slo’s TUESDAY 7/5 poll - Summer Vacation

Summer Vacation - Who’s going or who’s been?

• I’ve already been on vacation in June

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • I’m going on vacation in July

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • I’m going on vacation in August

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer (I went earlier this year)

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer (I’m going later this year)

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I am not going on vacation this summer

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • We are undecided about going on a summer vacation

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • We had to cancel our summer vacation

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t go on vacations

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 11 10.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Who‘s going on a summer vacation this year?
Who went on a summer vacation this year?
I‘m considering June - August as summer.

For Me……Not Me :sad2:
The last summer vacation we went on was 7 years ago when DH and I went to Vegas for our 20th wedding anniversary. We normally always go on vacation other times of the year - our last vacation was November 2021. The only summer getaways we go on are to our DD18’s softball tournaments and those are not relaxing - LOL!
126E6782-AE77-4EAC-B3F6-337DB8E597E0.png

We will be going to Mackinaw City for a few days with the grandkids in August. It will be our 23rd trip up there. :)
My parents love it there.
This is on my list of places to go once my poor 14 year old Sophie dog is no longer with us.

I went in May so I’m good ! I wish I was getting in a Fall vacation but that’s not going to happen ☹️

Other- my husband and I usually take a spring vacation and always in October around our wedding anniversary- Barbados this year for our 30th anniversary
No kids so have the flexibility

I am going to the beach for a few days later this month. My sister lives near the beach and her birthday is later this month.

I'm going to Hilton Head Island with my parents and sister in August. We're staying at the Disney resort and are just spending days at the beach - a pretty laid back vacation.

We’ve already been on our primary vacation for this summer—an awesome, late June trip to the Black Hills, Badlands National Park, and Devil’s Tower National Monument. All very cool!

We generally vacation early, before the more active part of hurricane season. I want to be here if I need to prepare our property and assist our friends and neighbors.

Usually do our bigger vacations outside of the summer months, although we do enjoy a long weekend now and then over the summer.

I went on a 7-night solo trip to my favorite happy place, Mackinac Island❤️
We did a 5-night camping trip with DH’s sister and brother-in-law in June.
We have nothing planned for July.
In August we have a 3-night airbnb place in Frankenmuth reserved for my birthday, a 5-night camping trip at Hartwick Pines, a 5-night camping trip at our favorite campground in Sault Ste. Marie, and a 3-night lodge stay at a state park in Indiana.
Plus we spend as much time as we can at our 30-acres up north. We keep our 5th wheel camper up there year round, and have a smaller travel trailer for other trips. Family and friends camp with us quite often too. It’s so peaceful, we’ve had it 14 years and our son is building a grain bin cabin at the back of the property.
Then, to finish out the year I have another solo trip to Mackinac Island for 6 nights.
We love vacationing! 😁❤️

Other. We used to do a big 2 or 3 week summer vacation every year, but lately we've been doing two separate weeklong trips every summer. This summer, one trip in July, one in August. And a few random long weekends through out the year. We also do a week in Florida for spring break. DH and I get a lot of vacation leave.

I'm on vacation in Chincoteague, VA right now. Love it. We're hitting the beach most days. I'm crispy.

And we're going to Dorado, PR in August for a week. Staying at a beach front hotel. So excited.

Went on a nice local weekend family trip in May. We were planning some other family trips over the summer but they are on pause because of the airline mess, do I want to visit places, yes, do I want to spend a few days in an airport for $1000 in unusable tickets where they won't give us room for cancelled and overbooked flights, that's a sharp no. Possibly traveling in August but waiting to see, not feeling all that much trust these days which is fighting my urge to travel so on the fence. We have rooms booked at WDW for winter, I even have a ton in Disney reward dollars to put into it but I am feeling very twitchy about committing to flights, gonna need an expanse of calm to jump in with both feet & so far that's a nope. Airline behavior is the biggest deterrent right now, pretty much watching and waiting from the fence.

I voted other. We went to WDW in January, and have a trip to the beach planned in late September.

We alway go away for a couple of weeks in the summer.

Have a 5th wheel trailer. Traded our old one in that took a year to get due to covid. Took it out once found out the air doesn’t work had to order a board for it. Going to take 6 to 8 weeks to get the part. With the heat we are getting it’s a no go. Fall camping if all goes well.

Gas prices don’t help either…lol

We did a short trip in early June to Colorado with our younger son. Older son is working all summer, so doesn't have the time off. And once August starts, HS soccer gets rolling, so we're not going anywhere until late October after that.

DD, me and grand kids went on an Alaskan cruise June 13-20.

Nothing else planned until mid Sept. when DH and I go on the same cruise, same ship. More quiet time then, I hope

No “vacation” is planned for summer. However, we’re going away for long weekends in both July and August; Virginia in July and Hershey/Lancaster in August.

We own a rental condo in OCMD. A week is still available in late August. If no one rents, we’ll probably stay there and I’ll work from “home.”

Next full vacation is Key West and other Florida in October or November. We’re trying to arrange the entire trip using reward points.

No summer vacation - we never travel at this time of year because I cover my staff for their vacations and it’s a super-hectic time at work. We took trips (some together and some separately) last December and this February, March, April, May and June. Lots of vacations now that things have opened back up a little! :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter