Soarin tour for members at Epcot

I think that people need to understand that these are marketing events paid for by DVD the sales arm of the DVC. The fact that members have to deal with a phone system that can't handle the traffic, MS CM's that weren't trained about the event, and the very limited number of seats available isn't very mouse like. Yes it's free for the qualified members who got to make a reservation and who either will be at WDW during the time of their reservation or will be taking an extra vacation to attend. Starting at 8:58, we dialed over 100 times trying to get past the busy signals, finally got answered with bad VM ques, stayed on the line anyway and was later told to expect a 30 minute wait. Got picked up 20 minutes later and was told immediately, I know why you are calling and I'm sorry by the CM. He checked our December dates anyway, no joy and he stated that they were booked through January within the first 5 minutes. Currently there were 127 calls in que to be answered. If the event is booked, why not put a sold out recording on the phone system, and publish a separate number for these events that can better manage the callers?

:earsboy: Bill

There was a sold out message, but not sure when it went on the system. Not sure how they could handle it better. Maybe pre-registration and then a lottery selection. Regardless I still think members would complain. They seem to complain about lack of offers, then they complain when they do offer.

I am sure the dates and number of participants is determined by the parks division and not DVC.

There was a sold out message, but not sure when it went on the system. Not sure how they could handle it better. Maybe pre-registration and then a lottery selection. Regardless I still think members would complain. They seem to complain about lack of offers, then they complain when they do offer.

I am sure the dates and number of participants is determined by the parks division and not DVC.

It's really difficult to call this much of a "membership" perk offer when all the possible dates for the next 6 months were booked in 20 minutes or so. Of course it's not the only Disney offering that has gone that way but IMO they really need to re-assess the methods for booking if they are going to offer such limited opportunities. The lottery sounds like a good option. I know that DL has used that for some passholder events in the past.

Last edited:
So you can reserve 180 days plus 10 from the date you want or the date you check in ???
I will check in on Aug. 13 to All Star Music for five nights (the tour if still on Wednesday would be the 16th) then check into the poly on the 18th for another 5 nights (so Wednesday the 23)
So when can I call member services to try to book either of those Wednesday if they are still offering this tour?

Can i book this for September?

Thanks so much!!

I'm one of those people who was able to book the tour last week, I've now written to MS to know if my reservation is confirmed or not, so I still don't know if I'm in or not.
In the past I've not participated in a Blizzard Beach after hours events, or the MK one, or the AKV tour, or any movie preview screening. I didn't ever go to a Merry Mixer or a Welcome Wednesday. This might be the first member event I could get into and still I'm not sure if I'm confirmed or not.
However this doesn't change my opinion of DVC: I can get great resorts at a fraction of the rack rates costs. This is a great value and I'm happy about it. All those perks are clearly a sales tool, otherwise they wouldn't be announced with so little notice or be so limited. They ARE a lottery. Sometime the lottery is if you booked a vacation for the right dates. Others is availability. Others is randomness in receiving the email. If it happens be happy, if it doesn't don't be frustrated.
I think DVC should offer more perks like the lounge, something every member could take advantage of, and less random events. But yet, it's their money they're using for marketing activities that must appeal potential buyers.

Is this bookable between Christmas and New Years?
Is this bookable for September?
Thanks all so much!

I thought someone here said that it's bookable 180 days out. Is that 180 days from the date of the tour you want, or 180 days from the first day of the vacation during which you want to take the tour? Or is it more than 180 days?

When calling ms it says the tour is bookable at 180 days out from the tour.

Thanks !!!
So there is no advantage to staying on property for this perk correct ???

There was not for the initial booking but reports are it will be 180 +10 for booking going forward......and the +10 only happens for onsite. So yes, I believe it will be a difference going forward if that info of 180+10 is correct.

There was not for the initial booking but reports are it will be 180 +10 for booking going forward......and the +10 only happens for onsite. So yes, I believe it will be a difference going forward if that info of 180+10 is correct.

This is my understanding. On site will help.

I was told 180 days plus 10 from a supervisor, after I asked for one to call me back (I was stuck on permanent hold in the queue trying to sign up on the first day, almost 2 hours before I called on another line and got thru in 20 minutes, first call was still in the queue). I asked many questions. I was confused by the 180 plus 10, she said from day of check in, 180 plus 10. I am trying to figure out in my brain if that "favors" people who check in on a particular day. Seems like it would favor those who check in on EXACTLY 180 plus 10 days, 190 days from a Wednesday. Other check in days would be at a disadvantage. Right? Because unlike meal reservations, this is only offered once a week.

I was told 180 days plus 10 from a supervisor, after I asked for one to call me back (I was stuck on permanent hold in the queue trying to sign up on the first day, almost 2 hours before I called on another line and got thru in 20 minutes, first call was still in the queue). I asked many questions. I was confused by the 180 plus 10, she said from day of check in, 180 plus 10. I am trying to figure out in my brain if that "favors" people who check in on a particular day. Seems like it would favor those who check in on EXACTLY 180 plus 10 days, 190 days from a Wednesday. Other check in days would be at a disadvantage. Right? Because unlike meal reservations, this is only offered once a week.

You are exactly right- that is what happened to me. People with an earlier checkin than me got the 20 spots. I called 185 days before the date and it was already sold out. So having a reservation wont help either unless the checkin date is well before the desired soarin tour date.

I think you want to be checking in 190 days before the Wednesday you want. Because a husband and wife can each book guests, on the same phone call, is my understanding. So, 2 phone calls for each Wednesday, each call booking for member and spouse, and this could be booked up. At most, I would think 4 -5 calls would close it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter