Some Enchanted Christmas PTR

Thanks Julie for the kind words about sister - hopefully the antibiotics will have her right in no time. :thumbsup2

It's a tough decision re the meal plan. I think with the options you're choosing, Auberge, Inventions you might well be better off with the meal plan. Remember that you get a drink included too with the HB option.

We decided against it last time as we don't generally eat 3 courses and some of the choices on the menu didn't suit. But, if you think you will eat all 3 courses and are happy with the choices, it may make sense to do it and not be stressing about where you're going to eat.

This was supposed to be a less fuss trip meals wise - we've had meal plans on our other 2 visits and to be honest I felt they restricted our choices a little as I felt we had to get value from them. But the other effect is that sister now expects character dining hence Sunday brunch and Auberge. After seeing the new CM menu it won't work for sister at all and I'm not all that fussed on the remaining choices. Still undecided about whether to just cancel it and do a counter service meal that evening and stick with the original plan otherwise or to go for broke and book HB. Counter service can be quite stressful with the wheelchair - we always end up needing help from strangers to carry the food, which is steering me towards the HB option. :confused3

I'm still here :) the dis not playing ball at the min with me and our computer poorly so no pics uploaded yet, will try next week to get smothering started.
Glad your happy with what I sent hope it makes her smile :goodvibes.

I hope you get her infection sorted before your trip what you know my felling with drs not taking notice when you know something wrong.
Also felling your pain with meal plans I've got PH form 365 and bbwws from ticketmaster twins want cafe Mickey for birthday meal and also want to do ADC 3 adults and 2 kids it's not cheap.
We have 2 onsite nights thinking off other plus meal plan or adding the meals on not sure yet. The weeks meals will be the biggest expense.
Great boots btw hope in just right weather wise got to be a bit cold as it Xmas but not to cold it hurts one trip we had -21 put me off a bit
Xxx

Hi Rachael . Really pleased to see you back on here - I thought you'd left us. :hug: Thanks you again so very much for the lovely gifts for sister - she will be thrilled. I will be telling her it came from you. Will show her your photos from your PTR. :goodvibes

Yes, the doctor making her wait was frustrating but even more so for me was that the care home staff didn't look for why she suddenly became incontinent and assumed it was a progression of her dementia. They should know that UTIs are the most common reason for that and should have had a sample tested earlier. :rolleyes2

Ah, if the twins want CM for their birthday that does make it difficult for you. I don't blame them - we loved sister's birthday there in June - but as you say with bigger numbers it makes it very expensive for set menus. Have you showed them the new menu? Maybe they will change their mind if they see it?

Looking forward to wearing the boots - they are really warm and snuggly. :love: Would prefer it a bit warmer than -21 though. Not sure sister would leave the hotel if it was that cold.

I have an uninvited and very unwelcome visitor in the house - one of ::MickeyMo 's distant relatives! Hopefully it's a single mouse and not him and his extended family. Saw it sniffing round behind the TV yesterday morning when sister and I were sat 3 feet way on the sofa. Couldn't say a word as it would really have freaked her out so I had to just watch the cheeky little beggar poke around and disappear out the door again. No idea where it got in but have traps down everywhere so hopefully will catch it. Hate the thought of it running all over the house - have been cleaning like mad ever since.

Thanks Julie for the kind words about sister - hopefully the antibiotics will have her right in no time. :thumbsup2

This was supposed to be a less fuss trip meals wise - we've had meal plans on our other 2 visits and to be honest I felt they restricted our choices a little as I felt we had to get value from them. But the other effect is that sister now expects character dining hence Sunday brunch and Auberge. After seeing the new CM menu it won't work for sister at all and I'm not all that fussed on the remaining choices. Still undecided about whether to just cancel it and do a counter service meal that evening and stick with the original plan otherwise or to go for broke and book HB. Counter service can be quite stressful with the wheelchair - we always end up needing help from strangers to carry the food, which is steering me towards the HB option. :confused3

Hi Rachael . Really pleased to see you back on here - I thought you'd left us. :hug: Thanks you again so very much for the lovely gifts for sister - she will be thrilled. I will be telling her it came from you. Will show her your photos from your PTR. :goodvibes

Yes, the doctor making her wait was frustrating but even more so for me was that the care home staff didn't look for why she suddenly became incontinent and assumed it was a progression of her dementia. They should know that UTIs are the most common reason for that and should have had a sample tested earlier. :rolleyes2

Ah, if the twins want CM for their birthday that does make it difficult for you. I don't blame them - we loved sister's birthday there in June - but as you say with bigger numbers it makes it very expensive for set menus. Have you showed them the new menu? Maybe they will change their mind if they see it?

Looking forward to wearing the boots - they are really warm and snuggly. :love: Would prefer it a bit warmer than -21 though. Not sure sister would leave the hotel if it was that cold.

I have an uninvited and very unwelcome visitor in the house - one of ::MickeyMo 's distant relatives! Hopefully it's a single mouse and not him and his extended family. Saw it sniffing round behind the TV yesterday morning when sister and I were sat 3 feet way on the sofa. Couldn't say a word as it would really have freaked her out so I had to just watch the cheeky little beggar poke around and disappear out the door again. No idea where it got in but have traps down everywhere so hopefully will catch it. Hate the thought of it running all over the house - have been cleaning like mad ever since.

Me leave never just posting Soooo slow at times I'm on TA too find posting on there a lot easier though.
we are back at the hospital next week and tbh it looks like it's doing something again :confused3 he got a dark mark under his eye again so staring to worry it may start growing again.

Push to get your sister the care she needs DH mam in a care home it's a good one but other are not.
I'm sure your sister in good hands you wouldn't have it any other way.
Yes -21 trip we all all slept in one bed at the HNY it was that cold we did WDW the year after it was too hot can not win lol.

Yak mice (apart from Mickey ) had one run it the bathroom once mid wee scream they thought I was being attacked by someone :sad:.
The food bill for next trip stressing me tbh i love ADC so need to do that again may add cafe Mickey meal too onsite booking then it's paid before we go ?
Need to have a good think also need to do my Tr xx

Me leave never just posting Soooo slow at times I'm on TA too find posting on there a lot easier though.
we are back at the hospital next week and tbh it looks like it's doing something again :confused3 he got a dark mark under his eye again so staring to worry it may start growing again.

Ah no Rachael, please God not. Will keep fingers crossed and add his cause to the Novena group again. Hope you get positive news at hospital. :hug: xxx

Push to get your sister the care she needs DH mam in a care home it's a good one but other are not.
I'm sure your sister in good hands you wouldn't have it any other way.
Yes -21 trip we all all slept in one bed at the HNY it was that cold we did WDW the year after it was too hot can not win lol.

Oh I do hun though it's hard work at times. I'm happy with where she is though there are a few staff I don't rate. I can usually deal with others if it's something tricky thank goodness.

Can't even imagine how cold that feels - hope I never have to find out. Seriously though - we will have thermals, lots of layers, duvet coats, waterproof overtrousers, snow boots and hats and scarves - we will cope with whatever it throws at us. :cool: or :sunny:

Yak mice (apart from Mickey ) had one run it the bathroom once mid wee scream they thought I was being attacked by someone :sad:.
The food bill for next trip stressing me tbh i love ADC so need to do that again may add cafe Mickey meal too onsite booking then it's paid before we go ?
Need to have a good think also need to do my Tr xx

Lol at the mouse mid wee - that happened me when a beetle climbed up inside my trousers in my friend's house - felt it on my leg and screamed. They all came running and there's me with trousers round my ankles shaking it off. :rotfl2:

I'm still stressing about the meals. Definitely not doing CM but still can't decide whether to add the HB plan or not. lol

We'll be there 30 days / 1 month today. :santa: Gonna just have a tiny dance lol :cheer2:

Thank you you for praying for him !!!
I will light a candle for your sister I so want her to have a fab trip.
Meal plan out of hand fir next trip but maybe the only one ds1 will go with his dad on after all the stress I have a you only live once head on DH not my mind frame ;)

How many sleeps ???
Xx

You're welcome Rachael - can't do any harm to try hun and thank you. xxx :hug:

27 sleeps - not that I'm counting :rolleyes1

Just in from Disney on Ice and I'm buzzing. Was a fabulous show as always and we had front row seats.

Only negative for us was at very end when loads of parents and kids rushed to the rink side to high 5 characters and take photos. They just clambered over sister's feet in her wheelchair. Was just like Stars and Cars M&G. :confused3 There was me being polite and staying in our seats and waving like mad - next time I'll know to roll her forward so she can get some high 5s.

I completely agree with your "only live once" attitude. Life is short and precarious and while I'm not going to remortgage the house or anything stupid I'd rather spend my cash on sister while she can enjoy it than save it up for a rainy day. xxx

3 weeks today until we go. If I wasn't completely snowed under at work I'd probably burst with excitement. Loving everyone's updates and trip reports. :goodvibes

Feeling a bit overwhelmed at how much I have to do before then - have probably concentrated too much on Disney planning and left minor considerations like Christmas to one side. :blush:

I rang the other morning and updated our ADRs. Have decided to go with the premium HB but have yet to ring and add it. Must do that this weekend. I forgot to cancel CM when I rang so that booking is still there for 8.30 on the evening we arrive. To be honest I'm going to leave it to decide until the day - if sister needs a character fix that evening we might do the 33 euro menu just to get one. We don't arrive early enough to get any meet and greets done that day.

So the meal plan now looks like this:

Thurs 18th - Cooked breakfast on plane - prebooked for lunch. Cafe Mickey at 8.30pm
Fri 19th - Planet Hollywood cocktails and platter for lunch, Manhattan @ 8.30pm
Sat 20th - Counter/Quick Service lunch, Auberge @ 6.45pm
Sun 21st - Inventions Sunday Brunch @ 1.30, Counter/Quick Service supper
Mon 22nd - Walt's @ 3.30pm

I'd love to go back to Blue Lagoon but sister hated it in June so better not. We haven't tried Walt's and Manhattan before.

The lovely cm I spoke to offered to give me reservation numbers for our bookings so I will have those with me.

As I said on another thread i have gone a bit mad on new jumpers - will have to stop or seek treatment. :rotfl2:

These are for sister

Asda

grey_snowman_jumper_1__94591.1412259761.107.123.jpg

and these are mine

Asda

waerm_hugs_1__83590.1416397432.107.123.jpg

201188801764_1.jpg

Our aunt was staying with me last weekend and has arranged to meet us at the airport. On our way out I'll drop sister and the wheelchair with her at departures before going to park the car then can take the case back with me on the bus. It's too hard to manage both the case and the wheelchair at the same time. On the way back she will come out to the airport on the bus and drive back with us to her house where we will stay overnight. She's a pet. :love:

Oh and the lovely Lisa sent me a photo of sister's autograph book today to confirm and it is just beautiful. Can't wait to see it properly. :goodvibes

Love your meal plan! And that is done selection of jumpers you have! That's great about your aunt, it will make things much easier for you. I'm dreading the airport with the two kids and buggy and cases and no DH!

Thanks Dhidra.
I know what you mean. My boys were a bit older than yours the first time I flew on my own with them but it was stressful. Can hubby go with you to help until you're checked in?

Thanks Dhidra. I know what you mean. My boys were a bit older than yours the first time I flew on my own with them but it was stressful. Can hubby go with you to help until you're checked in?
I don't think so, I think he'll be working. although I do need a lift to the airport so I might persuade him to take the morning off! Coming home will be another story!

Away airport are you flying from?

Dublin. We could fly Easyjet out of Belfast but they only have 1 flight a day - in the evening and it's no cheaper than Aer Lingus out of Dublin.

Fingers crossed persuading Dh. If you're stuck I could send Aunty. :rotfl2:

I know hun and we use them but getting from the car park to the wheelchair desk and back again is my problem. We really struggled in October though I had 1 4 wheeled case between us. So very grateful for Aunty's help. :)

I can't say enough good things about the disabled assistance both at Dublin and Charles de Gaulle. They were fabulous in June. :goodvibes

Hi guys. I'm having a bit of a panic. My princess is quite poorly. I called at her care home after work yesterday and ended up staying until nearly 11 as sister was running a high temperature and very out of it. On call doctor was lovely and although she was unable to say where it is she said she definitely has another infection so gave her an antibiotic. This is the 4th antibiotic in a month so her own GP is running all sorts of tests to try to say why. She has a compromised immune system because of certain medication and therefore they need to be really careful.

It's just 2 weeks today until we're due to go to DLP. :confused3

She is a bit better today and her temperature has stayed down since last night but I'm worried she won't be well enough to take away in which case we will need to cancel. I have to decide by next Wednesday as that is the 8th day before we go and the last day I only lose 35% of the cost - after that it will be 75%. :crazy2:

I'll change the booking to a June one if that happens but will be so disappointed.

Would be grateful for pixie dust, prayers or positive thoughts that she will be well enough to go. Thank goodness I was too busy last week to add on our HB - next Wednesday will be time enough to do that if she's well again!

TIA

Anne xxx

Anemone :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll cross all my fingers and toes that your sister is well enough for your holiday. How frustrating that you have to decide eight days before you go what you will do. Wishing you and your sister all the luck in the world!

Anemone :( I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll cross all my fingers and toes that your sister is well enough for your holiday. How frustrating that you have to decide eight days before you go what you will do. Wishing you and your sister all the luck in the world!

Thanks hun - really appreciate it. :hug:

Thanks Rachael, really appreciate your prayers and good wishes. :grouphug: xxx

She was admitted to hospital today - her blood is showing high infection levels but they don't know where it's coming from. I'm pretty much resigned to us not going now but will have to see how the next few days go. The strange thing is she's not presenting as very ill. :confused3

Oh and I came home to grab a change of clothes and things so I can stay with her tonight to find the beautiful autograph book had arrived. It's amazing but I can't even bring it to show her as it would be cruel to raise expectations at this stage. :(

Oh I'm sorry to hear she's sick Anne. Is she getting IV antibiotics in hospital? maybe they will do the trick? fingers crossed she turns a corner before next Wednesday. xx

Thanks Dhidra. Doctor was just here and said chest x ray confirmed infection which they couldn't hear with stethoscope. Said will start IV antibiotics soon and they might discharge her tomorow which would be great. Keeping everything crossed. xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter