slo’s THURSDAY 9/28 poll - Kielbasa/Polish Sausage

Kielbasa/Polish Sausage - What’s your opinion of it and how often do you eat it? (m.c.)

• I love it ❤️

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • I like it 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • It’s just ok 😐

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • It’s edible 😶

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I don’t like it 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I eat it multiple times a year

Votes: 37 33.6%
  • I eat it once in awhile - not that often

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • I eat it rarely

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • I never eat it

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Kielbasa is the topic of today’s poll due to me making this last night….
IMG_1297.jpeg

Which leads me to ask…..

What is your opinion of Kielbasa/Polish Sausage?
How often do you eat it regardless if it’s at home or somewhere else?
(multiple choice)

For Me…..I ❤️❤️❤️ polish sausage! I make the sandwiches above, I serve It with Pierogies, my DH makes an awesome sausage and sauerkraut and I have a few other things I do with it. Love it! We eat it here about every two months or about 6 times a year.

IMG_1296.jpeg

I used to think it was just okay, but my DH found some Hot Pepper Cheese Kielbasa at a local butcher and now I love it. We eat it grilled, cooked over the fire pit with the neighbors, sliced and fried in a pan with eggs or pierogi and sometimes just sliced with crackers during a game.

We eat it more in the hockey playoffs, summer and football season—maybe 10 times a year.

I do like it I like it barbecued I like it in my jambalaya I like it with potatoes and sauerkraut as a general rule I don’t eat it by itself normally I usually cook it into something so I usually have some in my freezer all the time and then I’ll eat it several times throughout the year I had it as a kid and I liked it !

We used to eat it a lot, but the amount of fat and salt has now made it once in a while. (on another note, for all the food we skip for our health, we should both weigh 120 lbs and be the picture of health.....sadly nope)

Our church used to have a Sunday night fellowship once a month. Sliced kielbasa in sauerkraut was my go to dish.

Tom and I are of Polish heritage and we both enjoy it. My DSis loves “‘bassy and eggs” for breakfast since she was a little girl!

Kielbasa is one of the dishes we serve when we host Coast Guard recruits on Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have them as guests for two meals, and lunch is always a Polish heritage assortment of foods. Kielbasa has been a favorite!

I love it. When I was a kid it was a staple. We always ate it with Kraft Mac and Cheese. At some point my mom even stopped serving it separately and she would just slice up the polish sausage, sauté it in the skillet and then mix it in the mac and cheese.

Honestly, I’ve only had it once or twice and it was not to my liking, My family is Italian-American, so I grew up eating Italian sausage and that’s what I make (prefer the sweet over spicy).

We like it, although neither of us have any ethnic connection to Eastern European food. It’s good cold on a snack tray, warmed and covered in sauerkraut or in a few other recipes I make.

I like them but don't just eat them, they are in a lot of recipes I use.
My chili has them in it. My Split Pea soup has them. Wiener Kraut is one we like and eat fairly often.

We eat it fairly often, my dad's side of the family is all Polish. For dinner it's usually keilbasa with buttered egg noodles and corn. My grandmother used to slice it up and fry it in a pan.
I usually eat it on Easter because I don't like ham.

I helped my grandmother make kielbasa from scratch in her kitchen when I was young. We used it eat it more often when we could get the "real thing", which means kielbasa from a Polish grocer. I haven't eaten it in years, though. I like bratwurst from our local butcher better. The coarsely ground meat in kielbasa can be a bit of a turn off. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter