• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Six Flags is the cleanest park in the world, not Disney?

We have a six flags park outside of the city here- Darien Lake. I haven't been to it in years. The last time I did go it was disgusting. My younger son (who is 6'5") went awhile ago and couldn't get any many of the roller coasters because of his size.

I think maybe rock n roller coaster is the only exception to this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, im not 100% sure.
IIRC, there's a small net bag in the cars to store personal belongings. I've certainly not had any issues, and I usually carry a small messenger bag.
The only 6 Flags we ever went to was Georgia. We had been huge Disney fans for years and only went there because we were visiting family in the area. What a disappointment.
It's been well over 10 years since I've gone to a 6F (6FoG, as a matter of fact) and I don't miss it even one little bit. The park's worst offense was a stage show about American history which contained the line "The United States was founded to provide Freedom of Religion. So today you're free to practice any denomination of Christianity you like!" (Note: I'm a fairly religious guy... but my religion of choice isn't Christianity).

I have been to Six Flags Ky. Kingdom one time. They open up the rides to visitors of the state fair at no extra cost. My son was bored to death and there was hardly anyone there, even though it was attached to a big event.

This is also the place where a girl lost her foot on a ride a couple years back. If it happened anywhere else I would believe it was a freak accident, but this place just seemed so poorly run that I would believe the rides aren't maintained properly.

I took my son to Six Flags - Georgia last week and my daughter to Disney this week. There is NO comparison.

At Six Flags we had to buy a fast pass card. The food was just as expensive as Disney. The lockers were a pain!!! I understand that when there is a fast ride that they want you to store your stuff off the ride, but we had to pay for a locker. I had a small over your shoulder bag that carried my phone, camera, and money. We did not go on any of the big rides since my son was too short. If lockers are needed for a ride they should be supplied as you get on the ride by the park for free.

I doubt we will ever return to Six Flags. My son kept saying, "Mom, this isn't Disney!"

It's not ridiculous when you consider theme parks with outside coasters have walkways that go directly under the ride track. Imagine you're walking along minding your own business and someone's glasses or a camera comes flying down and hits you on the head. I imagine it wouldn't feel too good would it? Then you would be asking why the park didn't require lockers to keep non-riders and pedestrians safer. I DO agree charging $1.00 per ride is awful. At least at Universal, you get free lockers for the first hour.

People don't always use them. This week they have an employee at Universal that got hit by Dueling Dragons when he was getting something that a guest had dropped while on the coaster. He is still in critical condition. Not sure if someone goofed up and restarted the ride before he got out of the way or if he decided to treasure hunt under the coaster.

Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, I havn't been to Tampa in 10+ years) has the same policy with bags/purses but I think the small temporary lockers are only $.25 or $.50.

I went by a diner in NYC that had a sign that said "World's Best Cup of Coffee"

From my understanding Six Flags has been struggling financially for many years. I was hopeful when another company took over a few years back but I've seen no improvements and it looks like they are going down again.

As for maintenance, I can only speak for the Six Flags Over Texas. I'm told that the maintenance there is top notch with many people having been there for many, many years. I hope that this is true.

As a season passholder at 6 Flags St. Louis for about 15 years, it is very laughable that they claim to be the cleanest. I remember Chicago having a cleaner park than Dallas or Atlanta--season passes are good at all the parks and we have visited several. But nowhere as good as Disney.
They do consider themselves in the same class as Disney because their commercials have the advantages of going to SF over WDW. I think in their minds Disney is their main competition.
But a season pass to SF can be as low as $50 where a day pass to Disney is about $70 and an annual is 10 times the cost of SF. So there is no way they can really be expected to compete. We are getting what we pay for.

The Six Flags near me (I think it's Great Adventure) is terrible. The crowds are rowdy, rides rickety & aren't even that great...just a mess all around.

well, if you're talking "cleanig out your wallet"...our Six Flags Great America ( Gurnee/Chicagoland) is far from the cleanest of anything. The only time that park was decent was when Marriott owned it.

King's Island has those temporary lockers for $. 75, but they are optional. They will let you leave things in those little cubbyholes by the ride exits, but they tell you to leave them at your own risk, obviously. I have never had a problem taking a small bag on rides with me.

Yeah and just to toss it out there, at Six Flags it specifically says that your merchandise can be confiscated if left longer than 2 hours in the locker. Unbelievable! :rolleyes:

Of the Six Flags parks I have been too, seeing all the overflowing trash cans, trash all over the ground and restrooms which all always need attention I cannot believe this is true at all :sad2: My guess is they gave themselves this honor.

Another theme park near here, advertises you do not need to go to some far off fantasyland when you can go here locally and have just as much fun...yeah right :rotfl2:

I know exactly the park you are talking about and everytime she says that it just hits me the wrong way!! It's a nice park, but there's no way it compares to Disney! I do like the "free unlimited soft drinks" at HW!!

Of the Six Flags parks I have been too, seeing all the overflowing trash cans, trash all over the ground and restrooms which all always need attention I cannot believe this is true at all :sad2: My guess is they gave themselves this honor.

Another theme park near here, advertises you do not need to go to some far off fantasyland when you can go here locally and have just as much fun...yeah right :rotfl2:

Have you ever been?

It may not be WDW, but it's hard to beat Holiday World's free soft drinks, free sunscreen, and free parking. Not to mention good food that is cheap.

The advertisements are goofy, though. I'll give you that!

Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, I havn't been to Tampa in 10+ years) has the same policy with bags/purses but I think the small temporary lockers are only $.25 or $.50.

But those lockers are only for the big coasters. We never needed to use lockers while there, except for the one big coaster we went on. If SF is using them for all of their rides, even non-coaster rides, that does seem a bit excessive. :sad2:

Now I do know that they have been known as the cleanest park, and have noticed that they are quite clean, but along the same lines as Disney. :goodvibes

I went to Six Flags over Texas in March and was appalled at the condition of the park. It was dirty and certain signs and decorations were poorly maintained. Definitely not the cleanest park, and not up to what it used to be. I grew up going to Six Flags over Texas. It was the original Six Flags park, and the guy who built it in 1962, Angus Wynne, was inspired by a visit to Disneyland. Premier Parks really let the whole chain go into the toilet, IMO. Calling itself the cleaning park in the world is a joke. Someone else needs to acquire the parks and restore some vision and care and customer service.

Just wanted to make sure I understand the policy for Universal Orlando. Do we need to put any bag(a small bag or fanny bag) in a locker to do any ride or just the big coasters. My DH has a small sport/fanny type bag and I carry a small thin/wallet over the shoulder bag. Are those OK for Universal Orlando?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter