• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So...The Worst Song Ever?

I am torn between Macarthur Park as sung by Richard Harris (the lyrics especially), and In The Year 2525 by Zager and Evans:

What are your choices?

Haha, my immediate thought was Macarthur Park! Someone left a cake out in the rain? I'll never have that recipe again?
Why did anyone think this was a good idea ?

Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" just never made sense to me. It sounded so "Pat myself on the back".

The funny thing about that song is that Barry Manilow didn't write it. Bruce Johnston of The Beach Boys did.
My worst song ever is Michael Boltons' version of When A Man Loves A Woman. If Percy Sledge was still alive, he should seek Bolton out and punch him in the throat.

Anything by Mariah Carey. When she hits those high notes it's like fingernails on chalkboard to me.

Also this one by Childish Gambino. I don't understand why it's so popular - they play in on the radio ALL the time :confused3

Jam (Turn it up) Kim Kardashian. I can't link. One because it's an explicit video and two because only one person in the world is known to have survived listening to it. And he's speaking to you. Yes I do have a jagged scar on my ear to show for it. So take my word on it.

Last edited:
Boomer Sooner.

Here are the lyrics.
Boomer Sooner (repeated about a million times)
O k u
Oklahoma ( repeated about a million times)
O k u.
I'm a sooner born and a sooner bred and when I die I'll be a sooner dead
Rah Oklahoma (mercifully repeated only seemingly half a million times.)
Oku

But here's the rub. When they get drunk, instead of the second stanza of Oklahoma, they all sing boomer sooner another million times) and instead of the I'm a sooner born part, they start singing Oklahoma. And they forget the Rah too.
So literally the way it is sung all too often, there are literally 3 words and an abbreviation.
Boomer Sooner
Oklahoma
Oku

Well at least when nobody is singing, it's ok.

Who let the dogs out. Baha men. Too bad someone didn't sic the dogs on them after they let em out.

When you're a one hit wonder and THIS is your one hit...... (shudder)

I hate a lot of songs, but they’re all because of the memory attached to it.

One I HATE, LOATHE, ABHOR is Black Velvet by Alannah Myles. Nothing makes me leave the room quicker than that song.

You shall never recover from this. Reason #1 why the internet should have never been invented.

The Hamster Dance.

Ok this next one is so bad, I'm going to have to give you something good before it.

Satisfaction. The rolling stones.

And then there was this cover by Brittany Spears.

The Brittany Spears Satisfaction torture has been outlawed by the Geneva Convention.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter