Snorkeling at Castaway Cay

Tall Todd

Mouseketeer
Is there an advantage, price or otherwise, to pre-booking snorkeling or any of the snorkeling bundles prior to cruising? I'd rather not have the snorkeling portion be unavailable due to whatever and the refund only be a ship credit.
Thoughts?

You don't pay for it until it happens, so I would just pre-book it. I imagine if it was a bundle, they would just prorate what was charged to the stateroom.

They will have more than enough snorkeling equipment for rent when you want it on Castaway Cay and they will just put it on your Key to the World Card. Personally, I would bring my own as it will be cheaper than renting. My recommendation is that if you cannot bring some from home due to space or baggage fees, is to go to Walmart or like place and buy a cheap set before boarding if you can. It will likely be cheaper than renting. You can always leave it behind if returning space is an issue! They will provide you for free to use a yellowish/greenish. BC (vest) that you must wear when snorkeling.

I am an active diver and bring my own mask snorkel and fins to the island, but I use dive charters gear when on dives as I do not want to deal with carrying it in most ports. On castaway, it is an easy carry and drop off at a spot you want to sit at.

No advantage, but I would bring my own mask and snorkel. My is a prescription mask, so I can see. I find the disney masks leak and are just awful. I get the fins and the vest there. Last time they just gave me the fins, I did not have to rent them.

You don't pay for it until it happens, so I would just pre-book it. I imagine if it was a bundle, they would just prorate what was charged to the stateroom.
Snorkel equipment reservations are under Port Adventures, so if you do not cancel 3 days out, you may be charged. That being said there are plenty of bikes, floats, snorkel equipment, etc., so no need to book ahead for any of those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter