• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s VALENTINE’S DAY 2/14 poll - Valentine’s Day Gifts 💕

Valentine’s Day Gifts - Are you buying any and who for? (m.c.)

• Yes - I bought a gift(s)

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • Yes - I will be buying a gift(s)

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • No - I will not be buying any gifts

Votes: 61 52.6%
  • For my spouse

Votes: 27 23.3%
  • For my significant other

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • For my boyfriend or girlfriend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For my child(ren)

Votes: 29 25.0%
  • For a parent

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • For a friend or someone else

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 12 10.3%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Today is Valentine’s Day and Ash Wednesday - that doesn’t happen very often.

Are you, or did you, buy any Valentine’s Day gifts this year?
If yes….who for?
(multiple choice)

💕 Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! 💕

For Me…..I bought a Subway gift card and sent it to DD20 at college - she should be receiving it today. I will be buying a bag of sugar free Reese’s peanut butter cups for DH later today. Have any of you tried these? Are they any good? That‘s the extent of my gift giving :goodvibes
IMG_1565.png

Yes presents.
DS, DIL, DD and 2 grand children.
DH and I are departing on a cruise today. That's our present.
Valentine's day is important to me since it was my mother's birthday.

Russell Stover makes good sugar free candy. They are all okay.
I would rather have less and have the "good ones"

I got hubby his favorite chocolate that is hard to find and I got our son a military dress up outfit (he loves costumes). Hubby got me some British chocolate I love (we are in USA). Yesterday was my birthday so we keep it relatively low key.

My sister and I always buy a new calendar (March-March) for my mother for Valentine's day. It has photos of the grandkids in it. Now that they're all pretty much grown (college age +) it's getting harder to collect the photos but we still try. It also has important dates on it -- family birthdays and anniversaries, school breaks, etc.

I got my daughter and my husband each a little of their favorite candies.

That's the extent of my gift-giving.

DH and I no longer do gifts or cards. Not that we don't care for each other. Excuse me while I climb on my soap box. That sound is knees creaking..

What is love?

Love is replacing the toilet paper before it runs out. Love is turning on the mattress warmer, even though you prefer a cool bed. Love is leaving the bathroom door closed after taking a shower, so the room is warm when I go in to take shower. Love is taking over the outdoor chores when you can no longer do it. Love is waking up to an empty sink. Love is saying you're proud of the other when they handle a tough situation.

Now someone get me down off this thing before I fall and break a hip..

Yes presents.
DS, DIL, DD and 2 grand children.
DH and I are departing on a cruise today. That's our present.
Valentine's day is important to me since it was my mother's birthday.

Russell Stover makes good sugar free candy. They are all okay.
I would rather have less and have the "good ones"
Good to know - thank you!
I’ll look for this 🙂👍🏼

Have a fun & safe cruise :sail:

@slo I 100% agree about the Russell Stover sugar-free candy. Sometimes I can get them at Dollar Tree- YAY- but will pay more at Target or the grocery store if it means having the "better" stuff.

We really don't do valentines day gifts, at least officially.

I will usually make chocolate covered strawberries, but only if we can get good strawberries at a fair price, no such luck this year.

Still I always pick up something small regardless or do something. I put in a garage door opener this week, got a great deal on it for $67 at Lowes. So I told her it was her gift, and she is quite happy with it - having to have the key and opening the door was something that was always an annoyance to her.

We don't do cards or flowers as they are overpriced at the holiday and cards are a waste.

I’ve turned into a real bah-humbug type with Valentine’s Day. I’ll buy candy and such after it goes on sale if there’s still anything decent in the days after, but I’m more likely to jump forward and sink money into Cadbury Easter eggs and stopped doing anything on the day in general several years ago.

I’ve turned into a real bah-humbug type with Valentine’s Day. I’ll buy candy and such after it goes on sale if there’s still anything decent in the days after, but I’m more likely to jump forward and sink money into Cadbury Easter eggs and stopped doing anything on the day in general several years ago.
yeah, we pretty much always buy stuff after the holidays at 75% off... but there is less and less of it every year :(

Most of the holidays are made up anyway..so may as well do it at our convenience.
In the past we really only did it for family and young kids...so no need anymore.

I voted other - I give valentine's day card to my 6 grandchildren. They each get a card with ($/parents save for them) and some other small item. Favorite cookies/chocolates/candy or a game gift card.

My husband and I don't do cards/gifts for birthdays/holidays anymore. We buy what we want, when we want. We do surprise each other here and there during the year with something big or small. I had to convince my husband to stop buying flowers, chocolate/jewelry/gifts a few years ago. I rather go out to eat (and not on the holiday date), spend $ on vacation or some other experience with my kids/grandchildren.

I'm gonna go to the animal shelter for a bunch of hugs, licks and pets with a bunch of tail wagging and running involved.
The cats will just kinda stare at me letting me know they are okay with my existence too.
That will be the extent of my valentines day gifting. :)

DH and I no longer do gifts or cards. Not that we don't care for each other. Excuse me while I climb on my soap box. That sound is knees creaking..

What is love?

Love is replacing the toilet paper before it runs out. Love is turning on the mattress warmer, even though you prefer a cool bed. Love is leaving the bathroom door closed after taking a shower, so the room is warm when I go in to take shower. Love is taking over the outdoor chores when you can no longer do it. Love is waking up to an empty sink. Love is saying you're proud of the other when they handle a tough situation.

Now someone get me down off this thing before I fall and break a hip..
Your comment made me think of....

https://www.artfulaspreycartoons.co.uk/love-is/

We exchange cards (a gift price-wise nowadays). I did get DH a bar of super-dark chocolate (his favorite).

Got macarons for DD (but found out they didn't have insides -- it was just the cookies). She was wanting to make them for her BF when he visits her this weekend -- she hadn't made them before. So now she only needs to make the insides, much easier.

Got some chocolate covered oreos for my mother, just something small to let her know I was thinking about her. It's her first valentines day without my father.

DH is singing for an Ash Wednesday service tonight. I'm not going, so I'm not sure what we're going to do for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter