Solo trip from this board?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who never went to WDW solo, but finally got the courage to as a result of reading this board, I've taken 6 solo trips, started long before I found this board, and yet I was amazed to hear people occassionally say on this board that they've always wanted to go solo, but never gotten the courage to. Did anyone get the courage as a result of these boards? And if so, how did it work out? Hope you had fun!

Me... Me..:bounce: I am actually taking my very first SOLO trip to the Mouse.. and it's because of these boards... I was actually inspired by a trip report that I was reading.. it got me in the mood....and I realized that I always wait to go when I can cajole, bribe, beg my friends or family to go with me (usually footing the bill for at least one of em) and I realized that I don' t have to do that anymore..... So... since I have not been yet.. I can't tell you how it was.. but I will as soon as I get back!! :hyper:

Happy Holidays all!!!

Kathy

Me Me too!!!!! took 1st solo 2 years ago and have gone twice again and plan on doing it every year I can. We all go as a family, but I now also go on a solo and I absolutely love it. My kids 24 and 25 think I am nuts, but they don't get it. It is the absolute BEST. Sometimes I feel guilty leaving DH, DD and DS son home, but the guilt goes away as soon as I get on the plane. This board was very encouraging in my trying a solo.:Pinkbounc

I did, it wasn't even something I ever thought about until I read the boards, I took my second solo trip this month, and I took the first as a result of this board.

Hi,

I got back 12-14-2003 from a solo, 12-day/11-night trip to the Mouse! Mousefest was Magnificent!

Jim

I took my first solo trip in September because of these boards.
It was something that I had thought of doing but was kind of afraid that I would be bored by myself. I am so glad I went solo, it was great and I had the best time.
Our whole family is going together next year, there will be about 7 of us and I know that I will be spoiled from doing my own thing this year. I really enjoyed going by myself and I am planning another solo trip in 2005.

me too::yes:: i had contemplated it, but really got into the planning of it after reading about everyone's experiences from this board. i got a lot of good ideas here, and the confidence i needed:D and enjoyed my 1st solo trip this past apr-may. i am now busy planning solo trip #2 for apr/04:Pinkbounc
kathe

::MinnieMo Me too, I read several solo trip reports from this Board and got inspired and took my first solo trip this pass November for my Birthday...what a treat, and I will definately do one again in the future. Next trip will be with the "girls", we are all in our 40s and will be leaving the "men" and adult children at home. can't wait.:Pinkbounc

Hi Dorothy!

Me too! I only did solo after reading these boards. I use to go away but to places like Sanabel or a Spa. Now it's Disney on the brain for any spare time!

Sandy

I'm Back.. and Wow.. what a great time I had.. thanks to all of you!!! I have started posting my trip reports on the Trip Report Thread... but I really had such a fabulous time that I am looking into another trip in Feb... I just enjoyed myself soooooo much... it was too short.... Happy New year to all!!

kathy

Hi

My mom and I talked about going WDW for many years. She died of a stroke in July 2003. The night she had here stroke we talked again about going. She said that I would make it there some day. Some how she knew she would't be going. I thouhgt it Imposible to go alone, untill I found these boards. I will be at WDW in the end of April for my birthday. Mom was right, like always.

TimBropirate:

<b>Welcome to the Solo/Adult Board, TimBro</b>. I'm sorry to hear your mom passed away. She will be there in spirit on your birthday trip. My mom joined me for 1 trip. We had such a great time that we planned one for later that year. She died 2 weeks before we were to go. I went alone and felt her with me.

I did! It never occurred to me to consider a solo trip to WDW until reading these boards. Then, on the WISH board, we set a goal of participating in the 1/2 ,marathon in 2005--I thought it was a great way to combine my need to exercise with my love of disney and my desire to meet some of the people on these boards. Unfortunately (I thought) it wasn't convenient because DD's school break started on Wed. after the marathon. THEN, reading this "solo" board I had a lightbulb moment!! Combine all these things into a trip--so, I'm registered for the 1/2 marathon, planning on coming in on Friday, and having DD and Dh join me on Wed. I would not have planned it without this forum!

I am sorry I've gone to Disney several times by myself without the encouragement of this board but now I know I can talk to other people about it. It's an absolute BLAST! I've met people in lines that I would normally never do. I get to eat and go where ever I want without anyone nagging! This past year I finally started joining newsletters and discussion groups because I didn't know it could be so fun.
I am leaving on Monday 3/8 for Disney/MGM Studios and Downtown Disney. I am positive my Spring Break will be a blast!

Tinkerbell81284

Let me add my name to that list. I'm going in August! Valentine, thanks for all the great details on the Swan vs. the Dolphin, it was very enlightening!!!

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter