Some Lounge Chairs now are bookable

I agree this is a nicer area but there are other very coveted areas as well around quiet pool, small landings on curved walked way to beach etc. Also, for others their preferred areas may be close to water play area etc. I sure hope Aulani doesn’t get into the pay for preferred seats stuff. Strangely enough, we have been to Aulani 9 times and have had good success finding a couple loungers in front of Ama Ama. Not a chance we will pay an additional $1000 (for a 10 day trip) to reserve these.
For what we pay for the rooms, it does seem like the ability to use a nice chair for a few hours a day should be included.

I just found out about these and called for the Executive, but unfortunately none were available when we are there 2/5 - 2/12. They would be perfect because my DH wants a table and chairs, but the kids want loungers. I guess I will keep trying.

You can waitlist, not sure how far out you can waitlist though. Last trip we only had a cabana for one day but waitlisted and got one another day.
I was unable to waitlist the Executive Ama Ama Lanai today. I was told they don't offer waitlists, but I could call back. I have put the other 5 people on notice to try to call when they get a chance.

I also tried to waitlist and said not available to do. Then I switched gears to book some excursions only to find out a cruise ship bought out the two excursions I wanted. About to just give up on trying to book anything at this point.

I was unable to waitlist the Executive Ama Ama Lanai today. I was told they don't offer waitlists, but I could call back. I have put the other 5 people on notice to try to call when they get a chance.
Interesting…..I wonder if it’s Cabanas only or if they changed the policy since our last visit. We’ll be there in 3 weeks. We’ve got a cabana a couple of days I’ll ask when we check in.

I just found out about these and called for the Executive, but unfortunately none were available when we are there 2/5 - 2/12. They would be perfect because my DH wants a table and chairs, but the kids want loungers. I guess I will keep trying.
FWIW, I’m not sure what you are expecting but I would not say there are really tables or chairs. There is maybe 1-2 end tables and 4 wicker chairs (that I think are also lounger shaped), along with two casabellas behind the “chairs”.

You can make out the table and chairs I posted a couple days ago.

I’ve always had good luck finding chairs in this area without needing to get down to pool early. I’d probably be ok paying for them if I had the whole family and we wanted a pool day together and couldn’t get a cabana. But anymore I’m ok just finding any chair even if it’s a single chair to keep towels and sunscreen by while we swim. For actual laying around and relaxing I’m fine in a beach lounger which are never completely full. So much less time wasted knowing we’re not going to have or need a place to camp out at the pool.

I certainly think the time frame you're at Aulani affects greatly on chairs availability. We were there beginning of December and while it was still busy, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing like Summer time. I also trusted the advice I got from here and people I know, that is weekends are just crazy at the pool and chair hogging becomes more serious. So I planned our Friday & Saturday away from Aulani to explore the island instead, and it worked out perfectly. On both days, when I did my morning walk/jog before 7am, I did see people already started hogging chairs. It happened on weekdays too but it was a lot later in the morning, maybe around 10.

I just reserved some seating in front of Ama Ama. We have 6 people and the verandas and executive lanai were booked (as well as the cabanas) but she said they had some new seating on the "Maile Deck" which was in a new area. We booked 3 Casabellas at $110 each. She said we could take a look at the location when we check in to see if we like the set up, and if not we can cancel. If anyone has any pictures that would be great.

I just reserved some seating in front of Ama Ama. We have 6 people and the verandas and executive lanai were booked (as well as the cabanas) but she said they had some new seating on the "Maile Deck" which was in a new area. We booked 3 Casabellas at $110 each. She said we could take a look at the location when we check in to see if we like the set up, and if not we can cancel. If anyone has any pictures that would be great.
Did you call at 90 days out?

My reservation says Malie Deck, not Maile.
I called 3 weeks out.
I think this is a brand new “offering” so not sure if anybody who has already returned from Aulani would even have seen it. Hopefully I’m wrong because I’m super excited to learn more details about it.
If they actually put casabellas on that top tier (or frankly the other previously free decks) outside AMA AMA we will absolutely be interested in renting them for a day or two (solves the view problem with the walk up casabellas on the beach and the lack of shade issue with the chairs currently outside AMA AMA) and of course the greatest problem of all, waking before 6:30AM to get a chair with a view. 🤪

I think this is a brand new “offering” so not sure if anybody who has already returned from Aulani would even have seen it. Hopefully I’m wrong because I’m super excited to learn more details about it.
If they actually put casabellas on that top tier (or frankly the other previously free decks) outside AMA AMA we will absolutely be interested in renting them for a day or two (solves the view problem with the walk up casabellas on the beach and the lack of shade issue with the chairs currently outside AMA AMA) and of course the greatest problem of all, waking before 6:30AM to get a chair with a view. 🤪
The booking person told me they are just above the walking path so I'm guessing they are not on the top tier. I'll find out in a few weeks but if anyone is there now maybe they can confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter