Solo from the UK

Miss_Lumiere

Mouseketeer
Hey Everyone!

I'm a great fan of all things Disney and have visited Disneyland Paris many times (and spent a fortune!), but I would really love to visit Disneyworld in Florida. The trouble is I would have to go solo, because there is no one I can go with. I've read through alot of messages from people that have visited Disney alone, but I've not seen any from anyone outside the US. I've never visited the US before. I work in a school so I have plenty of opportunity to go and if I did go I would want to do everything while I was there, (As I doubt I could afford to go again!)

Does anyone have any advice, help or suggestions?

Any information would be greatfully received!
:sunny:

Miss Lumiere, welcome to the DIS!

I am from the UK and have been to Florida many times, but this summer will be my first solo trip. Is there anything specifically you would like to know? I'd be happy to help if I can. Just post here or send me a PM (click my user name).

Being fixed to school holidays means you will tend to have to go to WDW at the busiest times. I am in this situation as well. It's nothing to be concerned about, you just have to be prepared.

Hello,

MsPennielane has done a trip solo, Check out her trip report on the uk boards...

:flower:

Ely3857 (England)

Thankyou all for your replies. I don't think I'd want to do the whole trip alone. Do people just post when they're going to be in WDW and chance that they meet up with other members?

I would listen to your heart and go :goodvibes .

I made a solo trip in 2002 for 2 weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did all the things I wanted to do in my own time no rushing around - shopping was joy, eating at resturants a pleasure, and going to the parks was an adventure in itself. I met a lot of lovely people on that trip.

Don't let going solo put you off, Florida is a beautiful place - although I had a package deal with Thomas cook which cost me 1026 pounds, for hotel,flights with premium seating and transfers&insurance cover (which might be expensive in some people's eyes) I thought it was well worth it.

On that trip my expenses for the parks, food, shopping etc came to $600.00 and I still had travellers chq's and dollars left when i came back to the u.k.

Maureen4200040

P.S I was 39 yrs old when I first went to Florida in 2001, first ever plane trip, first trip aboard - and I've been hooked on Disney ever since. Going again in September 2005 :cheer2: .

Hi there,

I've been solo and it's really fun! WDW is very solo-traveler-friendly. :)

I would probably try to go during a slower season, to avoid crowds thus improving your chances of getting to everything you want. And lower hotel rates, so you can stay longer.

Check out www.wdwig.com for lots of good info. :)

:cool1: I have gone to Disney many times solo and love it, :Pinkbounc you get to meet many interesting people and tour Disney as you would want. I have met up with other people from the boards for Dinner, or just coffee. I know once you go you will want to come back. Make the plans and go. :cheer2: :earsgirl:

One of the best things about going solo is you really have time to go at your own pace, see all the little details and get the most out of your trip.

I know I've been in the past with people who were not particularly fond of Disney and didn't seem to be having as good of a time as I was. I don't know anyone (aside from on the DIS) who likes Disney very much. So I almost prefer going alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter