Soda Mugs

BMURPHY02

Mouseketeer
WHEN WE WENT ON OUE LAST DISNEY CRUISE WE BOUGHT SODA MUGS FOR $ 35 IN 07/02 WE BOOKED OUR THIRD DISNEY CRUISE FOR 7/3/04 CAN WE USE THE SAME MUGS AND NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR NEW ONES CAN ANYONE HELP

In my opinion re using mugs would be unethical as they are for the length of ONE cruise not for the life of the mug...
anyhow I do believe they now require a sticker on your card (smart of DCL IMHO) to fill a mug.

It's true you also need to show your ID card with your sticker. See you on the 7/3/04 cruise!
Robin M.

So do you have to lug around the mug or will the card+sticker get you soda in a glass or cup?

Is the sticker standard issue now?

Back in January it was swapping on and off.

"In my opinion re using mugs would be unethical as they are for the length of ONE cruise not for the life of the mug..."

How ethical is it to charge 35$ for 3$ worth of soda? (I'll admit I don't actually know the cost, but I'm sure there is a huge markup here).

You're going to get a range of opinions on this one...in my opinion, it is wrong to bring an old mug on board and re-use it for your next cruise. Much like the resorts policy, the soda mug program is a one-time deal (for the length of the cruise you purchased it for). Also, they are now placing stickers on your KTTW card for the program and checking those - just having the mug means nothing. So the short answer to your question - if you want to drink soda on your cruise, you're going to need to purchase the program to get the sticker on your card...:)

Fred,

You don't need to pay the $3 extra for a mug and lug it around. The sticker itself is $35 for a 7 day cruise, $20 for a 4 day, and $15 for a 3 day. Showing your KTTW card with the sticker affixed is all you need to do to get a soda. They will give you a cup (plastic or glass depending on venue).

We found the soda card particularly useful for DSD to get a soda to have during the shows. Saved a lot over buying smoothies from the vendors!

You need to buy a little over three sodas a day to make the card worthwhile (keeping in mind that soda is free with meals at the sit-down restaurants).

I hope they are still using the stickers in Nov when I cruise...that will make life so much easier! :D Although I do like the mug, it makes a great souvenier:rolleyes:

Originally posted by addot
"In my opinion re using mugs would be unethical as they are for the length of ONE cruise not for the life of the mug..."

How ethical is it to charge 35$ for 3$ worth of soda? (I'll admit I don't actually know the cost, but I'm sure there is a huge markup here).

I don't know how it would be unethical to charge any amount for the soda program- (whether it be $35.00 or $55.00). It is not forced on anyone, there are plenty of free beverages available so I don't understand your question of ethics in that regard. My statement was in regards to the fact that the $35.00 fee is for the lenght of ONE cruise. If you go play a round of golf your greens fee is for eighteen holes, not to play over and over all day. I think it would be unethical to sneak back nine holes and continue playing over and over.There is a perscribed time limit on the soda program, the mug is for one cruise. Some people find it a great savings, if they are big soda drinkers it certainly can be. Others do not, you have the option to either buy sodas 'ala carte' like mixed drinks or enjoy the free fruit punch, lemonade, water, tea, coffee and milk that is also available.

Originally posted by addot

This is not a strong ethical position to take.

Carrying your example further, you could argue that anything with a large profit margin should just be taken. Cars, airline tickets, food in your local grocery store... Where would it end?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter