack treat. I just eat them plain, no milk or anything added to them. Maybe a few times a year.

I like the new Cheerios Oat Crunch flavors especially the oats n honey and cinnamon flavors.

Plain Cheerios are my go to, sometimes with sliced banana. I keep a box of honey nut for DS when he’s overslept and needs a quick breakfast. I also like bringing the single servings to Disney or camping for a quick and filling breakfast.

DH likes regular Cherrios and the Multigrain too. I will mix Honey Nut with one of the other two with some sort of berries once a week. DH enjoys mixing cereals all non-sweet. Chex( rice, corn & wheat) , Shredded Wheat , Corn Flakes & Wheaties.
We have an Oxo container he mixes them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter