Soarin tour for members at Epcot

I think you want to be checking in 190 days before the Wednesday you want. Because a husband and wife can each book guests, on the same phone call, is my understanding. So, 2 phone calls for each Wednesday, each call booking for member and spouse, and this could be booked up. At most, I would think 4 -5 calls would close it out.

I would think it would per member number, not per member. That is how it is for the Merry Mixer and it one ornament per member number and five guests per member number.

Last edited:
So, just to verify, do both DH and I have the same member #? So, between the two of us, we can only take a total 3 guests, not 6? The only way a tour could consist of 5 members and 15 guests is if the members are all individuals, no husbands and wives? That would make me feel a little better about the number of members and guests per tour if this is the case.

So, just to verify, do both DH and I have the same member #? So, between the two of us, we can only take a total 3 guests, not 6? The only way a tour could consist of 5 members and 15 guests is if the members are all individuals, no husbands and wives? That would make me feel a little better about the number of members and guests per tour if this is the case.
My guess is that most of the guests are family members (i.e., children or parents of the members. They wouldn't be listed on the deed and thus are not members). In some cases, they guests might be friends of the member staying in the same villa. I wouldn't have any issue with that. Of course, my guess could be wrong, but maybe that will make you feel better. I'm hoping they expand the offering to other days or make it into a paid event (to reduce demand) so that the rest of us who may be interested can attend.

If you have always have the same titling on your deeds and the same use year you would have one member number for the two of you--and two cards with the same number on them.

I agree with Carol that many guests are family staying in the same villa.

I called this morning to book the tour at DL. Member Services told me last month I could only book at 60 days out and I confirmed the booking date with them. When I called exactly at 9 AM to book, I was told there was no availability on the date I wanted! Either I was provided misinformation, their system is all messed up or 20 people could make ressies before I could?? Something's not right. I'm not happy...:mad::mad:

There was not for the initial booking but reports are it will be 180 +10 for booking going forward......and the +10 only happens for onsite. So yes, I believe it will be a difference going forward if that info of 180+10 is correct.

Apparently this is true. I tried booking today for May 31 which is before the 180 days (my check in is May 27). That date was sold out as well.

So if our summer trip begins June 30th and I want to TRY to book for Wed., June 5th do I have to wait for Jan. 2nd or can I call 10 days before that??? I'm not following the 180 + 10 thing....

So if our summer trip begins June 30th and I want to TRY to book for Wed., June 5th do I have to wait for Jan. 2nd or can I call 10 days before that??? I'm not following the 180 + 10 thing....
You can't book anything until you are 180 days out from check in or the date of the reservation for those that are offsite. The plus 10 is a benefit for onsite and means you can then book on days that are up to 10 out from that check in date. So you will have to wait until January 2nd but will be able to try and book the 5th on that day and don't have to wait until January 7th like anyone who is offsite would have to do.

I think they should figure out another way to give onsite guests an edge, other than the +10 they use for meal reservations. Meals can be booked 7X a week, so the plus 10 works out ok, especially when looking for hard to get locations towards the end of one's trip.

Because this is only once a week, it favors only people who are checking in 190 days from a WEDNESDAY. Hey, we need an app to figure that out.

:headache::headache::headache::sad2::sad2::sad2::mad::mad::mad::furious::furious::furious: RANT!! So frustrated with Disney right now. Set an alarm to call this morning right at 9:00 to try to book this tour for our July 4th week since I couldn't get thru early enough for our trip that starts tomorrow - wanted to book it for July 5th. Guess what? That is the ONE WEDNESDAY that month they're NOT HOLDING IT!!! :sad2::sad2::sad2: I'm so irritated.

THEN I asked to book the dessert party at Epcot for July 4th since those are "supposedly" able to book at 180 days. NO SCHEDULE YET FOR THAT FAR OUT. Hello? Seriously? Now there's no way to know when it will open unless I take time to check every single day. :(:(:( They are killing me!!!

Last edited:
:headache::headache::headache::sad2::sad2::sad2::mad::mad::mad::furious::furious::furious: RANT!! So frustrated with Disney right now. Set an alarm to call this morning right at 9:00 to try to book this tour for our July 4th week since I couldn't get thru early enough for our trip that starts tomorrow - wanted to book it for July 5th. Guess what? That is the ONE WEDNESDAY that month they're NOT HOLDING IT!!! :sad2::sad2::sad2: I'm so irritated.

THEN I asked to book the dessert party at Epcot for July 4th since those are "supposedly" able to book at 180 days. NO SCHEDULE YET FOR THAT FAR OUT. Hello? Seriously? Now there's no way to know when it will open unless I take time to check every single day. :(:(:( They are killing me!!!

Seriously, that's ridiculous all the way around!:rolleyes1

I didn't bother trying since we'll have GD who's under the age limit

IMO they should let all who are interested in this (& limit it to staying onsite @ DVC) sign up ahead of time for a lottery type system. Instead of the warm & fuzzies, members are getting a bad taste in their mouth over this.

We were lucky enough to get rezzies for an upcoming trip. Does anyone know how to link it to MDE? Member Services says it should show up in my itinerary, but it doesn't. They also said that I can link it myself, but I've tried linking it as all three options I can find in MDE (resort, dining, tickets) and none of them recognize my rezzie confirmation number.
Those who were able to book/do the tour - how did your rezzie show up or link? :confused3

We were lucky enough to get rezzies for an upcoming trip. Does anyone know how to link it to MDE? Member Services says it should show up in my itinerary, but it doesn't. They also said that I can link it myself, but I've tried linking it as all three options I can find in MDE (resort, dining, tickets) and none of them recognize my rezzie confirmation number.
Those who were able to book/do the tour - how did your rezzie show up or link? :confused3

Usually with DVC events adding a note is the only way to have it in MDE.

Very excited! Was just able to book this for 4 of us for our August trip! :)

I made a note in MDE that included the confirmation number, as well as a reminder about not wearing sandals. The Cast Member told me they require closed toed shoes.

Does anyone know if this is going to be an ongoing thing? Has anyone heard if this will be discontinued at any point?

My room reservation (All Stars) starts August 13th and goes till Aug. 18 then I check into the Poly on the 18th till the 25th.
I was told I could book at 9 am on Feb. 17 for the Aug. 16 tour and/or Feb. 24 for the Aug. 23 tour.

Does that sound correct to you guys ...
Not sure how the plus 10 works with this ...
I am hopeful for a party of 4 or 5 if available ...

I have a question about this tour, do we have to have DVC reservation to book the tour? When I book the tour I had a DVC reservation, but now I am thinking about changing my plan and try camping at Fort Wilderness instead. Will my tour reservation be canceled if I cancel my room reservation?

I have a question about this tour, do we have to have DVC reservation to book the tour? When I book the tour I had a DVC reservation, but now I am thinking about changing my plan and try camping at Fort Wilderness instead. Will my tour reservation be canceled if I cancel my room reservation?

I thought it was simply for DVC members & their guests. I didn't think it was tied into reservations.

We just booked 3 for 6/21/2017. Feedback on the tour?

TIA.

About an hour long, same info that has been on TV about the seat design, they talked about some Walt history, we saw the movie, that's about it.

If you are going to be there on vacation anyway, go for it, I wouldn't plan an extra vacation just to attend.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter