• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So Six Flags is the cleanest park in the world, not Disney?

Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, I havn't been to Tampa in 10+ years) has the same policy with bags/purses but I think the small temporary lockers are only $.25 or $.50.
Yeah, but at Busch Gardens, there are also little cubbies at the rides where you can store your stuff while riding.

Our Six Flags (Great Adventure) in Jackson, NJ is downright scuzzy. We stopped going there for years and then decided to give it another try last summer-huge mistake. Still the dump and deathtrap that I remembered it to be from the 80's.

The last time I had to go to Six Flags was 2 years ago, so I don't know if the cleanest park claim is now true, but I know it wasn't then! My kids are all old enough to go with friends now, so I don't have to "enjoy" the lovely gum wall and weed garden that acts as landscaping (or is it theming?!):lmao: for the Batman ride anymore!

Six Flags is just a few miles down the road from us, but I'd rather travel halfway across the country to WDW. But if we can't make it (like this year :sad1:) we've found that Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO is beautifully kept, landscaped and themed. Totally different type of park, but we love it almost as much - nothing compares to Disney!

It's wise not to take anything on some of the Universal rides. We learned this the hard way when DS lost his glasses while riding the Mummy a few years ago.
My dad lost his glasses on that ride too, maybe there's some kind of mummy thief in operation :rotfl2:

I can't believe they charge $1 for a one use locker on every rollercoaster, that's absurd! I've never been to a Six Flags but I'm starting to be glad about that from what everyone's saying :laughing:

I was at the Denver 6F recently and it was not clean (in more way than one, may I add). I believe that is a self-given title and not to be taken seriously. No one was nice, food was nasty and overpriced, ($3.30 for a BOTTLE OF WATER!!!) and the park was simply filthy. :sad2: I'm going again soon for a physics lesson (GO SCIENCE!! :thumbsup2), but that's my only reason. Much prefer Disney, but they're not even in the same class.

GO DISNEY!!! :earsgirl:

6F over Georgia is nasty. NOT clean and horrible attitudes from a large number of staff. Yuck.:sad2:

The staff wasn't bad at our 6F a few years ago, but otherwise the park was pretty gross. When eating, we couldn't find a table that wasn't encrusted with dried food and swarming yellow jackets. WE haven't been back.

My main gripe with 6F though, is the way the kiddie rides are segregated from the bigger rides. It's pretty much big coasters or kiddie rides - and on at least one kiddie ride, adults couldn't ride with their children. Such a far cry from the likes of Dumbo, Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh.

6F here looks like someone should tar and feather it to make it look better. The last time I was there was about 5 years ago though. Alot can happen in 5 years so who knows maybe its clean now, but definitely not back then.

The six flags near me certainly could never be considered the cleanest park, actually if there was an award for the dirtiest they would get it. My dh's company had their annual picnic there a year ago and when we were leaving we decided that we would not come back the next year if that is where the company had their party even if it was free. Now when someone doesn't want to go to your park for free you know you have problems. The employees were rude, the park was dirty, the guests were nasty. No way, never again.

Our Six Flags (Great Adventure) in Jackson, NJ is downright scuzzy. We stopped going there for years and then decided to give it another try last summer-huge mistake. Still the dump and deathtrap that I remembered it to be from the 80's.

I unfortunately had the "privilege" of having season passes to Six Flags Great Adventure last year, but NEVER AGAIN!! :scared1:

Everything about the place is absolutely disgusting, from the overflowing trash cans, garbage and general stickiness on the ground and floors, the for-some-reason wet seats on the rides (sometimes with stuffing spilling out of the some cushions), the unkempt employees, the dirty costumes of the those sad "characters," and ...

I have to speak the truth ... many of the guests. (sorry if I'm rude, but the New York / New Jersey people on this board can vouche for me). :eek:

can't wait to go "home" to disney :hug:

:goodvibes

Just wanted to make sure I understand the policy for Universal Orlando. Do we need to put any bag(a small bag or fanny bag) in a locker to do any ride or just the big coasters. My DH has a small sport/fanny type bag and I carry a small thin/wallet over the shoulder bag. Are those OK for Universal Orlando?
Usually the waist packs are OK...sometimes on the coasters if you turn it to the side. The waist packs just can't interfere with the restraints. If a TM sees you with a shoulder pack/bag, they will most likely turn you away on the coasters. It would be better to put the bags in the lockers so they'll be safe but that's up to you.

Just went to Six Flags yesterday and they had signs all over saying "Six Flags: The cleanest theme park in the world"

Im wondering how they are judging this? I will say the park was clean, but I also consider clean by having buildings painted and taken care of, which these were not. There was alot of paint chipping and just overall stuff looking old and not taken care of. But there wasn't much trash to be found on the ground of anything. Obviously Im a WDW fan, but even putting that aside, the Magic Kingdom was definitely cleaner and more taken care of, IMO.

Also, has anyone else been recently and seen their latest scam with the lockers?! On all rollercoasters you now have to put your stuff in a locker for $1 at each coaster. There is an employee who turns you away at the beginning of the line if you have a purse, camera, backpack, anything! They force you to pay for the locker or not ride at all. Normally I'd say you could leave your stuff in the car, but with my girlfriend having her "friend visit" this time of the month she had to have her purse. It was very frustrating and talk about taking advantage of your customers! I will never return to Six Flags until they treat their guests right.

They have to make money some way since they just filed for Bankruptcy protection. LOL Sorry but I absolutely HATE Six Flags and have not returned in 2 years. The only reason I was there then was because of the 8th grade rewards trip and there was no way my child was going unless I helped Chaperone. The group of kids I had were wonderful but there were so many unsupervised kids and rude employees.

ETA: They would not even give out cups of ice. We had kids go for hours with nothing to drink because the water fountains were gross as well.

Of the Six Flags parks I have been too, seeing all the overflowing trash cans, trash all over the ground and restrooms which all always need attention I cannot believe this is true at all :sad2: My guess is they gave themselves this honor.

Another theme park near here, advertises you do not need to go to some far off fantasyland when you can go here locally and have just as much fun...yeah right :rotfl2:

Which was says that?? Just curious since i am also from Ky. I know a lot of the ones here are hurting. My kids do like going to Holiday World and it is always pretty clean when we go but I hated KI and Six Flags is very horrid.

*reads title and bursts into laughter* :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
they are hilarious to say that
the six flags i've been going to for years used to be pretty nice but for the past i don't even no how many years it's never very clean
NOTHING like disney and being clean

bathrooms= :sick: & :scared1:

and the locker idea....rip off.
RIDICULOUS MUCH?!
plus the prices of food, etc
i've learned to ALWAYS eat before i go and not bring anything but my pass and essentials w/out using a bag

Been to that one a few times myself and I have to agree.

I know I shouldn't be but I really am shocked that there charging for lockers like that. :scared1:

Have you ever been?

It may not be WDW, but it's hard to beat Holiday World's free soft drinks, free sunscreen, and free parking. Not to mention good food that is cheap.

The advertisements are goofy, though. I'll give you that!

I also like the fact that it is a great park for the middle sized kids. You know the ones too short for the big roller coasters and too big for the kiddie rides?? My kids do like going to HW and it is a family friendly park. I have pictures of my kids on one of the same rides I was on at the same age when it was Santa Claus Land way back when.

They declared bankrutcy two weeks ago: http://www.cnbc.com/id/31341810

I would never trust my life on a carnival ride with a company that just walked away from its debts.

The lockers are a lame attempt to shake the change out of your pockets. Sadly, they are just another straw of many on this camel's back. Locally here in DC, the six flags is so bad that I doubt any other company can turn it around - so I give it this season, maybe next - then turn the park over to the vines.

Hmmm, the same guy owns the Redskins.

Let's just say, I have some problems with certain...smells. And six flags in Illinois has a very distinct popcorn/vomit smell the minute you walk through the gates. Needless to say, I have dubbed that particular six flags "the armpit of all themeparks"! It certainly is lacking in the cleanliness department. As a matter of fact, my mom and I always have the conversation about how much cleaner Disney is!

Who are they kidding? I was born in Arlington, TX where Six Flags over Texas is located. We live 25 minutes from there now....it has NEVER been or NEVER will be a clean theme park. It is a complete dump, always has been, always will be!

Oh yeah, and I second the vomit smell....our Six Flags smells like that too!

I don't think the Six Flags brand is in the same category as the "big dogs" such as Disney, Universal, and Busch.
Six Flags are considered regional parks and not theme-park destinations like the ones mentioned above. If this particular Six Flags is comparing itself with other regional parks like Dollywood, King's Island, Carowinds, and other carnival-style parks with similar reputations, then maybe (and this is a BIG maybe), they have cleaned up their act enough to be given such a title. But they definitely left the Dis, Uni, & Busch parks out of the equation when comparing cleanliness. Not even in the same league. So I highly doubt WDW had any part of this contest.

I would not cinsider Dollywood a regional park nor carny like either! Dollywood has unique rides adn tehmeing that does compare to the orlando parks! THe shows are sought out by baby bboomers across teh coutry! Dollywood is a destination park and in fact when they build their resort it will be even more comparable!

Six flags sucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter