Something About Nothing ... #12

Thank you all for the birthday wishes for my son.....:grouphug:

:rotfl2:

For sure

You all will be the hit of the party.........4 amigos and two blow-up asses :laughing:......now all you need is a authentic bottle of Mexican Tequila with a worm in the bottom of the botttle. Who ever swallows the worm is the winner.......so I hear :hyper:

View attachment 343785

View attachment 343788

View attachment 343787

Pattyw hope the migraine gets better :hug:

Lol........yes the asses are going to be quite the hit I imagine! Unless of course everyone else thinks of it too.......

We have several bottles of tequila at home, around 6 I think and not one has a worm........that kinda freaks me out a little........:rotfl:

Lynne......hope your power comes back on.........definitely eat out!!!

Keisha that is a classic!! Lol........

Vicki.........you are yakking with the best of them now!!! Congrats!!!

On episode 7 of Stranger Things.........the bathtub I think this episode is called.......odd! But addictive.........oh they just found Barbara!!! :eek:

We have several bottles of tequila at home, around 6 I think and not one has a worm........that kinda freaks me out a little........:rotfl:

I remember seeing one of those bottles of Mexican Tequila with a worm in it many years ago....it looked gross, but people actually swallowed the worm.........I would not be above chewing on a gummy worm in the bottom of a snifter of rum ....real worm nooooooooo.

Got the front yard cut but unfortunately I found 4 fire ant mounds in spite of having treated the entire yard earlier this year. I didn't see one of them until I felt the bites on my feet. Now I have around 20 bites on my feet calves and a few on my hand from brushing them off :sad2: I give up...time to hire someone ...I'm getting too old for this stuff.

I don't have any tequila....time to break out the Jack :D

Ack, every time Jack is mentioned, cannot get Captain Jack song by Billy Joel out of my head. Was what put him into fame status was by Philly radio DJ’s, and he is back in town to celebrate one of the radio station’s 50 years on the air. So, hearing that song every day.

Yay, when got back from dinner out, lights on. Seems they went out around noon. All is well, clocks reset, and kids reset the router. AC is cranking, so pleasant inside now. Full bellies, and screens on, happy family.

Tink, sorry to hear of all those ant bites. Hope you have some anti itch and pain salve. Yep, hire to get ride of those nasty ants. Lucky, we get other types of not so nice ants, but I guess red ants do not like cold weather. Oh, and wahoo to 3,000.

Tink once you out the poison on the ant mound you have to recheck it two days later

They move about 2-4 feet away and start a new home

It took us 6 months to win the war with the fire ants
The ants keep moving until they took up home in our neighbors yard
They treat the mounds and ants move again
We pay about $5 a bag which goes a long way

A service really can gouge you on the price
And you would need them to return eventually

I know fire ant bites hurt
Hope you are pain free soon !

Thanks mac...I'm used to ant bites ...I've been chasing them around my yard for years...wish they hadn't outlawed the stuff that worked. I was referring to getting someone else to cut my grass. If only there was someone who didn't charge an arm and a leg around here.

Jack made my owie go away :flower1:

Happy Tuesday and birthdays to beloved sons and travel plans and omg 3000! Posts?!

I’d rather have a broken toe than fire ant bites. Found out about those nasty buggers when we lived in Texas. Unfortunately they are migrating northward with climate change. Our winters are just not getting sustained cold enough anymore.

A shed with a bar would be a great she-shed! There’s an insurance commercial that cracks me up when the lady homeowners she shed burns down and she plans to get a “she-ier she shed”.

Ugh hope migraines gone patty! Had one of those yesterday, complete with nausea - glad still had the wi get time peppermint chocolate tea.

That’s some storm Lynne! Glad power came back. Your vacation is shaping up to be pretty epic! Priced out hotels for possible trip with change of dates...will definitely be offsite if we make it. Keeping work schedule clear jic.

Dinner made but middle has band, son has soccer, and school starts tomorrow. And middle needs to be there early for “Chief mentoring” (mascot is chiefs). Ugh not ready for fall schedule to start!

Rainy start to day. Chickens were camped out in cozy dry straw in their run and didn’t want to venture out. No rain now but gray, and much cooler. Dog gave up on someone to take him for walk and is napping in his bed. I may not be too far behind on my bed...

Good evening everyone. Y'all have been a chatty bunch today. I would post more during the day, but posting from a phone is such a pain.

We actually had a really nice day today. Still very warm, but less humidity. I think we are sure for more rain at the end of the week though.

I hope not too Mac. Power is out in their house. And little one was coming home in it. Called while driving to say she was scared. Told her to pull over, but she said there was several inches of water on the road and wanted to come home. Said she followed those going in the middle of the street to try to not go into any deep water, and waited out some before going up the river of water coming down the large hill. All quiet now.

Thanks all, she did get home safely and I got a hug that usually is not given as much anymore.

Glad to hear she got home safely.

Guin says she can't wait because this trip is like a family one to her. She considers us her family. This is why I do this it makes me happy!

I went to school with a girl named Guin. I have never met anyone else with that name.

41 years ago today at 11:29 am God blessed me with the most wonderful gift I could ever ask for. My sweet baby boy. He is the joy of my life.

I'm a little late, but happy birthday to him.

Charade- Love that recipe! Will have to give it a try!:thumbsup2 Keep 'em coming!!
I'll have to look for my chocolate peanut butter pie recipe.

(I finally got to do the penguin ride there. It was a walk on. Normally it has over a 30 minute wait even on a low crowd days, which means we skip it. I'm glad I never waited that long for it).
Great place to get out of the heat.

I made charades rec years back. Family voted it down. I thot it was pretty good but in own right vs copy cat of the candy
I'm surprised to hear that. This is my go to dessert recipe. I rarely have leftovers.

We had quite the scare yesterday morning. My youngest went on the lanai as soon as she woke up & started yelling “The kittens are gone!” My husband & I ran out there & sure enough, no kittens anywhere!! Mama cat was under one of our lounge chairs, hissing, so that freaked me out even more that she was obviously distressed about something. We looked everywhere for 5 minutes & my mind was racing the entire time and I even sucked it up & opened the pool drain lid in case the worst had happened. Finally my husband said “ here they are!” And Marshmellow had moved them overnight to the tiniest enclosed spot on our lanai, behind the empty chlorine jugs. Pic attached. It started storming yesterday afternoon so she finally moved them again under our old grill. So we don’t know what prompted her to move them, maybe it’s because the girls are interacting with them or maybe an animal tried to get through the lanai screen to them. Who knows! I have never been this stressed out over babies, even my own babies.......
Happy to hear the kittens are all okay. Hopefully mama will grow to trust you more.

The work day is going slow!! Trying to push through a migraine that started coming on a couple of hours ago. Luckily, not too bad- but I'm sure moving slower this afternoon!
Hope you are feeling better now.

Then we ordered 4 Mexican sombreros, ponchos, fake moustaches and neckties from EBay for us, and her and her husband for the Mexican night on the 26th over at another friends house.........we will look ridiculous, but fun!!! She has two full size plastic blow up donkeys for us to take too!!!! I didn’t ask how she got them.........:scratchin or why???
Will we get to see pictures of this?

Got the front yard cut but unfortunately I found 4 fire ant mounds in spite of having treated the entire yard earlier this year. I didn't see one of them until I felt the bites on my feet. Now I have around 20 bites on my feet calves and a few on my hand from brushing them off :sad2: I give up...time to hire someone ...I'm getting too old for this stuff.
Ouch! Hope you can find a reasonably priced lawn person. As soon as we moved into this house DH started looking for someone to cut the lawn.

Yay, when got back from dinner out, lights on
Glad the power is back.

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

I am glad your power came back on Lynne

It had to be miserable
Not having it

When we lived up north and owed went out, our sump of course stopped working

Many times the house flooded from the basement to the next floor
Always a disaster
Hope you had no lose Lynne

Tink happy 3000!

Robo...….Nope, no real worms in any bottles here!!!! Gummy worm....maybe......lol

Vicki.....glad you got your grass mown, but ouch!!!! Glad you had Jack to help out...……:thumbsup2

Lynne, glad you got fed and have full tummies!!!!

MonyK sounds a busy day......hope your weather gets better soon and enjoyed a nap or two!!!! Naps are wonderful...….

Charade......yep, I might manage a picture or two of the sombrero/poncho look...…..maybe!!!! :laughing:

mac...….:wave2: Bet you don't miss flooded basements!!

Wednesday rant!!!!

So, our vacuum cleaner gave up the ghost...….so went down to buy a new one this morning...…..vacuum cleaners have changed over the years!!!! I knew I wanted another Dyson, but did I want a rollerball, cordless or something else we saw I have no clue what it actually was......I just want a vacuum cleaner.

Long story short, we bought Dyson`s brand new cordless......time will tell.

But what an awful experience making the darn purchase...…..do you want to pay it over 18 months.....no thanks we`ll just pay it today......she then tried to persuade us to take out this 18 months interest free......no thank you, we just want to pay it today.

Do you want the extra protection for almost half the cost of the vacuum.....a very firm no thank you, we`ll just buy a new one if something happens out with the guarantee......….her reply, are you sure because...….I stop her there and tell her no thank you. She tries again.....at this point I`m starting to get annoyed...….she finally realizes she isn't getting any extra profit out of us there...…

Are you needing to upgrade your mobile phones.....no thank you. Oh we can give you a good deal......no thank you. Can we give you a quote for cheaper gas and electric...…..by this time my head was almost exploding :furious:...….I just want to buy the flipping vacuum cleaner!!!! I stop her there and tell her this is why folks shop online...……I politely tell her unless she takes payment right now with no more questions we`re off...…..

She takes the payment while grumbling she`s only trying to save us money!!!! Yes, of course you are...…..

What a carry on.

We do get the Dyson and on the way out the manager asks how our experience was this morning...…..so I tell him...….he wasn't interested. They make money out of selling anything they can to consumers...…..but from now on, it`s online shopping for me. I really just wanted to see the thing before I bought it.....

This was one of our main chain electrical stores, not a little dodgy store.

Vacuum is now charging...….

Meanwhile hung out two large loads of laundry as it is hot and breezy...…..too darn breezy....it`s blowing a hoolie and my washing is wrapping itself around the lines!!!!

Time for early lunch I think...……::yes::

Have a great Wednesday...…………...:D

Yay! I agree with Schumi, for at least one day now, chance of wine is better than a chance of rain. And, the sun is out. Woot!

I hate pushy sales people. Excuse me, I want to pay cash, and get my stuff, and leave. I hope your new vacuum works great Schumi. Hope your lunch is lush, and the wind dies down. HeHe, your wind dryer is not on the low cycle.

But, even though Schumi knows what day it is, in honor of Keisha's butt crack rising to go to Mickey, it's camel day. That's right, each and every homie:
images
. Yep, the day of the week, where when over, Friday becomes closer. Make it a happy one.

And a funny:
images
:laughing:

It is time for tea, as the early birds are now getting to greet those over the pond that have already seen the daylight, and I need tea.

Good Afternoon, Schumi.

upload_2018-8-15_7-6-48.jpeg Hope you have a great trip, Keisha. upload_2018-8-15_7-7-29.jpeg. In case you get bored with Mickey, take this upload_2018-8-15_7-7-54.jpeg.

Bobbie, I hope you had safe travels, and are ready for fun. upload_2018-8-15_7-8-57.jpeg

:wave2: Mac. Hope you are feeling great today, and enjoying some coffee and quiet.

If you look at the Disney Rumors and News, News Round Up 2018 thread, last page or second to last page, there is a whole spread of Adventura's press night. That bar on the roof top pictures, ooh some great views. Yeah, I may do some of my own pictures for you all, from that roof top.

DkmyDjMV4AAnjed.jpg:large

Good morning. I’m sneaking in a quick post from work. I think it will be a slow day today.

Schumi - Ugh. Pushy sales people. When I worked retail I hated having to upsell. I bought my first bagless vacuum recently. I’m amazed to see how much cat hair (and people hair too - B looks like Cousin It from the back) I pick up each time I vacuum.

Lynne - Hope you get to keep the sun for a while.

Gotta get back to work.

Happy Wednesday!!

Thank you all so much for well wishes on my migraine. It got better last night but still don't feel great this morning- still small headache!

Schumi- sounds like fun Mexican wear for the party! :thumbsup2

Keisha- Your grand dog is so cute and sports the wig well!:)

Tink- Happy 3000!!:cool1:

Lynne- Sorry about losing power! Always look forward to your hump day camels!:)

Monyk- Sorry about your migraine, too!! Ick!! Sounds like the chickens and the dog are cozy- and yes- you should nap, too!!::yes::

Mac-Good no more worries of flooded basements!! :thumbsup2We're lucky that we haven't had ours flood- it's a big mess!!

Charade- Peanut butter pie? YUM!! That's Troy's favorite!! Send along the recipe!! My co worker makes a peanut butter ice cream cake. We do cakes for each of our birthdays and my choice is always her peanut butter ice cream cake!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

happy-wednesday-cat.jpg

Thanks, Charade!:) I printed it out!
Sounds pretty easy(important as baking isn't my specialty!)- looks delicious!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter