Snacks and Drinks

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
How much are the for pay snacks from room service?
How much for ice tea and sodas? Do these drinks cost the same at the bars and such?

Sodas are sold in quantity of 6, per the menu. Probably same as at a bar. Expect ~ $3 per can. The menu doesn’t show prices, so they don’t have to keep updating it.

I ate the snacks from the minibar on my MSC cruise (price list was in the room - and reasonably priced). Never have ordered them from Room Service on Disney. Might be the old saying, “If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.” I know better now, but often live by it. And I just walk to the soda station for drinks. It is never that far away.

You can pick up snacks and sodas at Preludes at show times outside the Walt Disney Theater. And then don’t have to wait for delivery when ready to munch. (I assume you don’t want to transport snacks in you luggage.).

Let’s see if anyone has actually ever ordered snacks and drinks...

Packaged snacks are charged but you can bring pre-packaged snacks on board with you. As long as they are sealed.
Soda cans are about $3 per can. I usually bring at least one Tervis type cup with me and have it filled at the drink station and keep it in the fridge for in the room. It's an option.
You can also bring your own soda in carry on luggage if you prefer or if you aren't a Coke products person. Many people bring Pepsi products in their carry on.
Ice Tea is no charge but it's served in a glass from room service. Don't forget extra $$ for tips.

Packaged snacks are charged but you can bring pre-packaged snacks on board with you. As long as they are sealed.
Soda cans are about $3 per can. I usually bring at least one Tervis type cup with me and have it filled at the drink station and keep it in the fridge for in the room. It's an option.
You can also bring your own soda in carry on luggage if you prefer or if you aren't a Coke products person. Many people bring Pepsi products in their carry on.
Ice Tea is no charge but it's served in a glass from room service. Don't forget extra $$ for tips.
What exactly do you mean by carry on luggage, do you mean flight or embarkation carry ons? If we are picking up Dr Pepper on our way to the port do we need to carry it in our backpacks (or whatever will stay with us through embarkation) or could we put the soda into our luggage before dropping it off with a porter and have it taken to our room that way?

Does the tea come in cans too? I like the fresh brewed stuff I can (or at least used to be able to) get at the bars - I don't drink sodas, but the wife won't drink anything but soda.

She calls tea bilge water, I call soda battery acid. lol

Sodas are sold in quantity of 6, per the menu. Probably same as at a bar. Expect ~ $3 per can. The menu doesn’t show prices, so they don’t have to keep updating it.

I ate the snacks from the minibar on my MSC cruise (price list was in the room - and reasonably priced). Never have ordered them from Room Service on Disney. Might be the old saying, “If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.” I know better now, but often live by it. And I just walk to the soda station for drinks. It is never that far away.

You can pick up snacks and sodas at Preludes at show times outside the Walt Disney Theater. And then don’t have to wait for delivery when ready to munch. (I assume you don’t want to transport snacks in you luggage.).

Let’s see if anyone has actually ever ordered snacks and drinks...

Does the tea come in cans too? I like the fresh brewed stuff I can (or at least used to be able to) get at the bars - I don't drink sodas, but the wife won't drink anything but soda.

She calls tea bilge water, I call soda battery acid. lol
No. The ice tea I ordered came in a glass.

What exactly do you mean by carry on luggage, do you mean flight or embarkation carry ons? If we are picking up Dr Pepper on our way to the port do we need to carry it in our backpacks (or whatever will stay with us through embarkation) or could we put the soda into our luggage before dropping it off with a porter and have it taken to our room that way?
All beverages need to be carried on. You could just carry your 6 or 12-pack of Dr. Pepper, you do not have to put it in a bag or backpack. But, it cannot go in your checked luggage. The luggage is not treated gently and if the cans or bottles open, it would get your stuff wet and maybe other's people also.

Does the tea come in cans too? I like the fresh brewed stuff I can (or at least used to be able to) get at the bars
The ship has brewed tea and fountain tea. I have not seen cans. Tea may be available at the bars, but I have not asked for it. If so, I think it would be the fountain tea.

Because I like to have specific kinds of snacks for movie watching, like popcorn, salted nuts and or candy. Steak paninis not so much for the movie watching.

That said, I got to thinking and remembered we would be bringing some snacks with us - things we always have for Christmas like Almond Roca, Chex Mix & chocolate covered cherries... hopefully we can also pick up a triple popcorn tin in San Diego - that's the big one for my wife.

Why do you need to pay extra for room service snacks? There are so many free food options on board, to include room service. We just did a cruise last week and the full report (with food/meals) is here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...bean-12-20-august-2022.3894158/#post-64258830

All beverages need to be carried on. You could just carry your 6 or 12-pack of Dr. Pepper, you do not have to put it in a bag or backpack. But, it cannot go in your checked luggage. The luggage is not treated gently and if the cans or bottles open, it would get your stuff wet and maybe other's people also.
Thanks for clarifying. We don't drink Alcohol and my wife won't drink any soda besides Dr Pepper so we will definitely want to bring some onboard with us.

Thanks for clarifying. We don't drink Alcohol and my wife won't drink any soda besides Dr Pepper so we will definitely want to bring some onboard with us.
I always bring baggies and order a bowl of chips (no chips at all one the Wish) and cookies from room service to keep in the room when you want a junk food type snack. You can also keep fruit, desserts from Cabanas or the Cove in the fridge. If you want the candy, just pack some in your luggage.

Because I like to have specific kinds of snacks for movie watching, like popcorn, salted nuts and or candy. Steak paninis not so much for the movie watching.

That said, I got to thinking and remembered we would be bringing some snacks with us - things we always have for Christmas like Almond Roca, Chex Mix & chocolate covered cherries... hopefully we can also pick up a triple popcorn tin in San Diego - that's the big one for my wife.
Just leave the tape around the lid of the popcorn bucket. snacks need to be in sealed packaging. No homemade foods allowed. Is each flavor in a bag inside the tin? There are some pretty good bagged popcorns in grocery stores (and especially Sam’s Club) the last few years.

if you truly like iced tea, you could make it yourself. There are tea bags and hot water at the soda / coffee station on the pool deck. I would think it would be better than fountain dispenser tea. Or get some at lunch or dinner and keep it for in-between meals. More work, but getting good iced tea is a challenge.

Even the Coke is not the best on the pool deck. With the volume dispensed, the machines don’t get calibrated often enough. MDR dining room sodas are fresher. Sometimes I just plunk down the money and get a can. I need some good battery acid!

Yeah definitely not going to open the tin before we get on board. Whether each section is bagged is really a matter of who the tin is from sometimes yes, sometimes no. All snacks will be store bought including the chex mix, I usually do it myself at Christmas time but I know I can't do this on this trip. I think I'll get myself a bag of turtle chex to go with her normal chex. It'll make up for not having the usual gingerbread chex mix for me this year. =)

Just leave the tape around the lid of the popcorn bucket. snacks need to be in sealed packaging. No homemade foods allowed. Is each flavor in a bag inside the tin? There are some pretty good bagged popcorns in grocery stores (and especially Sam’s Club) the last few years.

This is actually a great idea - this would be a good way to keep cookies in the room in case my blood sugar drops below 70. It would at least tide me over until room service could get there with uncrustables....

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to bring on a loaf of bread, unopened jar of peanut butter & jar of jelly? I tend to really hate uncrustables but pb&J is the best way to get my blood sugar balanced again.

I always bring baggies and order a bowl of chips (no chips at all one the Wish) and cookies from room service to keep in the room when you want a junk food type snack. You can also keep fruit, desserts from Cabanas or the Cove in the fridge. If you want the candy, just pack some in your luggage.

Unless something has changed I did well with the ice tea they used to give me in the bar areas... by bar I mean the lounge area, The French Quarter Lounge on the wonder, area. Usually by the time I'm hanging out in the actual bars I'm nursing something heavier than tea.

Yeah, I'm def in the minority on the issue of sodas - used to be like everybody else and drink them a ton. Then for dental reasons I had to take a year off of drinking them and when I tried one after that it just burns my throat and mouth so bad.

That said sprite is still my go to when I'm sick to my tummy.

if you truly like iced tea, you could make it yourself. There are tea bags and hot water at the soda / coffee station on the pool deck. I would think it would be better than fountain dispenser tea. Or get some at lunch or dinner and keep it for in-between meals. More work, but getting good iced tea is a challenge.

Even the Coke is not the best on the pool deck. With the volume dispensed, the machines don’t get calibrated often enough. MDR dining room sodas are fresher. Sometimes I just plunk down the money and get a can. I need some good battery acid!

This is actually a great idea - this would be a good way to keep cookies in the room in case my blood sugar drops below 70. It would at least tide me over until room service could get there with uncrustables....

Does anyone know if I'm allowed to bring on a loaf of bread, unopened jar of peanut butter & jar of jelly? I tend to really hate uncrustables but pb&J is the best way to get my blood sugar balanced again.

Bringing the unopened peanut butter & jelly onboard with you should be fine. The bread I am not so sure on. You can get slices of bread while on board from Cabanas just bring a gallon ziplock bag to put them in to keep them fresh in your stateroom.

Bringing the unopened peanut butter & jelly onboard with you should be fine. The bread I am not so sure on. You can get slices of bread while on board from Cabanas just bring a gallon ziplock bag to put them in to keep them fresh in your stateroom.
You are also able to usually order Uncrustables from Room Service. I have done so several times in the past 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter