slo’s WEDNESDAY 3/6 poll - Phone Tracking 📲

Phone Tracking - What’s Your Opinion, Does someone follow you, Who do you follow? (m.c.)

• I like it

Votes: 29 34.5%
  • I’m just ok with it

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • I do not like it

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Someone follows me - please post who

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Nobody follows me - please post if it’s because you won’t allow it

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I follow my child(ren) or grandchild(ren)

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I follow my spouse or S.O.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I follow my friend(s) - (many of our young DIS friends follow friends)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I follow my parent(s)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Phone Tracking - some love it and some absolutely hate the idea of it. This poll today welcomes friendly conversation about this topic. There’s many that don’t know that much about it and may like to ask questions. All I ask is that we don’t insult people for their opinions on this topic. So tell us…..

What is your opinion on phone tracking?
Do you allow anyone to follow you?
Who do you follow?
(multiple choice)

For Me……I like phone tracking. I think it’s a great feature when used in a non-controlling environment. Everything on the phone can be abused when used in a negative way, and phone tracking is definitely one of them. My DH and I don’t follow each other, but my DD20 and I do. If my DH wanted us to follow each other I would, but it would be hard to buy him surprise gifts if he knew where I was - LOL! I don’t look at my DD’s location all the time, but I do look at it before I FaceTime her or call her. If I see she’s somewhere that wouldn’t be good for her to do FaceTime, then I’ll text her or wait until later. If she try’s to call me and I don’t answer, she’ll look at my location to see where I am. If I’m somewhere that I can’t take her call then she’ll text me and ask me to call her when I leave. This system really works very well for us.

IMG_3258.jpeg

I have no idea how to do it. But DH and I are always almost within shouting distance. Different floors at home or church. Different aisles at grocery store. That's about it.

I don’t care for it I can see how it works well for you and that’s awesome
When used in a good way I’m all for this

I’ll just saying the last two years I learned a lot about phones and things you can do to them that never should be allowed I won’t get into all of it but it was literally mind blowing and some of these things once they’re done they can’t be undone and they can’t be traced

I'm fine with it for anyone who mutually agrees to use it, but I don't think my family follows each other. (I say that because I haven't turned it on :scratchin ...but I also haven't turned it off, so if it's the default on our plan, I guess we do. I am not "techy".)

I can see why people would feel it was too much, but I can also see it being very reassuring. To each their own.

I like it the same as SLO. We are a family of five with all my kids in their early to mid 20’s and follow each other. I also follow my elderly Dad who is 84 and lives alone. We really only use it to see where someone is if we are going to meet up or call or FaceTime.

In today’s crazy world, it also provides a little peace of mind to know that God forbid anything ever happened to someone while driving or traveling alone just knowing their last location could help a lot.

I don't use tracking to keep tabs on anyone. I was glad I had it when there was a medical emergency and I needed to find someone who didn't know where they were. Without that I would not have been able to find them. So, I use it for emergencies, but since you never know when there will be an emergency, I have it on all the time.

I don't use it and I don't think anyone in my family does. I could see turning it on for certain situations (like college aged girls going on dates sharing location with friends, that would've been nice back in the day).

My husband, teen daughter and I can track one another.

It was especially useful when my daughter lost her phone at school. She called me from her friend’s phone and I could see that her phone’s location appeared to be in the middle of the road. Yep. She found it. Smashed to bits. Lol. But the tracking still worked. :thumbsup2

Never heard of it.
I do not want people following me and I don't want to follow anyone.
Same here. Now, when we bought our Toyota 3 years ago, for an extra free you can track where the car is. I guess if my car ever got stolen I could sign up then to help the Police find the car. But how does that work if your car is stolen and used in a crime and you haven't signed up for the service and the Police contact Toyota? Will Toyota refuse to tell the Police where the car is?

Don't use it, wouldn't know how or even if my phone has it. Hubby is usually right across the room from me and if he isn't, I usually know where he is (probably the bathroom). My son is grown and has a family of his own. Where he goes and when is his business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter