So Disappointed! (Long)

Originally posted by Sammie
I know it's hard to believe to all of us, but there are many people in this world that Disney is not the end all and while for us that love going its hard to understand it is normal to be this way. :)

It is?:p

It makes sense that you can stay in a 2bdrm off property for less than it would cost to stay on property. It's the same no matter what type of accomodations you are looking at. Any room equivalent to an on-property room is generally cheaper than the WDW room.

We usually stay off site the day we come into town (save on points). We have one piece of travel luggage for this purpose. Therefore, the other pieces of luggage would not be disturbed. Of course this is only good for people that drive to WDW or rent a car. It is not that great of an inconvienence, especially when reasonably priced accommodations are available around WDW.

I sympathize with the original poster's husband. Moving during a stay can be a hassle and if you only buy enough points to go every two or three years, then DVC may not be your thing. I also strongly suggest you rent points or go on a cash ressie before you buy.

We did OKW on a cash ressie in 1996, and were hooked, but did not buy in until 1998 at BWV. We finally added on at OKW in 2002. The best thing to do, I think, is not force it.

Good luck, and I hope you do get to join someday soon.

Thanks for all of the replies. We have talked about renting points, but we may not be able to do that for the next trip because we are going in early Nov/05, which is the F&W show at Epcot. I understand that because of this, availability at both BWV & BCV is extremely difficult to get after the 11 month window. We would have to rent the points and make the reservation by Dec. and we are unable to make firm travel plans just yet. My husband is military, and we are expecting a transfer for next summer. We can't nail down dates until we know if, when, and where we move. I think the only thing I can do until then is plan on staying offsite and visiting those 2 resorts, and if we end up being able to rent points and get availability for a couple of days that would be great.

I have to be fair, and I can't really blame my husband for not wanting to spend a ton of money when we haven't even seen the resorts! Skyauction is both a blessing and a curse, in that because we used it for our first trip we were able to keep costs down and now there will be another trip. but if he hadn't seen the great accomodations that are available so inexpensively, I would probably have more success with the idea of DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter